PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Sheppard laid off from WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *****Pete Sheppard Fired from WEEI *******

12 weeks off is actually pretty common for radio hosts. Howard Stern probably has 15-16 weeks. Howie Carr has about as much as Ordway. Dennis and Callahan have as much although it isn't noticable since they try to take them at different times so one of them is almost always hosting.

Great gig if ya can get it!!

Pete Sheppard is an arrogant, pompous blowhard who is disrespectful of the callers and thinks the show revolves around him. Oh, did I just describe Glen Ordway?

It's not that Pete is th best, or the smartest, or has the scoops. It's not that Pete really tells us anything we don't already know. It's just that he's one of us. He's not an import who really likes the Packers or the Colts or some other team. You're not going to revolve a show around him because he's not that good. But he's Pete - he's one of us - and that's what is great about him in addition to he is funny.

What made it worse was Ordway's constantly saying it wasn't about the money (when callers would suggest he could take a paycut to pay for Pete).

If it wasn't about the money, then in essence, Ordway was saying Pete was fired because he sucked.

I'm sure that was unintentional. At least I hope so for both their sakes.

That's my point. It's not solely a financial decision, as Ordway claims. It's a "we're getting beat by the Sports Hub and we need to make some changes, i.e. drop the uninformed, abrasive blowhard."

Is Meterperel also gone from D&C, and if not, why?

Isn't that what they have at the Sportshub? :)

Seriously, I am one of those who have completely abandoned WEEI for the Sportshub. The shows are just funnier and better. I don't really know why, as when the Sportshub started out I couldn't believe the retreads they hired or the pairs they came up with. Mild-mannered, one sport Zo with blowhard Tanguay?! Irritating Maz with over-the-top Felger?! Are you kidding me? But they work. On each show the hosts manage to balance eachother nicely. Yesterday Zo and Tanguay kept playing Chan Gailey and the other guy in Buffalo's good ole' Southern boy press conferences and imitating them, and I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard. I don't even turn it off when they start talking something other than the Pats, which I routinely did on EEI. Still haven't really warmed to the morning guys, but I at least put them on and listen for a few minutes, which I never do with D&C.

I hope they give Pete Sheppard a try over there. He is a blowhard, but he's a local guy who loves the Pats and he could be really funny when he went off on somebody, and pretty good when he hosted the Big Show himself. Sorry he got the ax over a lot of guys over at WEEI.

Isn't that what they have at the Sportshub? :)

Seriously, I am one of those who have completely abandoned WEEI for the Sportshub.

I tried ... I really did but both Felger and Mazz whining over and over at the same time is to much to take for me. Mazz really needs to wear losser underwear ... get that voice down a bit. Felger ... he just plain sucks ... I'm pretty sure he is a Packer fan so he'll always be a hater.

Glen Ordway stated on the air that the company has decided to outsource the flash updates for the Big Show, similiar to what they’ve done to other shows (Dale & Holley) in the past.

Great... Outsource..... Just what we need ......

SPORTS FLASH FROM MUMBAI !

I tried ... I really did but both Felger and Mazz whining over and over at the same time is to much to take for me. Mazz really needs to wear losser underwear ... get that voice down a bit. Felger ... he just plain sucks ... I'm pretty sure he is a Packer fan so he'll always be a hater.
I always got the impression that he was a Packer fan too. And Mazz's voice... I just can't take it (I AM NOT A WEENIE!)

I always got the impression that he was a Packer fan too. And Mazz's voice... I just can't take it (I AM NOT A WEENIE!)

He is a packers fan. He's from wisc (as we all know). Call up one day (if you can stomach it) and ask him who he was rooting for in the 96 SB and how he handled it in the press box!!!!!!

Only Boston tream he TRULY rooted for as a kid and has a connection to is the bruins.

Shepherd brings nothing new that you can't get from PP's Hooterbot. He's just another voice talking over everyone, especially callers. If it's a choice of Bradford, Price or Shepherd, Pete's the easy out.

Buddy of mine in the ad world says that Sheppard and Schilling pitched a morning show concept to 98.5 last week (apparantly they aren't happy w/ Toucher and Rich) and when WEEI got wind of it they fired Sheppard and kicked Schilling off the site. Obviously the story about EEI hurting financially and Schilling taking his toys and going home is spin.

I also read the same conjecture in bostonmediawatch.com.

Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Toucher and Rich are horrific. Unlistenable. Pete would be a great change especially if he could get some good co-hosts. How the heck is Schill gonna talk football.

I would really really like an alternative to the nasty negative commentary of D & C in the morning.

Buddy of mine in the ad world says that Sheppard and Schilling pitched a morning show concept to 98.5 last week (apparantly they aren't happy w/ Toucher and Rich) and when WEEI got wind of it they fired Sheppard and kicked Schilling off the site. Obviously the story about EEI hurting financially and Schilling taking his toys and going home is spin.

Hmmmm.
Who knows if it's true but it makes a lot more sense than the current story that's out there.

Toucher and Rich are horrific. Unlistenable. Pete would be a great change especially if he could get some good co-hosts. How the heck is Schill gonna talk football.

I would really really like an alternative to the nasty negative commentary of D & C in the morning.

Agreed.

I'm not sure I buy the rumor totally. Schilling rarely wakes up before 10am as he is up gaming all night. No way he makes it in the studio at 4am M-F.

Agreed.

I'm not sure I buy the rumor totally. Schilling rarely wakes up before 10am as he is up gaming all night. No way he makes it in the studio at 4am M-F.

Geez, why can't they consider some professionally trained BROADCAST JOURNALISTS instead of idiots like Schilling? I don't like that motormouth.

Schilling, finally a MLB guy I can stand

Interesting, and I thought that this would be the sign of a really good shake up at WEEI..

Wish there would be a decent thought provoking sports show in the AM, instead of all these "man shows"....

Hmmmm.

Jeez, I hope they don't put Schilling on in the morning on 98.5. I moved to them to get away from politics talk.

Jeez, I hope they don't put Schilling on in the morning on 98.5. I moved to them to get away from politics talk.

Toucher and Rich talk plenty of politics. But, their entire show is uninteresting and/or amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back