PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Sheppard Eviscerated Borges on EEI [11/28 Edit: Borges Caught in Lie]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dug deep into the BSM archives....2006....All Borges sins exposed.
Fire Ron Borges, the Broadsheet Bully — Boston Sports Media Watch

My favorite passage:

"But, hey, it’s nothing like beating up a fat, old man who walks with a cane, which is exactly what eyewitnesses say Borges tried to do back in 2004 when he was covering a Bob Arum press conference before a fight card that featured Oscar de la Hoya and Bernard Hopkins. Borges apparently got into a physical altercation with a boxing writer named Michael Katz, who wears a neck brace, walks with a cane, and was described as an overweight man in his 60s.

Here’s how New York Daily news reporter Bob Raissman described the scene, which began with a verbal exchange between Katz and Borges:

Katz: “Yeah this sounds like a Don King toady, a Don King writer, attacking a guy (Hopkins) Don King hates.â€
Borges: “You need a punch in the face, I’m really sick and tired of your …â€
Katz: “Shut the (expletive deleted) up.â€
“This is when the words turned into actions. Borges reached around and landed a hard open-handed blow on Katz’s right cheek. Katz never saw it coming. The shot sent Katz reeling back, separating his head from his beret, which went flying through the air.
Katz: “You shmuck. How can you hit a cripple?â€
Borges: “You been getting away with that (hiding behind an infirmity) for years.â€"

Hey, Borges: Belichick may kick dogs. But at least he doesn’t smack aging cripples.

The irony, of course, is that Borges thinks Belichick is the Gridiron Anti-Christ. Yet in the boxing world, he’s considered a Don King “toady.â€

Oh, yeah, and Borges’ other big sports management hero, besides Don King? Yes, it’s Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders."

Last edited:
Not to contradict the new title of this thread especially since the yelling and screaming at each other was so bad at the critical point in the discussion that both Pete and Ron were drowning each other out.

But I thought Borges refused to answer the question about having dinner with Drew and simply continued to counter that he wanted Pete to explain how he could know one way or the other. I didn't think Borges ever answered the direct question...did you or did you not have dinner at Drew's house.

Again there was so much yelling going on right at that point maybe Borges did slip a direct answer in and I just missed it. At the very least Borges was dodgy and evasive. Funny that his ole' buddy Drew set the record straight.

And yet, I still read and listen to his stuff too :bricks:

You and countless others - enough so that he has his TV & radio spots along with his writing.

Anyone that knows me knows I am as homer as one can possibly be. That said, you gotta hand it to Ron Borges for making a living and being a survivor in this town in a really tough profession.

You and countless others - enough so that he has his TV & radio spots along with his writing.

Anyone that knows me knows I am as homer as one can possibly be. That said, you gotta hand it to Ron Borges for making a living and being a survivor in this town in a really tough profession.

he's a parasite....plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back