PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Sheppard Eviscerated Borges on EEI [11/28 Edit: Borges Caught in Lie]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh....

I listened. I like that Pete went after him, but I certainly didn't think he eviscerated him. He couldn't. It was basically 3 against him.

Borges comes across as an unbelievable jerk off though. Just rude, disrespectful, and annoying.

King ought to be ashamed of himself, but he won't be. What a phony apologist. That's as lame and as weak as it gets.

Peter King and his selective moralizing soapbox.....I honestly can't stand that guy.

Nobody plays favorites and uses pretzel logic to defend them like him.

By the way, Peter King was asked why everyone gave the free pass to the Giants on trying to run up the score (the question Sheppard tried to ask Borges):

Weak logic, from what I can see. So the Patriots are so good they shouldn't try to get better?

So, King's argument is that the Giants are in the clear in this situation because Sunday was the first time the Coughlin/Eli Giants ran up the score? I wonder if he actually checked the results before coming up with this theory.

Sigh....

I listened. I like that Pete went after him, but I certainly didn't think he eviscerated him. He couldn't. It was basically 3 against him.

Borges comes across as an unbelievable jerk off though. Just rude, disrespectful, and annoying.

Just listened....wish I could have those 15 minutes back.....Borges=mean, angry, disrespectful=the usual. Easy to understand why he beat up that crippled boxing reporter....because he is a textbook bully. Sheppard=A for effort....but got a little petty with his "gotta ya" facts.

PS....WEEI texter has just forwarded a text where he asked Bledsoe yesterday if Borges ever ate at Bledsoe's...and Bledsoe said yes.....ooooooooh

Last edited:
Peter King and his selective moralizing soapbox.....I honestly can't stand that guy.

Nobody plays favorites and uses pretzel logic to defend them like him.

Not sure how many people know that Peter King had moved to Boston a few years ago.
He lasted maybe 2 years before moving back to NY.
Our New Englander reputation for not warming up to strangers remains intact. ;)

Peter King has a "thing" for Bill Belichick much like Borgie has.
And guess how much sleep Bill Belichick is losing worrying about Peter King and Borgie?? NONE.....and that drives the mediots crazy.
It's a beautiful thing!

Just listened....wish I could those 15 minutes back.....Borges=mean, angry, disrespective=the usual. Easy to understand why he beat up that crippled boxing reporter....because he is a textbook bully. Sheppard=A for effort....but got a little petty with his "gotta ya" facts.

PS....WEEI texter has just forwarded a text where he asked Bledsoe yesterday if Borges ever ate at Bledsoe's...and Bledsoe said yes.....ooooooooh

Yeah, I heard that driving into work today. Ouch. Borges just got caught in a bald-faced lie (well, if Bledsoe is telling the truth, which he has no reason not to).

When I wrote to Borges' then employer, the Globe, politely pointing a couple of cases of bad journalism -- not just commentary -- they wrote back thanking me for being civil.

One of my examples was an error that could only have been a fabrication on his part (he attributed a view to multiple sources that was so nonsensical they wouldn't have had it). The other was not knowing that Daniel Graham's nickname was "Grahambo". :)

Drew Bledsoe ‏@doublebackwine
“@JohnPumatang: @doublebackwine did Ron Borges ever eat dinner at your house? Him and Pete Sheppard we arguing about it on WEEI” Yes.

Last edited:
Peter Queen...there...I said it...now what?

Yes, it makes perfect sense, assuming it's 5 year olds involved. I've always considered you to be much more 'mature' than that.

Borges is a columnist. He's paid to give his takes, and strong takes are preferred by both his bosses and his readers. He was wrong on a couple of doozies about a decade ago. It happens.

If he's busting BB's balls about the Gronk injury, he's wrong there, too, and he's fair game about it. Going back to things in 2001 is idiotic, though.

100% wrong.

What happened in 2001 is the main REASON why Borges campaigns against Belichick to this day. The treatment of Bledsoe is the main catalyst to this ongoing misinformation campaign by that obviously tragic person.

This morning EEI was talking again about the unnecessary Gronk Injury, bombasity and hyperbole ruled..

98.5 was talking red sox and what might happen if..

Turned both off..

BSM is all over it this morning.

Borges....busted again. Who can trust anything out of him?????

Ron Borges Caught In Another Lie, Mazz Making Stuff Up, and Peter King’s Laughable Rationalization

Great read. I'd somehow forgotten about Bruce's fine BSM site.

The biggest outrage on D&C was the rare instance of Shepard's media on mediot criticism. They hate it when one of their own is held accountable. The fact that Borges still has a job covering the Pats illustrates how blatant the "no mediot criticism" rule is.

100% wrong.

What happened in 2001 is the main REASON why Borges campaigns against Belichick to this day. The treatment of Bledsoe is the main catalyst to this ongoing misinformation campaign by that obviously tragic person.

Yeah, going back to 2001 isn't idiotic. It establishes a pattern which anyone who has been paying attention to Borges will see that he is either stuck in a 'Lone wolf who hates Belichick' gimmick to generate interest or he legitimately thinks Belichick is a bad coach.

Personally it's probably a combination of the two and his disdain for the fact that Belichick gives the media jack **** to write about.

after reading kings rationalization of the giants running it up and losing their goal line RB i unfollowed him on twitter.

He has been getting mroe and more annoying, and now im done with him. horrible writer.

I doubt there is a more loathsome creature in sports journalism than Ron Borges. He is a obvious bully, proven liar (many times), poor analyst, a reporter without sources, proven plagiarist, and a man with a clear agenda pretending he doesn't have one.

When I look at him all I can see is Smeagol, the Gollum from Lord of the Rings. The image is so clear that I am always shocked when I see him walk on 2 legs as opposed to all 4's But its true he's a man that's been driven insane by a single obsessive thought "destroy Bill Bellechick". You can almost see the drool rolling down his face as he see's his "precious". He lives for days when Gronk gets his broken arm, and the Cunningham suspension is nothing less than an early Christmas. I'm sure he's read that hack from Pittsburgh's book cover to cover and believes every word. :rolleyes:

Its a shame that it was the emotional, inarticulate Pete Shepard that took him on. I live for the day when some one with the knowledge and articulation skill gets him on the air and sends him slithering off to some hole in the ground.

I'm not sure what can be done to rid ourselves of this pustulous piece of walking/talking poison. I'm afraid that his lunacy has reached such proportions that its been deemed "entertaining" by the mediots, He so horrible and embarasing that he's now become must see TV, like the Kardasians and the boo boo baby.

I can only dream of the day when we send him packing to some place in Idaho, where he can have his own radio show in some Nazi, survivalist, anti-government militia camp, spouting out his insane theories that BB is the anti-christ, and satin's spawn. :rolleyes: Because that's were he truly belongs

after reading kings rationalization of the giants running it up and losing their goal line RB i unfollowed him on twitter.

He has been getting mroe and more annoying, and now im done with him. horrible writer.

21 points in 52 seconds.........end of discussion......you take the gas off only when your opponent takes a knee or you can take the knee to finish the game.

There is no such thing as running up the score when the team you beat out scores you in the 2nd half. Although I wouldn't expect the mouthbreathers on that morning show to understand that.

I know for a fact from listening to Brady talk about this very issue that he wants to stay in games and HATES being taken out.

Wilfork just made a statement the other day about how a game becomes "fun" when you are up by 30 points or so.

And I know I personally am disappointed when my opponents resign from a game, even when we both know there's no chance of winning. Why? Because I enjoy playing even the games I blow out to the end.

While I don't think this is the only reason Belichick is keeping his starters in, but maybe he's keeping them in because the starters want to be kept in the game. He's rewarding them with some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back