PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Prisco: "Old and slow linebacking corps will hurt Patriots' chances"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw Pete Prisco I never like reading anything he writes the man is scum.
On the other hand thanks for the motivation Petey!

Re: Pete Prisco: "Old and slow Linebacking corps will hurt Patriots chances"

A few typical media errors here:
He says the Pats D will be our problem because one bad half with half the team sick at the end of the year. He forgets that the D was as good as it ever had been, being around the top of the league in points allowed. So he uses one specific example and ignores the whole body of work. Prior to the statement about the D, he says that the offense is fine because it ranked 11th in passing last year. Then he ignores the fact that we had no passing threat in the games we lost, including the AFCCG. So basically, he cites the trends when they work for his argument and ignores the specific events, and he cites the specific events if they work for him and ignores the trends.

Also, I love the quote where he says "Adalius weighs 285, not exactly speed weight." That's the reason Adalius is so valuable...because he is that big and still has the speed! What did he think all the hype was about??

Also, I love the quote where he says "Adalius weighs 285, not exactly speed weight." That's the reason Adalius is so valuable...because he is that big and still has the speed! What did he think all the hype was about??
Why should Prisco look somewhere else for facts? It's easier to make them up!

I'm sorry, but I really feel like I have to call out opposing fans in this thread. Yes there has been some excuse-making here. There have also been people like me, where in an above post I said this:

Prisco is making way too much of one game. Yes the D lost that game last year. They were opposed by the best offense in the league and overcome by injuries (unless Alexander actually belonged in that game). It's not an excuse for why they lost, but instead a reason why that game is a poor predicative tool.

Does this get any attention? Of course not. Instead we get trash like:

liter of cola said:
Dont make excuses, no team in the history of the NFL has ever given up a lead as large as the Patriots did in a conference championship game. Any team that gives up 32 points in the 2nd half in the AFCCG deserves to lose.

and

Bo0MeR said:
Souhnds like a bunch of whining and excuses to me. Here are the facts I know

1.) Patriots had the biggest choke in Conference championship history (100% True and verified)

2) The Colts beat the Patriots and are the current and defending Superbowl Champions (100% true and verified)

You keep brinnging up these "circumstances" (That NO player who played in the game for the Pats has ever come close yo verifying) just sound like bad excuses to me. You keep playing the if, and, and but game and trying to push it off as fact. Just accept the better team won the game and the SB and stop pushing this list of excuses

Thanks for the contributions. You have provided zero insight into the 2007 NE Patriots, specifically the defense. Had I forgotten that NE lost to Indy in January I would have been thrilled you stopped by. As it stands you're pretty much useless.

Why is it that everyone on message boards respond to the homers and the idiots, ignoring anyone who actually makes any sense? Is it no fun to think? Does playground taunting compensate for feelings of insecurity? Are you just that sad?

Then again, I guess I'm guilty for this post.

/rant off

I'm sorry, but I really feel like I have to call out opposing fans in this thread. Yes there has been some excuse-making here. There have also been people like me, where in an above post I said this:

Does this get any attention? Of course not. Instead we get trash like:

and

Thanks for the contributions. You have provided zero insight into the 2007 NE Patriots, specifically the defense. Had I forgotten that NE lost to Indy in January I would have been thrilled you stopped by. As it stands you're pretty much useless.

Why is it that everyone on message boards respond to the homers and the idiots, ignoring anyone who actually makes any sense? Is it no fun to think? Does playground taunting compensate for feelings of insecurity? Are you just that sad?

Then again, I guess I'm guilty for this post.

/rant off

Why would I need to address the 2007 Patriots, the comment I responded to had nothing to do with the 07 Pats but the reseults of the 06 season. So tell me why I would need to provide any new insight on the 07 team???

What I was referring to is the previous comments that seem to be reaccuring about all the Injuries the pats had (because no other team especially the colts has ever had injuries) or how hot it was in the dome (because both teams didn't play in the exact same conditions) or how bad the flu bug was (because we all know the colts are immune to sickness and not ONE player on that team could have also been sick or had any sort of ailment) Not to mention almost ZERO of these claims have ever been backed up by a Pats player

So yes, it's all just a bunch of excuses, now I was addressing the posters making these type of comments and not the entire patriots fanbase obviously

Last edited:

What I was referring to is the previous comments that seem to be reaccuring about all the Injuries the pats had (because no other team especially the colts has ever had injuries) or how hot it was in the dome (because both teams didn't play in the exact same conditions) or how bad the flu bug was (because we all know the colts are immune to sickness and not ONE player on that team could have also been sick or had any sort of ailment) Not to mention almost ZERO of these claims have ever been backed up by a Pats player

So yes, it's all just a bunch of excuses, now I was addressing the posters making these type of comments and not the entire patriots fanbase obviously
Because at this point in time, that's all you have. But feel free to feel better by trolling to a rival's site while you're feeling chuffed from your success last season. Must have a narrow life, eh?

Because at this point in time, that's all you have. But feel free to feel better by trolling to a rival's site while you're feeling chuffed from your success last season. Must have a narrow life, eh?

Yeah, cause I sure have been "trolling" this site alright. Check my post history, I only respond on threads ADDRESSING THE COLTS, go ahead and check yourself. I think I may have started one or two threads (one today) but other than that I only really give my insight on threads addressing the team I follow.

Now tell me where this becomes trolling and maybe your argument will hold some weight, but I don't see anything wrong where a fan of your biggest rival comes and addresses comments made about his team in threads regarding his team in your main forum??? Want me to post less, make less topics about the Colts maybe???

I'm fine with the "no excuses" trash-talk the Colts fans here are putting forth. Bottom line, Indy deserved to win. Pats had plenty of chances to overcome adversity and didn't do so.

That said, if I ever hear another Colts fan whining about Roman Phifer grazing Marcus Pollard or whoever, in a game DOMINATED by the Patriots, I reserve the right to rip off his head and shank down his neck. How's that?

Yeah, cause I sure have been "trolling" this site alright. Check my post history, I only respond on threads ADDRESSING THE COLTS, go ahead and check yourself. I think I may have started one or two threads (one today) but other than that I only really give my insight on threads addressing the team I follow.

Now tell me where this becomes trolling and maybe your argument will hold some weight, but I don't see anything wrong where a fan of your biggest rival comes and addresses comments made about his team in threads regarding his team in your main forum??? Want me to post less, make less topics about the Colts maybe???

You talk about choking?

How about the years of 2003-2004 and 2005 for the Colts?

Seems to me the Colts were one of the biggest favorites ever in the AFC playoffs in that game a few years ago against Pittsburgh and blew it at home - NOW THAT IMO WAS THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN HISTORY!

Can you say LOSS-LOSS-LOSS in AFC playoffs each of those years of 03-04-05? - All of which they were expected to win those games?

Finally Manning and his guys win the super bowl against a lousy QB in Grossman and now you are all giddy and ****y about the Colts?

I hope you cherished last year,It won't happen again till you have collected your social security check.

This thread in particular addressed an article about the Pats. You trolled the thread, found some posts referencing the Colts, and were off to the races. You're a troll. Appears you are obsessed with correcting any perceived slight against your team on another team's message board. That's trolling, pal. Any way you cut it. Thing is, your team is good enough where you should have enough confidence to not need to visit other team's sites. This is a known condition where fans become obsessed and think they can elevate their teams by arguing with other teams' fans. You are officially a member of the OCD world.

Last edited:
Every year Prisco and other sports writers make predictions about who will win or not win the SB.

They'll never mention it again if they're wrong but you'll hear from them if they are right. In a year when every bookie has their money on the Patriots the "in" thing to do is make a similar prediction about why the Patriots won't win.

Winning a SB no matter how good your team is relies on a lot of things - health and luck as well as talent and execution. So Prisco's just targeting one weakness that he can point to now to sound smart if that Patriots don't win the whole thing.

We see this every year.

I clicked on the link at the top that allowed you to repl to Prisco on your thoughts about this article. It turned out to be rather long winded, but I thought I would post my last paragraph, since it should, but wont make Prisco eat his own words.

"Oh, and 1 last thing, since you like to look at age and recent playoff performance so much, I cant wait to see you prediction of doom that awaits the Colts after you look at two of their most important players age and playoff performances Manning - 31 yrs - 3 td's 7 pics in 4 games. Harrision - 35 yrs - 10 recs. 0 td's in 4 games. Somehow, being the Colts crotch sniffer that you are, I think you'll leave that out."

And another fact about why the Pats defense may have been a step or two slower in the 2nd half of the Indy game, 4 out of the Pats last 5 games (including Indy) were away games:

week 16 at Jax
week 17 at Tenn

Playoffs
Round 1 vs. Jets
Round 2 at SD
Round 3 at Indy

Thats alot of travel there.

This thread in particular addressed an article about the Pats. You trolled the thread, found some posts referencing the Colts, and were off to the races. You're a troll. Appears you are obsessed with correcting any perceived slight against your team on another team's message board. That's trolling, pal. Any way you cut it. Thing is, your team is good enough where you should have enough confidence to not need to visit other team's sites. This is a known condition where fans become obsessed and think they can elevate their teams by arguing with other teams' fans. You are officially a member of the OCD world.

Yup there you are again with your wisdom :rolleyes: incase you didn't notice, the main article which the thread starter linked used the PATS/COLTS AFCCG as a main reference for a lot of his opinions. That being said I didn't have to look to hard to find some colts related replies

Why wouldn't I have confidence in my team, they are after all SB champions and have beaten the awesomes 3 times in a row now, I just like to come set the record straight since a lot of misinformation on the Colts seems to flow off of the tongue (err, i mean fingers) of a lot of posters here.

And to PATSFANINPA, what exactly does any of that have to do with the current SB champions???

Roman Phifer says hi.

Yup there you are again with your wisdom :rolleyes: incase you didn't notice, the main article which the thread starter linked used the PATS/COLTS AFCCG as a main reference for a lot of his opinions. That being said I didn't have to look to hard to find some colts related replies

Why wouldn't I have confidence in my team, they are after all SB champions and have beaten the awesomes 3 times in a row now, I just like to come set the record straight since a lot of misinformation on the Colts seems to flow off of the tongue (err, i mean fingers) of a lot of posters here.

And to PATSFANINPA, what exactly does any of that have to do with the current SB champions???

I am NOT PATSFANINPA - Its PATRIOTSFANINPA - PATSFANINPA is another guy in this forum if you didn't know.

By the way I am sure you were hiding in a corner of your house during those years cowering like Manning at those post game press conferences and now are gloating cause they finally won 1 since Unitas was QB - You go back ino hiding in February

Winning a SB no matter how good your team is relies on a lot of things - health and luck as well as talent and execution. So Prisco's just targeting one weakness that he can point to now to sound smart if that Patriots don't win the whole thing.

We see this every year.
At some point in time, he's bound to be right simply based on odds.

I don't think the Pats problems in that Indy loss was Bruschi and Vrabel. It was much more Alexander, Spann and Baker.

The next time we play Indy and Alexander, Baker and Spann are nowhere to be found on the Pats roster, nevermind starting, the outcome will be much different.

I don't think the Pats problems in that Indy loss was Bruschi and Vrabel. It was much more Alexander, Spann and Baker.

The next time we play Indy and Alexander, Baker and Spann are nowhere to be found on the Pats roster, nevermind starting, the outcome will be much different.

And Heath Evans was the 3rd down back.....

And TBC was in for Colvin the entire 2nd half....

And even the guys who toughed it out to stay in like Maroney, Wilfork, Seymour and Vrabel would most likely have come out if other options existed....

Colt fans can call them excuses if it helps their psyche for all I care. But they are *reasons* for the outcome and there is no reason not to dispute one claim about NE with these *facts*. Sure you aren't going to here about this from the team itself because BB is a lot better loser than Polian. He doesn't complain publicly when things don't go his way.

BTW, one thing that you should notice is that I never mention anything about WR issues. That was the bed NE made for themselves and if bit them in the ass at the end. Too bad.

Last edited:
Re: Pete Prisco's Opinion on the Pats (LMAO)

The REAL reasons why we lost & gave up 32 points in the 2nd half is:

1) Our D. was Decimated by Injuries.

2) Peyton Manning and the Colts O. (2 much for our 2nd stringers).

3) RCA Dome (aka the Steambath).

4) Reche Caldwell (aka Da Blind Bat).

5) Poor Officiating (Nice Job Guys)...

Don't forget 6): Untimely 3-and-outs, and penalties, by the offense.

Totally. Get majorly screwed in a big spot, have the league apologize for it, and keep it a secret so Colts fans might not actually have to face the fact that there was, in fact, a major screwing.

Classic comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back