PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com with an outlook at the AFC East for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10732981/rss

I basically agree of his views of this team and the other AFC East teams but saying Matt Light isn't a kid anyone is a bit on the wrong end - Light is only 29 years old so he may not be a rookie but far from an old guy.

He's right about the Jets needing a Quarterback. Clemens and Pennington both suck.

I'm really curious about them meeting with McFadden and looking at him so closely. Is it really worth it for them to draft him after paying Thomas Jones so much? He had no line to run behind last year.

The great thing about them is that they overpaid too many nothing players and will probably blow it in the draft again :). The Pats own this division this year, one draft isn't gonna change that.

People forget that Matt light has done a great job against quality opponents.one does not win a few SB with a bad LT.LT is a bad spot as you have to deal with smaller faster guys and larger mamoth so one cannpt have success all the time.
For all the bad crap matt light gets he has dominated the pass rusher in all those game winning drives.

not a whole lot to argue with in that piece if you're a Pats fan. it's refreshing to find a national mediot who wants to focus just on football. i don't think the 29 year old comment about Light is a putdown. it just implies that the pats have to start thinking about the future. if anything, the piece is generous in that it makes no mention of the "SB loser syndrome" and assumes that the team will be professional enough to rise above it. thanks for posting.

He's right about the Jets needing a Quarterback. Clemens and Pennington both suck.

I'm really curious about them meeting with McFadden and looking at him so closely. Is it really worth it for them to draft him after paying Thomas Jones so much? He had no line to run behind last year.

The great thing about them is that they overpaid too many nothing players and will probably blow it in the draft again :). The Pats own this division this year, one draft isn't gonna change that.

I agree with your analysis of the Jests' situation, but I think it's dangerous to say that any team owns any division in the NFL any more. on paper, the Pats outclass the Bills, Dolphins and Jests by far, but the SB reminded us of the perils of thinking a team is superior to another team on paper. the division has a brutal travel schedule this season; youth and toughness will play a role in who comes through it best. in the end the division winner will be decided by who wants it more than their opponents every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back