PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Prisco "Chill New England, there's no denying Brady is the best"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The CBS Sportsline Idiot finally came to his senses and puts Brady with the edge over Manning as best player in the NFL - About time you moron..

Out of his top 50 players 10% of them are Patriots - Brady,Seymour,Moss,Welker and Wilfork

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10877567/rss

Last edited:
Re: Pete Prisco "Chill New England,There's no denying Brady is the best"

Petey knows wasup... surprised Mankins didnt make the list though.

Last edited:

Just goes to show you how having legitimate wide receivers to throw too can really change things, RIGHT PEYTON ????

Better late than never!

Remember how much crap Houston got for passing on Reggie and then a home state national champion QB. I wish someone had those article archived. Now Mario Williams has established himself as a top tier player while Reggie is looking more and more like a 3rd down back.

This is exactly why Prisco knows nothing about football.
Tom Brady becomes the best in his mind when he has good stats and DOESNT win a SB.
Fact is Tom Brady was better in 01,03,04 than he was in 07, because all of those stats don't mean anything without a Championship.
I GUARANTEE you that Brady would trade every single TD pass in that record for ONE in the last minute of the SB to win it. Every day of the week.

Football is about winning, Tom Brady is the best because he wins more than anyone else. Statistics are a MEANS TO WINNING. Winning by a different means than big stats is better than losing by putting up big stats.

Its funny that Prisco whines about Pats fans complaining about his previous rankings, then acts as if he understands what we always knew, only to use reasoning that shows exactly why he was wrong to begin with.

Perhaps its just me, but "How great is Brady" was hurt slightly more by not winning the SB than it was helped by his regular season success. That may be harsh, but its actually a complement, because how great Brady is is most heavily weighted by winning, winning in big games and winning it all. I'd rather have the Brady that is almost perfect in big games, than the one who is almost perfect for an entire season but can't close the deal.

He is still clearly the best, and the gap widened (Manning didnt win either) but 2007 is maybe the worst example in his career to use as how you 'finally got it about Brady'

Warren gets no love and no respect.

Just goes to show you how having legitimate wide receivers to throw too can really change things, RIGHT PEYTON ????

is Marvin Harrison healed up?

Great. I can now begin sleeping at night. Thanks Pete. :rolleyes:

who is more valuable Mankins or Warren regardless of who is around them?

"infuriating the New England region by making Peyton Manning the top-rated player, helping to land me on the list of the least-liked people in Chowder-head country"

Oh well excuse me Lord Prisco, I didn't realize that your opinion was that imperative to any of our lives. Between Spector, JT, etc. etc. etc... you really think that Pats fans are THAT concerned because you think Peyton is better than Tom? Give me a break.

Last edited:
"infuriating the New England region by making Peyton Manning the top-rated player, helping to land me on the list of the least-liked people in Chowder-head country"

Oh well excuse me Lord Prisco, I didn't realize that your opinion was that imperative to any of our lives. Excuse me.

I am 5 hours south from the New England region and I still don't like him - Maybe Patriots Nation would be better used as the words instead of NE region

Hello Mr Pricko

Patriots nation expands to more than Boston and New England states...What an idiot!

I am 5 hours south from the New England region and I still don't like him - Maybe Patriots Nation would be better used as the words instead of NE region

Hello Mr Pricko

Patriots nation expands to more than Boston and New England states...What an idiot!

I just can't believe that he holds his opinion in that high of regard. Like somehow all of Patriot Nation has been losing sleep over the past few years when he put Peyton ahead of Tom! LOL. He needs to come off it. Quite frankly, any Patriots fan who is actually concerned about how someone perceives Tom is crazy. Both Peyton and Tom are future HOF's. It's more important to enjoy how lucky we are right now with Tom as our QB instead of "who is better".

Last edited:
That may be harsh, but its actually a complement, because how great Brady is is most heavily weighted by winning, winning in big games and winning it all.

Andy, I respect your opinion, but I am going to have to completely disagree with you on this one.

Tom Brady is not, nor has he ever been, better than Peyton Manning because of the rings. Tom Brady has been better than Peyton Manning because he has been a better leader, better manager, better in the playoffs, is (and always has been) capable of making every throw with great effectiveness and, on top of all that, through comparable points in their careers as starters, Brady's statistics were/are just as good as Manning's* (<- :rofl:).

Judging their careers based on the four games Brady won to get those rings is a ridiculous endeavor, in my humble opinion. To throw out how they played in hundreds of other games so you can only focus on five games is foolhardy and does not begin to give any relevance to the fact that games are won by the team as a whole, not an individual.

You can lose a game despite playing perfectly if the other 53+ people don't do their jobs (that is if you're lucky enough to even have the opportunity to play effectively). Because of this, Super Bowls are merely an added measure by which you can evaluate players. The lack of a Super Bowl victory can even be a detriment to that player's legacy if there is a tangible case to be made that they cost them a certain playoff game, but it is not the sole way to judge.

You cannot say that Eli Manning is one of the thirty-five best quarterbacks of all time.

*Manning's stats through 2004: 2,437/3,836 (63.53%) for 29,059 yards,214 TDs 119 INTs, a 5.58 TD%, 3.1 INT% and 7.58 Y/A. They're very close in most all categories, but the difference in INT% is a big one. For the same reason that you do not only look at won/loss record (in the Super Bowl or otherwise), one cannot disregard the offensive skill players around both, either. Football is a team game and the rest of the team is very much a factor in individual success.

Last edited:
I just can't believe that he holds his opinion in that high of regard. Like somehow all of Patriot Nation has been losing sleep over the past few years when he put Peyton ahead of Tom! LOL. He needs to come off it. Quite frankly, any Patriots fan who is actually concerned about how someone perceives Tom is crazy. Both Peyton and Tom are future HOF's. It's more important to enjoy how lucky we are right now with Tom as our QB instead of "who is better".

It's great that my long-winded post on who is better is after this, isn't it?:D

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to decide who is better (if you haven't noticed :cool:).

Ah phew, now that Brady has Pete Prisco's validation he'll be able to play much better.

This is exactly why Prisco knows nothing about football.
Tom Brady becomes the best in his mind when he has good stats and DOESNT win a SB.
Fact is Tom Brady was better in 01,03,04 than he was in 07, because all of those stats don't mean anything without a Championship.
I GUARANTEE you that Brady would trade every single TD pass in that record for ONE in the last minute of the SB to win it. Every day of the week.

Football is about winning, Tom Brady is the best because he wins more than anyone else. Statistics are a MEANS TO WINNING. Winning by a different means than big stats is better than losing by putting up big stats.

Its funny that Prisco whines about Pats fans complaining about his previous rankings, then acts as if he understands what we always knew, only to use reasoning that shows exactly why he was wrong to begin with.

Perhaps its just me, but "How great is Brady" was hurt slightly more by not winning the SB than it was helped by his regular season success. That may be harsh, but its actually a complement, because how great Brady is is most heavily weighted by winning, winning in big games and winning it all. I'd rather have the Brady that is almost perfect in big games, than the one who is almost perfect for an entire season but can't close the deal.

He is still clearly the best, and the gap widened (Manning didnt win either) but 2007 is maybe the worst example in his career to use as how you 'finally got it about Brady'

brady was better in 2001? LOL you must be joking. i dont question that brady would rather have rings than TD passes, but to say he was a better QB the first year he started because they won the SB is wrong. Brady had by far his best season in 2007, the numbers and the wins show that. He did not all of a sudden have a lesser season because the O Line got their ass kicked and the D could not make a big stop late in the game.

oh jeez i stopped reading this garbage after they put Carson Palmer at number 8.

Number 8, overall, in the entire league. You have got to be kidding me.
That is horrendous.

It's great that my long-winded post on who is better is after this, isn't it?:D

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to decide who is better (if you haven't noticed :cool:).

Haha. No, of course there is nothing wrong with thinking/trying to decide who's better. I guess I don't think about it much because I can't even understand the basis for Peyton being better. I just don't see the point of getting too worked up over it because at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. We are lucky SOB's to have Tom. Tom will always be the best in our eyes while Peyton will be the best in Dolt's fans/some Pats haters eyes. It's just not worth losing sleep over, despite what Prisco thinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye