Pete Morelli to referee tonight's game

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TommyBrady12, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 In the Starting Line-Up

#87 Jersey

Anyone know what kind of referee he is? Is his crew fair, etc?

2. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

#12 Jersey

I don't think it matters who the crew is anymore. If we are up in the 2nd half in a crucial primetime game, calls are going to go the other team's way.

3. TheBeers

TheBeers Third String But Playing on Special Teams

You know what? If they are able to pull out a victory anyway I kinda hope it goes down that way. Nothing is worse than the Pats getting a call late in the game and that's ALL the media can talk about the next week. A perfect scenario would be to slow down that Saint's offense to like 17 or 20 points even with them benefiting from a couple terrible calls late in the game... and sealing the deal by stepping up and taking the ball away. Not saying that will happen.. but it'd be nice! :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  4. TheComeback

TheComeback 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Oh quit it with the whining. If the Pats play a good game, one or two penalties should not kill them.

5. Wax Frog

Wax Frog In the Starting Line-Up

#87 Jersey

Is it possible to laugh somberly? :(

I'm sort of in TC's camp - all the SB winning teams had to overcome crap calls, did they not?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  6. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Referee Chat Blog: NFL Referee Statistics Before Week 6 (as of October 17)

7. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Here's a more recent listing: Referee Chat Blog: NFL Referee Statistics Before Week 10 (through Week 9, 11/9/09)

Looks like Morelli is a little below average in number of penalties called, about average in number of yards. The home team wins 63% of the time in his games.

8. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

#12 Jersey

Where was I whining? I never said the penalties are the reason the Pats lost or may lose tonight.

That PI in the Colts game was a ratings call, no other way to look at it. Butler barely breathed on the guy. That doesn't mean the Patriots shouldn't have been able to get 10 yards in 4 plays on the next drive. Where you get off making replies like that I have no idea.

9. Spiral

Spiral PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.