PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Kendall anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if the Pats would have any interest in the Quincy MA born, and BC educated, Kendall?

Jets | Kendall release coming this week
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:14:42 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets will release OG Pete Kendall sometime this week.

He's been in the league for 10 years. I would take him at the vet min as a backup OG only. He did play center last year and was awful. That ws due to injury to Kevin M.

Maybe as a backup only..vet min only...the team has young players..they DO need a versatile vet...but not sue he can play tackle..

I heard that this guy was a bit of a jerk. When he was released by the Cardinals, there was discussion on this board about the PATS trying to pick him up then.

Screw him. Grab another young waiver wire guy and let Dante mold him.

bevster said:
I heard that this guy was a bit of a jerk. When he was released by the Cardinals, there was discussion on this board about the PATS trying to pick him up then.

im pretty sure we attempted to sign him but he didnt like the money offering here and went to the jets instead..

oldrover said:
Screw him. .
Concur. I expect Mangini to scrounge BB castoffs, I'm not looking for BB to take what Mangini doesn't want!

Mangini can't afford Kendall but that doesn't mean he doesn't want him. the J-E-T-S are $26mil over the cap so Kendall won't be the only one to go. In fact, I read today the Jets are leaning on Q-Mart to take a pay cut. I bet BB would snap up Curtis faster that Howard Stern notices a D cup in a room full of women.

I recall Kendall being mentioned in the press last season as playing pretty well after adjusting to being the center. Boston papers all did pieces on his effort and team oriented attitude regarding switching to center to fill in for Mawae. BB definitely signs him if he wants to play for the minimum or not too much more - especially if Neal walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes