Welcome to PatsFans.com

PETA shows it has no decency

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

I dunno, to me this seems like a real scummy thing to do. It's a cemetary, and there are people who've buried their loved one's there. I don't think it's any place for some personal political statement. I think this is classless. I can totally understand the cause of protecting animals and preventing cruelty, but PETA is like most organizations, entities, programs, policies, or corporations. It just goes to far, or moves way over to the extreme. This though, is classless & disrepectful.

PETA Unveils Anti-KFC Tombstone in Plot Near the Colonel’s

Stone Bearing the Message 'KFC Tortures Birds' Marks Anniversary of Chicken-Chain Founder's Death

For Immediate Release:
    January 11, 2008

Lindsay Rajt 757-622-7382

Louisville, Ky. - Visitors to Louisville's Cave Hill Cemetery--the final resting place of KFC founder Colonel Harland Sanders--will notice a new headstone just a stone's throw away from the colonel's. The new headstone is inscribed with a moving tribute to a "Kind Friend of Chickens," but upon closer examination, the bright-red letters down the left side of the poem spell out an unmistakable message: "KFC Tortures Birds." Located in Lot 227, Section 36 (Sanders is buried in Section 33), the headstone and burial plot is owned by Matt Prescott, who spearheads PETA's international Kentucky Fried Cruelty campaign.

Why are Prescott and PETA always digging up new ways to advance the campaign? The roughly 1 billion chickens raised and killed for KFC every year are drugged and bred to grow so large that many become crippled under their own weight. The birds are jam-packed into dark, filthy sheds that reek of ammonia from accumulated waste. Their throats are slit while they are still conscious, and millions are scalded to death in defeathering tanks.

Chickens are not protected by the only federal law that protects farmed animals--the Humane Methods of Slaughter Act. An undercover investigation at a KFC "Supplier of the Year" slaughterhouse in Moorefield, W.Va., documented that workers were spitting tobacco into live birds' eyes, spray-painting their faces, and stomping on them.

"This headstone will remind visitors that KFC stands for cruelty and death," says Prescott, who is very healthy and has no plans to join the colonel any time soon. "We'll continue to pressure KFC executives to stop these grotesque abuses of billions of chickens--no matter how long it takes."

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=10788
  2. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Although I hate to see cruelty to animals or humans for that matter.
    PETA takes it right out of the ballpark.
    Many of these people need to remember what is important.
    Nuts.

RW, Did you happen to see South Parks take on PETA?
    If you haven't, you got to see it. I promise, you won't stop laughing.
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

Was that the douche vs turd episode? I think I might have seen part of it, but not all. South Park is the best.
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You know, South Park is pretty good. I mean it's wrapped in a very crude package that turns a lot of people off, but it can be BRILLIANT social commentary. Seriously brilliant.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

6. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As a matter of fact, that is the episode.
    "Vote or Die Muthaf#cker"
    Later on Kyle gets banished from the town for refusing to vote.
    They send him out tied up and blindfolded, sitting on a horse.
    Peta people see him and try to rescue the horse.
    They throw a bucket of blood on Kyle.
    Kyle eventually convinces them to let him stay with them.
    The leader talks with Kyle while taking a walk through the camp.
    He explains that "...here at PETA we live with and like the animals."
    He then casually drops his pants and dumps one on the ground, barely breaking his stride.
    Oh, there's plenty more.

Edit: You know. It could have been Stan. I always confuse the two.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008