Welcome to PatsFans.com

PETA killing thousands of animals a year?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

This is interesting. Not that I'm a fan of PETA, but I do support their basic prinicple toward animal cruelty. Beyond that basic principle, I think the organization is a bunch of whacko's. I heard a PETA guy on the radio one night, talking about how cruel it was to use a worm as bait when you go fishing. Which of course, didn't even scratch the surface of how cruel it was to fish! Anyhow, I never knew that PETA killed animals, did any of you?

PETA foes salivate at cruelty trial

Animal-rights group employees charged in dumping of dead dogs, cats
    Kristin Collins, Staff Writer

WINTON - All around this struggling farm town, chicken houses stand in the fields as a testament to the way many here earn their living -- raising, slaughtering and processing chickens.
    It is an unlikely locale for an unlikely criminal case. Today, two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, a radical animal-rights group that opposes meat-eating, are on trial for the strangest of charges: killing animals.

Now, two of its employees stand accused of tossing garbage bags full of euthanized cats and dogs into a Dumpster behind a Piggly Wiggly in Hertford County, 130 miles northeast of Raleigh.

Adria J. Hinkle and Andrew B. Cook, both of whom work in PETA's Norfolk office, are charged with 21 counts each of animal cruelty, a felony that can carry prison time, along with littering and obtaining property by false pretenses.

A PETA spokeswoman, Kathy Guillermo, said PETA never wanted to get into the business of euthanizing animals. But she said the group couldn't ignore the horrible conditions in animal shelters around Norfolk and in northeastern North Carolina. The group now euthanizes thousands of animals a year.

"Euthanasia is a better alternative to sitting in a stinking pound," Guillermo said.

PETA opponents are drawing attention to this little-known facet of the group's work.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/535593.html
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

ASPCA shelters euthanize animals all the time... if PETA's getting prosecuted for it that means they're doing it outside the scope of the law (I assume throwing the dead animals into a dumpster is outside the law) and they should be punished. They are motivated by a desire to stop the animals from suffering, but they must not have a complete brain between all of them if they think they can just do it however they feel is right.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 2 / -9

If these "Peta Morons" think us humans are bad they should be forced to sit in a chair and watch the National Geographic Program that shows a "Pride Of Lions" KILLING an Elephant, it takes over an hour to kill the Elephant by Chewing, Strangling, Eating From the RECTUM while the Elephant is still alive, chewing out eyeballs and three Lions clamped to the Elephants throat while several more open up the stomach and the Elephant is still screaming, after an hour he finally drops dead.

Send Your Old WORMS to Governor Pat Deval of Massachusetts.
    :bricks: