PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pessimistic note as to whether Brian Waters will return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a pessimist that he will return just because this seems like an abnormal situation for BB for one player to be treated differently than others.

The point that if he was holding out for more money that we'd fine him is a good point so i don't think it's money i think it's, he doesn't know if he will retire or not.

I guess the only clues for me that he will be back is we are still holding a spot on the roster for him, he hasn't been fined we haven't brought in a lot of new camp bodies at G mostly they have been T's

...also, they did not give out his uniform # nor did they assign his locker to anyone.

I talked to him today and he told me he's coming back for the start of the season...
liar.gif

I wouldn't read anything in to comments.

Simple fact is, Waters ain't here...so why waste time talking about hm? You can only work with what you've got and you focus on that. You don't sit there and think 'what if so-and-so comes back?' because you're losing your short term focus.

Scarnecchia is as straight up as they come...no beating around the bush. If Waters returns he will factor him in and play the best guys. If Waters doesn't return he isn't exactly going to sit there worrying about it.

Well, there you have it, Ladies and Genitalmen.
This post pretty much tells you all you need to know about the line. Thanks, UK, for putting it out there!

I talked to him today and he told me he's coming back for the start of the season...
liar.gif

Just the start of the season? What about the rest of it?

whaddya mean???...the rest of the season?...well..there's rosemary,basil,thyme,sage and p-p-p-petunia petals...

url

BTW...I may be an older than George Washington's dentures but I thought I was pretty hip to most forms of deviancy (don't ask...don't start)..any way I went to google Porky Pig and porky piggin' it came up in the search bar instead...do NOT google image this phrase, unless you have safe search on...I mean...WTF is going on out there????

BTW...I may be an older than George Washington's dentures but I thought I was pretty hip to most forms of deviancy (don't ask...don't start)..any way I went to google Porky Pig and porky piggin' it came up in the search bar instead...do NOT google image this phrase, unless you have safe search on...I mean...WTF is going on out there????

What did you expect? Porky Pig never put a pair of pants on
in his life.:)

yeah...dur...I get it...I just never heard of it...you know, as something you do,like shoot pool or watch movies..."hey, let's porky pig it,everybody!!!!"...uh....I reiterate,WTF is going on out there?

yeah...dur...I get it...I just never heard of it...you know, as something you do,like shoot pool or watch movies..."hey, let's porky pig it,everybody!!!!"...uh....I reiterate,WTF is going on out there?

Some crazy, crazy stuff is going on out there Mr.Kerr. Crazy stuff.

I just "Porky Pigged it" the other day...(I think...maybe...maybe not) :eek:

yeah...well...I may have porky pigged it...can't remember...but I can say I bacon it today...
EmoticonOops.gif

I have been a pessimist that he will return just because this seems like an abnormal situation for BB for one player to be treated differently than others.

Actually, Belichick has made allowances for older veterans to come in late in the past. My mind has gone blank for the moment, but I'll try to recall those players.....

Actually, Belichick has made allowances for older veterans to come in late in the past. My mind has gone blank for the moment, but I'll try to recall those players.....

Either Bobby Hamilton or Anthony Pleasant, I believe was one instance of this.

Somebody help me here. Alzheimers is kicking in:confused:

We have discussed this before. He is an excellent reporter but his analysis and the conclusions he draws from what he reports are dubious at best.

This is it in a nutshell. When Reiss does analyze it's almost tortured over analysis.

This is it in a nutshell. When Reiss does analyze it's almost tortured over analysis.
He's so careful that he's kind of uninteresting at times. He does dot his i's and cross his t's better than most though. But BORING.

He's so careful that he's kind of uninteresting at times. He does dot his i's and cross his t's better than most though. But BORING.

I don't mind him being boring, but some are pointing to his overanalysis on certain matters as proof that he is too speculative.

We'll see in the next week or two if his speculation had any merit to it, since he was basically in the minority for those who said he didn't truly think Waters would return.

Last edited:
"Alas poor Brian Waters, we knew him well"

"To be a New England Patriot or not to be a New England Patriot, that is the question"

The only reason I know what that means is a few years ago one of the Lions coaches got arrested for Porky Pigging through a Wendy's or McD;s late one night. Anyone remember that?

It just seems to me, that he would've retired already if he wasnt coming back for one more shot. Im predicting he'll be spotted at Logan after next week :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes