PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perspective - The dynasty keeps on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me, but this forum is acting like a spoiled child these last couple of days.

We are fans of the greatest franchise in the last 2 decades, 4 rings, 6 superbowls. Envy is guaranteed, no matter what happens to the team, the rest of the public will try to bring us down while we are in the midst of our run. Legacies gain their popularity and favorability when they are gone, not before, not during. We've heard it from the beginning and it only gets worse the more you win.

Belichick will go down as the best, Brady will go down as the best, this dynasty will go down as the best. How often do you hear about the tuck rule today? Barely, if at all. Spygate has mostly died down as well. Sure a jackal here and there will accuse the team of cheating and bring it up, but by and large, the media still acknowledge the Patriots as the one of the absolute best.

No matter what the true intentions of the NFL are with their over-the-top treatment of the Patriots, be-it parity, or facade, or imagery, or ignorance, or giving other fanbases hope, or whatever, Kraft has never done anything that would suggest he does not care about his organization. No matter how much you don't like it, he is indeed only 1/32 (3.125 %) and he doesn't have nearly as much power over the NFL as you wish he did. 31 other teams also only care about their own franchises, and there is no way they are going to give a **** or support a cause when the best-of-the-best gets a little flack thrown at them. You can tell he cared as he spoke emotionally several times about this, but ultimately he simply had to analyze the entire situation and decide on the best course of action. He is a smart man, he is surrounded by smart people, he made the right decision for the franchise.

He cannot sue the NFL, he would never win, and there would be a far better chance of getting himself ousted and be forced to sell the team before he would achieve any good for the Patriots in any way. The path that you demand is simply not a good path, it may appease your irrational emotions in the moment, but it would damage the Patriots on and off the field. If you would rather that Kraft lose his team than put up with a little BS that doesn't impact your livelihood in any way, well it says a whole lot more about you than it does Kraft.

Beyond that, whether they agree or disagree, on a case-by-case basis, with the decisions of the commissioner, so long as that commissioner can show that he is growing the league, as long as the NFL brand grows in popularity and profitability, he will be supported by the business owners. There are no teams without the NFL, there is no BB without the NFL, there is no Brady without the NFL, they are all part of the NFL, and ultimately they all need the NFL more than the NFL needs any one of them. That's the harsh reality.

And remember, the loss of picks only further cements this dynasty and the legacy of the greatest coach and QB that will ever live.

Brady will not miss a game, the NFLPA will win that easily. The picks hurt but they can be overcome, just consider it the same as a freak injury to lose a player. The narrative of deflategate will change over time. The NFL will do its "due diligence" on "studying" air pressure, which is simply a show for the other fanbases. They will guide the public to come to the conclusion on their own that PSI is silly to try to regulate, but they can't just come out and say "whoops, yeah we didn't realize air pressure behaved this way" because the only thing everyone else would hear is that the league cheats for the Patriots. As hard as it is to believe, other fans actually think the Patriots get favorable treatment, and the NFL must take into consideration the dynamics of ALL.

When you're at the top, you have to be able to take everyone's punches, because everyone will be swinging. Enjoy being at the top, Kraft loves this team, he will always love this team, and all the legacies will survive and stand on their own in time. Personally I'm just going to keep enjoying being a fan of the 4-time champs, and look forward to this versatile defense that the mastermind is building, it should have a nice 3-4 year window of dominance if all goes well, and that will send Brady out on top.

Even if somehow, some way, Brady can't beat this suspension this year. We will survive, we will win games, we will keep on keeping on. It's easier to win with the GOAT but it is not impossible to win without the GOAT. Remember '08? Ultimately he'll be on that field, game 1 or game 5, and he's going to show the league a thing or two about the irrelevancy of PSI. Take our picks, call us cheaters, suspend our QB, mock our team, we will do what we always do, take it out on the field. Pats nation unite! Kraft will give the team all the support and anything it needs to win on the field every year, not just this year, like he has always done.

Great post!

something that is along your thinking:

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/robert-kraft-bashers-should-be-ashamed

Why do you think Kraft chose not to appeal? Not what you think. Why do you believe he didn't.

He told us. Whats best for the 32 supercedes what's best for the Patriots.
The only thing we don't know is why the 32 felt appealing and getting it right was bad for them.
My opinion is that the NFLPA has been beating the daylights out of them and their commissioner. The authority of the commissioner is important to the league in keeping down the players. Kraft challenging Goodell (and I believe they chastised him for the Context report) says that one of the 32 says its OK to challenge his authority, and therefore helps the enemy, the NFLPA.
Kraft was asked to stand down because fighting for the Patriots rights would make the commissioner and league look vulnerable.
I also believe that Kraft was told to get Brady in line and tell him to accept the reduction Goodell gives him because they fear his lawsuit.

We know this. Bob Kraft was pissed off about all of this on Saturday. What changed? He spoke to Goodell and the other owners on Sunday and Monday. Still with me? Ya think he heard some information he wasn't too keen on hearing? Slept on it. And, decided it was pointless to continue.

Or, do you think he decided not to appeal because he hates us?
When did i say he hates us? I said I hate him :)

I don't believe for a second that this had anything to do with his chance of winning. He knew his case was strong all along. There was no new evidence on Monday morning.
What changed is that he was, in essence, extorted.
The best way I can put it is that the 31 other owners told him he has to choose between The Elite and The Help.

Again, the only logic I can see for why the owners felt that way was that they saw it as damaging their hold over the NFLPA by diminishing Goodells authority.

He told us. Whats best for the 32 supercedes what's best for the Patriots.
The only thing we don't know is why the 32 felt appealing and getting it right was bad for them.
My opinion is that the NFLPA has been beating the daylights out of them and their commissioner. The authority of the commissioner is important to the league in keeping down the players. Kraft challenging Goodell (and I believe they chastised him for the Context report) says that one of the 32 says its OK to challenge his authority, and therefore helps the enemy, the NFLPA.
Kraft was asked to stand down because fighting for the Patriots rights would make the commissioner and league look vulnerable.
I also believe that Kraft was told to get Brady in line and tell him to accept the reduction Goodell gives him because they fear his lawsuit.

Goodell will uphold the Brady suspension. It makes him look even stronger. He knows he'll lose the appeal. But, that won't hurt his image. He can say he tried.

I think the NFL hammered us because they knew they didn't have anything on Brady.

I'm glad you're 100pct sure we've got nothing to do with doctoring the ball. I'm not so sure. And, I also don't think it's a big deal.

I have learned that someone claimed it is a possibility, haven't seen proof or example of anyone else doing it though.

Doesn't change anything though, whether he could have technically gone through a dog and pony show of an "appeal" to someone that he has direct personal communication with or not. The bottom line is, whatever the commissioner wants to happen here, will happen. He is granted that power by all 32 owners, and it is stupid to try to act outside of that association. But hey, let's forget that these are businesses and pretend that you have some inherent right to whatever you want.

So your argument is that Kraft told Goodell that he is going to appeal and present his case because they are innocent and Goodell said "FU Bob, I don't care, I will rule you guilty even if you find proof on film" So Kraft slinked away scheduled a press conference and praised Goodell saying I'm sure he feel he is doing what he thinks is right?
What world do you live in?

Goodell will uphold the Brady suspension. It makes him look even stronger. He knows he'll lose the appeal. But, that won't hurt his image. He can say he tried.
You are basing everything on the assumption that Goodell has a reason to take evidence of innocence and proclaim guilt? You are acting as if he will get a pat on the back for lying about cheating.

I think the NFL hammered us because they knew they didn't have anything on Brady.
To what end? How does the NFL win by harming the Patriots and creating a full blown conspiracy to do it?

I'm glad you're 100pct sure we've got nothing to do with doctoring the ball. I'm not so sure. And, I also don't think it's a big deal.

The footballs were measured to weigh exactly what footballs that were 12.5psi at room temperature would weigh in the elements that day.
To think the Patriots doctored the ball means you must also believe that they doctored the laws of physics to hide it.
It would require that the Deflator let air out of the ball in the bathroom then willed it back in with telepathy.

You sound like a sales person for the Lifetime channel.

I'm not a terribly optimistic guy, and I think that has served me well throughout this entire ordeal. The fix was in from day one.

I came to grips with things awfully early. It is what it is, but I'm not going to let some ******** about air pressure destroy something dear to me.

I'm not a terribly optimistic guy, and I think that has served me well throughout this entire ordeal. The fix was in from day one.

I came to grips with things awfully early. It is what it is, but I'm not going to let some ******** about air pressure destroy something dear to me.

I've got bad news for you. That "something" has already been destroyed. The team's owner killed it himself.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Sorry that you feel that way.

I believe in standing by my team. On what planet does that NOT make sense?

So your argument is that Kraft told Goodell that he is going to appeal and present his case because they are innocent and Goodell said "FU Bob, I don't care, I will rule you guilty even if you find proof on film" So Kraft slinked away scheduled a press conference and praised Goodell saying I'm sure he feel he is doing what he thinks is right?
What world do you live in?

You're ignoring the part about some of the penalties being harsher because of a lack of co-operation.
You are basing everything on the assumption that Goodell has a reason to take evidence of innocence and proclaim guilt? You are acting as if he will get a pat on the back for lying about cheating.

To what end? How does the NFL win by harming the Patriots and creating a full blown conspiracy to do it?

The footballs were measured to weigh exactly what footballs that were 12.5psi at room temperature would weigh in the elements that day.
To think the Patriots doctored the ball means you must also believe that they doctored the laws of physics to hide it.
It would require that the Deflator let air out of the ball in the bathroom then willed it back in with telepathy.

Depends on your interpretation of the Wells report. It appears that the balls went down about .4 PSI from halftme to the end of the game. Wouldn't the same thing have happened in the first half? The higher gauge had all of the balls under 12.0 except one. Maybe, the Deflator forgot one. Not enough evidence if we come clean. We didn't.

Where do you think the Colts got the idea that we like to play with balls a little on the light side? Did they make that up? Or, do ya think when we told the Ravens to learn the rulebook. They may have passed that tip along to Indy who was already suspicious.

I've got bad news for you. That "something" has already been destroyed. The team's owner killed it himself.

It isn't bad news to me, personally.

I never believed any of the nonsense that was being spewed about "scorched earth," or any other ridiculous GoT saying.

It was obvious that we were going to be punished, and I reluctantly accepted that a long time ago. It's a shame that reality is just starting to sink in for some.

Sorry that you feel that way.

I believe in standing by my team. On what planet does that NOT make sense?

You're not standing by your team, so don't kid yourself. Your team's gone. What's left is not the same team.

And not standing by people/organizations who repeatedly cheat and/or sell you out makes sense on any planet.

It isn't bad news to me, personally.

I never believed any of the nonsense that was being spewed about "scorched earth," or any other ridiculous GoT saying.

It was obvious that we were going to be punished, and I reluctantly accepted that a long time ago. It's a shame that reality is just starting to sink in for some.

I don't disagree with you, because that's totally your call to make. Some people can separate their loyalty to the Pats from their anger with Kraft. I happen to think that Kraft is banking on that, which is a big part of the reason why he did what he did. He thinks that outright stating that our interests (and his quarterback's) aren't a priority is something that we'll forget about in short order.

I just can't separate the issues. Supporting the Pats means I'm supporting Kraft, and I can't support Kraft. I certainly can't reward his cynical belief that we'll keep throwing money at him no matter how badly he ****s us over. Hopefully Jonathan takes over soon, and then I can give them another shot.

You're not standing by your team, so don't kid yourself. Your team's gone. What's left is not the same team.

And not standing by people/organizations who repeatedly cheat and/or sell you out makes sense on any planet.

I am indeed, standing by the team; otherwise, I would have no reason to be on a Pats related website.

It will suck, but that has been the reality for awhile. I'm not sure why I would abandon them now? Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are guys that I admire. I couldn't care less about some billionaire in a suit. Never really thought about it, aside from the fact that he looks ridiculous in those tennis shoes.

You're ignoring the part about some of the penalties being harsher because of a lack of co-operation.
Why would that be relevant?

Depends on your interpretation of the Wells report. It appears that the balls went down about .4 PSI from halftme to the end of the game. Wouldn't the same thing have happened in the first half? The higher gauge had all of the balls under 12.0 except one. Maybe, the Deflator forgot one. Not enough evidence if we come clean. We didn't.
The 12 footballs measured at halftime averaged 11.49psi. The IGL says they should have been between 11.32 and 11.52. The IGL is not subject to interpretation, it is immutable.
The balls at the end of the game are not science because we don't know what they were inflated to at halftime.

Where do you think the Colts got the idea that we like to play with balls a little on the light side? Did they make that up? Or, do ya think when we told the Ravens to learn the rulebook. They may have passed that tip along to Indy who was already suspicious.
So now they are guilty due to being accused? Lame.
Perhaps someone knew that the cold would reduce the psi, so it would be a great setup.

Allegations get made up all the time, in the NFL and everywhere else. The fact that the Colts alleged something happened is not evidence that it happened, especially when all of the physical evidence indicates that it didn't happen.

For some reason, the Kraft defenders seem to think that the NFL can grant itself sovereign immunity.

Just so we are clear with where I stand, (not that I think it matters too much), I am certainly not a "Kraft supporter."

I'm just simply not going to let this ridulousness take something away from me that I enjoy.

Why would that be relevant?

The 12 footballs measured at halftime averaged 11.49psi. The IGL says they should have been between 11.32 and 11.52. The IGL is not subject to interpretation, it is immutable.
The balls at the end of the game are not science because we don't know what they were inflated to at halftime.

So now they are guilty due to being accused? Lame.
Perhaps someone knew that the cold would reduce the psi, so it would be a great setup.

Actual measurements are more accurate than a range of where they could be. IGL can't duplicate the temperature, barometric pressure and wet weather conditions that night. The actual measurements showed the balls went down .4 Splain that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes