PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perspective on pats from other team's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I always thought all the idiotic posts on this board come from people residing in Texas.
huh.gif
Can't be, I ain't residin' in Texas.

where you be? Toe-sas?...ooops...nope...that's where Wreckles the Sniffy-toucher lives....

The music scene is one of the most overrated things about Austin. For a city that bills itself as the "Live Music Capital of the World", they rarely get any of the big music acts. I saw more big name bands in my 1 year in Vegas than I've seen during all of my time in Austin, and I've lived here for most of my life. The only noteworthy music event is SXSW, and even then there's hardly anyone worth seeing.

I guess I bought into the hype, because the first thing I think of when I hear Austin is the music scene, though I've never experienced it myself. Thanks for some local insight.

I guess I bought into the hype, because the first thing I think of when I hear Austin is the music scene, though I've never experienced it myself. Thanks for some local insight.

ya, me too ! austin city limits and all. (seinfeld voice) what's up with that ?

The music scene is one of the most overrated things about Austin. For a city that bills itself as the "Live Music Capital of the World", they rarely get any of the big music acts. I saw more big name bands in my 1 year in Vegas than I've seen during all of my time in Austin, and I've lived here for most of my life. The only noteworthy music event is SXSW, and even then there's hardly anyone worth seeing.

Austin doesn't sell itself as the place for big name bands so def you won't find big name bands here. But for smaller, less known, indie bands, you can't beat Austin. And ACL goes out if it's way to promote lesser know bands. They got a ton of grief when they had Coldplay as their main band a few years ago. I honestly can't complain about the music scene here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back