PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perspective on pats from other team's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool stuff. Thanks. I don't remember seeing anyone else point this out:

"Actually, the Pats are 8th in the league in rushing and 8th in the league in passing. They are balanced."

That's funny, because when I read things from the sites in Indy, Pittsburgh, NY Jets, etc. it seems that the Pats stink and that they won 3 championships solely by cheating.

Nice to see some respect from deep in the heart of Texas. I'm of the impression that fans know a thing or two about football down there.

If we exclude Jets fans, I'd say the majority of other teams fans I know are highly complimentary of BB and the Pats. Many hate the organization and BB, but they are full of respect for what we've accomplished and how we've accomplished it.

I can't stop laughing from reading this guy's post:

jfconrow said:
I didn't really understand NE philosophy before I went up there to play. Its diff then Dallas, hard to put into words, a whole book could be written. Belichick is a diff story he prepares his players more than other coaches.

What I came away with:
1) put your offensive players in a position were they can get killed: one on one coverage, hand the ball off to the RB with no blocker and the LB right in his face....could be a TD too. Throw it to the WR across the middle right at the safety, big hit or TD.

2)Our situation sucks worse than yours. Living up in NE its 2 degrees, raining, no sun for months, no pretty girls so instead they fights in bars. Do you think they might have a chip on there shoulder. Don't you think Tom Brady would rather be back in Cali? Well instead he's going to beat your ***** in football to make up for it.

3)They are better prepared (kind of the same as haveing Belechick). They study more, not just in football, the schools are harder, in everyday conversation, they talk faster(talk to someone about footabll or chat with a girl; you will have to cover 5 topics in 30 sec).

You can't just say I want that for Dallas, but you can make the same trades. Texas has strengths too like alot of good football players are from here. Cowboy's fans need to keep the talent here (the draft makes it tough). Hire local scouts so other states don't get the inside info. Players don't go for the easy money, pick your home state.

I can't stop laughing from reading this guy's post:
Want proof that the schools "here are harder?" Take a look at a post a few down from that one where the poster asks if the author "lived in the 'state" of NE." LMAO!

Want proof that the schools "here are harder?" Take a look at a post a few down from that one where the poster asks if the author "lived in the 'state" of NE." LMAO!

lol! Yeah I thinking, "wait, Nebraska?"

lol! Yeah I thinking, "wait, Nebraska?"

How's that worse than having an "ionic" moment? There are plenty of idiots in Massachusetts and throughout New England.

The Billy Madison link is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

How's that worse than having an "ionic" moment? There are plenty of idiots in Massachusetts and throughout New England.

drop kick murphy...brappppppp

Oh, settle down. It was just a funny thing to write. You know, that humor sense....

Cut it out. I'm sure half the kids in Massachusetts schools couldn't find Texas on a map, tell you when it became a state, or who Sam Houston was. Turns out New England is only the center of the universe when you are standing in it.

Best standardized test scores in the country, most difficult state assessment test in the country, highest college graduate rate in the country, highest rate of high school kids going on to colleges in the country and your pal Menino (ionic) is a K-college graduate of Catholic schools (as I am). Plenty of idiots in Massachusetts, just a whole lot fewer. See ya...

Cut it out. I'm sure half the kids in Massachusetts schools couldn't find Texas on a map, tell you when it became a state, or who Sam Houston was. Turns out New England is only the center of the universe when you are standing in it.
I'm guessing you couldn't find Texas on a map, when it became a state or who Sam houston was. Dope.

Best standardized test scores in the country, most difficult state assessment test in the country, highest college graduate rate in the country, highest rate of high school kids going on to colleges in the country and your pal Menino (ionic) is a K-college graduate of Catholic schools (as I am). Plenty of idiots in Massachusetts, just a whole lot fewer. See ya...

"See ya" is a good way to go, since this is really not on topic for this board so, as much as I'd love to continue this, I'll leave your response as the last serious word on the subject. Happy New Year!

"See ya" is a good way to go, since this is really not on topic for this board so, as much as I'd love to continue this, I'll leave your response as the last serious word on the subject. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you, also, and I mean that. I never take the jousting personally. I often agree with your posts and sometimes I don't. I have lots of friends whose viewpoints are much closer to yours than mine, but that's OK. I love the * next to the Jets. Caught cheating. Honestly, we will likely be at odds again (not about football), but I only ask that you keep an open mind. Often, I don't but I'm working on it.

If we exclude Jets fans, I'd say the majority of other teams fans I know are highly complimentary of BB and the Pats. Many hate the organization and BB, but they are full of respect for what we've accomplished and how we've accomplished it.

That's because Jets fans are delusional. They think their coach is very good and that their playoff run last year was legit. Part of it is because the league wants to pump up the NY teams and their fans buy into the hype.

The publicity the Patriots would get if they played in NY would be sick.

I was going to say the fans are head over heals about their coach.....but that might set Rex off into a kinky frenzy.

I've been through all of the major cities in Texas and it's actually a very cool state with some incredibly hot women. :rocker:

Last edited:
Turns out New England is only the center of the universe when you are standing in it.

Well, unless you're talking football, according to the DALLAS message board.

Everybody thinks their team is special. That's a given.

Everybody also thinks our team is special. That's the difference.

Dallas fans apparently remember that feeling. Maybe one day it'll be our turn to just remember, when we go through a rebuilding wilderness. What's that you say? We just did?

God I love being a Pats fan :)

And on the other side of things, the board Extremeskins has a thread in their general NFL section titled Are the Patriots still Cheating? Premise being that there is no way we should be better post-Spygate and Goodell was too soft on us anyway. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back