PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Personnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Well i kept hearing from Seymour and Vrabel all year that its personal and coaching that makes great teams and to some degree i am guilty of not agreeing with them .Now it is so true.I thought it was all coaching.

Last night we saw in arizona where in end of 4th and the defence had a meeting at the sidelines with no coaches as arizona was driving and OT looking at a possibilty. Dansby was imploring his players to step up intresting.

So anyway personal problems

-We run 3-4 with 1 LB Mayo. Then we have 3rd down rush ends like banta and burgess who cannot set the edge. Guyton is a great 3rd coverage guy but inspite of called an old school thought we need a downhill bruiser ILB to let mayo do his thing. Then 2 OLB .

-DL - We need a starting DE. wright and green are great as rush ends but are just not talented enough [wright] or size [green] to play every down.

-Safety - We are good .rookies developing is good

-CB- Resign bodden and Younger CB maturing will be key .whilhite and butler need to learn to track the ball .

Offence

-brady is superman when he hits the open guy. Even in 07 he hit gaffney and stallworth for 40 catches a piece. Now we have 1 WR,1 rookie and wes in IR.
we need 2 WR .They do not have to be world beaters but good enough that brady can hit them .Draft 2 WR good hands and route runners. With Moss and julian we do not need a physical freak .

-- OL Man vollmer was isolated by ravens and Johnson came after brady free so many times. Vollmer hopefully develops if not move him to right gaurd and get another tackle.Fixing the right side of our line is so key. Vollmer being HUGE gives us a chance to handle these 3-4 ends who are giving us issues
next yr line Light,mankins,Koppen,Vollmer,Kazur.

--RB - Draft 1 big guy and let him run. North south runner combo with Maroney will be good.

Coaches

-Get a OC someone creative.I will go as far as saying let brady call his plays.
- DC i think its personal but too many mental mistakes by players so i will keep pees if he is healthy to keep some continuity with young guys.

Last edited:
Re: Personal

Personnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes