Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Personal Responsibility"??? ..... what's THAT????

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you ever wondered why America is not respected more in the world, here's one reason: "it's always someone else's fault" when somebody makes a mistake.

Read it and weep:

[size=+3]Court: Employer must pay for weight-loss surgery[/size]

By CHARLES WILSON (AP)

INDIANAPOLIS — An Indiana court has ruled that a pizza shop must pay for a 340-pound employee's weight-loss surgery to ensure the success of another operation for a back injury he suffered at work — raising concern among businesses bracing for more such claims.

The Indiana Court of Appeals decision, coupled with a recent Oregon court ruling, could make employers think twice before hiring workers with health conditions that might cost their companies thousands of dollars at a shot down the road.

"This kind of situation will happen again ... and employers are undoubtedly worried about that," said Lewis Maltby, president of the National Workrights Institute in Princeton, N.J., an offshoot of the American Civil Liberties Union.

The Associated Press: Court: Employer must pay for weight-loss surgery

Learn Chinese. Then you can eat as much as you want, get as fat as you want.

//

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ever wondered why America is not respected more in the world, here's one reason:

Theo-Cons..........

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nah, that's not it.

America has gotten away from the "rugged" part of "rugged individualism". Now everybody wants to "do their own thing", they want to "be themselves", they are desperately searching for the tatoo that nobody else has, the metal piercing that is "unique", the slogan that is the "avante garde". "It's my constitutional right that YOU (employer, tax-payer) give me self-esteem no matter what I do to myself or others" seems more and more to be the message.

But paying the price to become a great and successful person??? No, that is "asking too much"; that's "too difficult". So much easier to create a Big Brother system where the teat of the government takes all responsibility for everyone, no matter what they do -- or don't do -- to take care of themselves or their families. "Why work on myself (like losing a hundred excess pounds, as in the story above) when the 'government' (aka the "tax-payers") or my employer will be forced to do it for you".

1984, Brave New World, Soylent Green ..... all rolled into one.

Aka: hell on earth.

//

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

And I thought the ACLU was bad, can bad become good in one easy act...

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I don't know i didn't read Foggys BS. As soon as i saw "Why Americas not respected" i knew the answer and it wasn't about earings or tatoos

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah in England they're probably wondering why the fat guy and pizza shop are arguing over who should pay for something that Universal Health Care should have sorted two years ago. Heck the poor guy would probably be 190 lbs and ripped by now AND ready to go back to work if there wasn't an endless court fight.

Imagine unleashing America's businesses with the fact that the medical end of Workman's Comp claims is now gone!

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+4]If you're fat, bald, alcoholic, drug-addicted, or got a sexually-transmitted disease, it's NOT YOUR fault!! It's YOUR EMPLOYER'S fault!!!! Or, if you're unemployed, it's the tax-payers' fault!!!![/size]

Learn Chinese.

//

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's "nobody's fault; ......... poop happens. :confused2: "

"The devil made me do it."

"It's Not Me!!"

//

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The real question is: is addiction to a cult something UHC should cover?

10. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

You're being Eurocentric, I think.

Most of the world is not secular like Europe. They respect us more than you think, esp. with our being so powerful.

Western Europe is done. Put a fork in 'em. But Central Europe, esp. places like Poland, will increasingly be our buds.

Expand your mind, bro.