Welcome to PatsFans.com

Perry Changing The Constitution

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

I go along with all of it except #6 & #7 I don't give a sh!t who marries who and from what I see going on in this country today I think we should have an abortion clinic on every street corner in America I used to think Abortions were murder but take a look at whats runnning around out in the streets at night the degenerates of the country are breeding like f-cking rabbits.
    Praise Jesus The Lord Savior Our God

Seven ways Rick Perry wants to change the Constitution | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It looks like the constitution will need to be re-written in pencil if this guy has his way.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

The more I read, the scarier this guy becomes.. he knows what is best for all of us...more granny state rhetoric from the right.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Perry can't win in this country but he'd do well in a hard-core theocracy like KofSA or Iran.

Saying that, I incidentally agree with him about abolishing the 16th Ammendment, as long as it's replaced with a rational tax system like a consumption tax, flat tax, or a combination of the two. Personally, I favor a straight consumption tax for the purpose of transforming us from a society of gluttonous, polluting pigs to one that consumes what we need and wastes as little as possible. I realize that few Americans can consider that prospect, so I'm tempering my preference with a flat-tax base, augmented with a consumption-based component.

The current tax system is designed to keep accountants and lawyers employed in perpetuity, and to imprison and impoverish people for being unable to understand the tax code without the aid of said accountants and lawyers. The code is, by any definition, onerous at minimum and, at worst, deliberately and deviously unmanageable. When the government is taking our money, we should at least understand how and why.

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

The 16th amendment also perpetuates class warfare, as the rich get richer and the rest of us lose ground, and creates a behemoth instution the IRS, while the Forbes Postcard system has some flaws, it could be considered.

How would Ronnie Deutch and the rest of the leaches make a living... they can settle your tax debt for pennies on the dollar.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,991 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I like 5 ... can't believe that 5 is even an issue.

I like 3 also ... I would like to see a national sales tax on everything except food, clothing, and all medical expenses. If not that then at least a flat tax based on income with no deductions - eliminate all loopholes in one broad stroke.

I almost like 1 except ... if judges were afraid of losing their job then their decisions might become more political than they already are ... so no to 1 for me.

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

2 scares me as well.. this system has worked pretty well all this time, and to have another layer of checks and balances is redundant. To have a checks and balance on a checks and balance is stupid. Can you imagine the clusterf..ck in congress on something like this, it would gum up everything more that it is already gummed up.

1 also raises the hackles, not confident that judges should be seated any other way than they are now.. even though do not agree with everything, the system has worked very well up to now.

For 5 do not need an amendment, all you need is folks that will live within our means.. common sense cannot be legislated. When I think of 5 the worst scenario comes to mind the long threatened pandemic that infects millions or the great west coast quake.. what do we say as a nation, cannot help as we spent all our money???

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011