PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perkins Game Exposed in the Playoffs.

He's too slow. That's the main issue. It's like he is moving in slow motion, and he doesn't do any other one thing well enough to make up for his extremely slow play. He is literally the slowest guy on the court in every single game he plays. Opponents can afford to give him 3 steps under the hoop and not have to worry about closing the gap if he gets fed the ball. It’s the same thing on the defensive side of the court. His lack of speed turns him into a foul magnet. Granted, since KG has been there he has gotten slightly better defensively (everyone has), but the fouls will always follow him because more times than not, the man he is guarding is going to get off the ground quicker and force Perk into fouling instead of defending cleanly.

I’m sorry, but the kid just isn’t very good. He is a back up (AT BEST) in the NBA.

He's a CENTER, how many centers are fast? The kid is 23, and a bruiser in the block. That's a rarity in today's our center wants to shoot 3 pointers NBA. He makes $4 million a year as a starter. The kid is only going to get better. He is slow in the post, and drops a dribble when he should catch and shoot, but those habbits are correctable with a 23 year old big man. There isn't a single team in the NBA that wouldn't love to have him. He's a solid NBA player who should improve in the next 2-3 years. I think people forget how young he is.

I wouldn't give up on him yet, RW mentioned, he'd only be a rookie this year. He does step up in some games while other times he's over matched. Hey, its hard to have a great starting five. Look at all the other playoff teams, there is a leak link on every team. Detroit's five might be the best, tho Boston's big two is better then........fill in the blanks.
Chicago proved you don't need a great center to win. Perkins will be fine, its up to Doc to sub for him when he does not match up well. Don't forget, he's close to being the Celts all time percentage field goal leader. He'll bounce back as will Ray Allan.

Gotta give credit where it's due, Perkins played great tonight.

Gotta give credit where it's due, Perkins played great tonight.

Yup ... he did Wildo ... he outmuscled them which is his game.

He's a CENTER, how many centers are fast? The kid is 23, and a bruiser in the block. That's a rarity in today's our center wants to shoot 3 pointers NBA. He makes $4 million a year as a starter. The kid is only going to get better. He is slow in the post, and drops a dribble when he should catch and shoot, but those habbits are correctable with a 23 year old big man. There isn't a single team in the NBA that wouldn't love to have him. He's a solid NBA player who should improve in the next 2-3 years. I think people forget how young he is.

I’m not expecting him to be FAST, just execute plays quicker. Even when he doesn't drop a dribble before going up to the hoop, he takes forever and a day to get off the ground. It's like Nomar messing with his batting gloves in between each pitch. Perk will catch the pass; set his feet, coil up his body, and then (when two defenders have long since closed in on him) finally go up with his shot in slow motion.

He's the same way on defense. He is so slow in getting off the ground that he ends up hacking a guy even though he was in position to challenge the shot cleanly. He has terrible reflexes!!

Perk is a solid bench player, but I really can't see him improving to the point where I could ever see him as a solid starting center in the NBA. I just can't see it.

He's going to have a good series. The Pistons don't have a 7'3 mongaloid in the middle like the Cavs did.

He's going to have a good series. The Pistons don't have a 7'3 mongaloid in the middle like the Cavs did.

Z is a mongaloid? I thought he was an oversized mongolian?

If Perk can play like he did last night there will not be many more threads like this. He came up big when they needed it most.

Doesn't mongaloid mean East Asian? He doesn't look Asian at all, he just looks like a big goofy oger

Does anyone here think "Perk" read this thread and got pissed off? :p

Perk is having a career game tonight ... ;)

Does anyone here think "Perk" read this thread and got pissed off? :p

Perk is having a career game tonight ... ;)
Whenever I watch Perk I think he is pissed. Have you ever seen the guy smile? :p

Perkins is a beast. Remember, he's only 23.

I'll take my crow well done please. :bricks:

Perk.. If you are reading this. You are STILL slow as a sloth in quick-sand (with rocks in your pockets)... Now go prove me wrong!!! :rocker:

Last edited:
I'll take my crow well done please. :bricks:

Perk.. If you are reading this. You are STILL slow as a sloth in quick-sand (with rocks in your pockets)... Now go prove me wrong!!! :rocker:

I like my crow medium rare. :( I predicted the Spurs in 6 games. DOH!!!! :bricks:

Someone on WEEI said this looks like Perk ... :p
Tough to find a side view of Perk ... but with the little beard thing perhaps?

normal_New%20Hampshire%20Old%20Man%20Mountain.jpg
capt.6d729eba14a4457094913efd30d31dd6.piston_celtics_basketball_bxa102.jpg

Last edited:
Someone on WEEI said this looks like Perk ... :p
Tough to find a side view of Perk ... but with the little beard thing perhaps?

normal_New%20Hampshire%20Old%20Man%20Mountain.jpg
capt.6d729eba14a4457094913efd30d31dd6.piston_celtics_basketball_bxa102.jpg

I betcha it could beat him in a race!! :D

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back