Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=20187&pcid=44

7/30/06
Training camp: Sunday afternoon notes
By Paul Perillo, Patriots Football Weekly

For the first time in camp the running game received a little extra attention and the physical play was noticeable throughout. Running back Corey Dillon enjoyed a solid afternoon running with purpose, and the Patriots defense wasn't afraid to return the favor.

Notes
Rookie fifth-round pick Ryan O’Callaghan alternated with Brandon Gorin at right tackle with the first group with Nick Kaczur still on PUP. … Maroney didn’t fare as well on one of his reps against Larry Izzo during the blitz pickup drill. Izzo gave the rookie a quick spin move and Maroney was forced to reach out and grab the veteran. The obvious holding violation even brought out at least would-be zebra from the crowd who yelled, “That’s holding, rookie.†… Rookie David Thomas continued his strong early showing, making several catches during the practice. Thomas’ highlight came during a seven-on-seven red zone drill in which he slipped down the seam wide open for an easy touchdown from Cassel. … In addition to Brady, Bruschi and the 10 players on PUP, Daniel Graham, Reche Caldwell, Garrett Mills, Michael McGrew, Jarvis Green and Marquise Hill did not practice. Hill appeared to injure his ankle during Saturday’s morning workout and hasn’t suited up since. … The Patriots will return to double sessions on Monday with practice times set for 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.

“My motto for the whole year, and I can’t give you the definition, but it’s NFA,” Dillon said. “You guys try to figure it out. NFA – that’s my motto for the whole year. This is serious business, and I’m just out here trying to help the team win. Being in the greatest shape possible and tackle the season.”

Who’s hot: Dillon – The veteran running back appeared to have an extra jump in his step, particularly on one sweep where he caught the edge and turned up field for a sizable gain. The emphasis had mostly been on the passing game thus far until today and Dillon hadn’t stood out much. Perhaps he was waiting for some hard-nosed running drills to make his presence felt.

So, NFA...

New Freakin' Attitude?
No Failure Allowed?
No Faulk Attempts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Fading Away?

Never Duck Around?

No Further Action?

Never Fall Alone?

Never Fight Alone?

Last edited:
No Failure Allowed.

No F'in Around.

(I think it may actually be the second one..."No F*cking Around," considering he said this was "serious business.")

Last edited:
In the words of the great Buddy Holly Not Fade Away.

Guys, seriously. It's "No F____-ing around." Definitely. No?

Nfa

any ideas?

patsox23 said:
Guys, seriously. It's "No F____-ing around." Definitely. No?

I would agree. This is a man who isn't going to be writing the next great American novel. Whatever it is, it's not going to be very profound.

Last edited:
"… Maroney didn’t fare as well on one of his reps against Larry Izzo during the blitz pickup drill. Izzo gave the rookie a quick spin move and Maroney was forced to reach out and grab the veteran. The obvious holding violation even brought out at least would-be zebra from the crowd who yelled, “That’s holding, rookie.†…"

That was the line of the day!

Glad to be at a practice with some real hitting. Sun burned, tired, and just got home...but The Boys are back :)

SoonerPatriot said:
I would agree. This is a man who isn't going to be writing the next great American novel. Whatever it is, it's not going to be very profound.

Since its clear we're all assuming the man can spell* I'll go with "No F____-ing around."

*not everyone in the NFL is as good a speller as Terry "D-I-D" Glennn

I'll go with Pats1

Think he nailed it....

Really folks, your all too focused on profanity, the reality is much simpler, but only technically profane: No Felger Attitudes.

I note the picture with Perillo's story has Thomas on the ground being hurdled by Cory, I wish I could have seen that blocking develop to see how he got there.

I agree... NFA has to be No F'in around...seems to be what they all are saying, maybe not exactly in those exact words.

After the bitter taste leftover from Denver, and while it is indeed only day ,they all seem to be rallying around eaach other. Seems to be more urgency this year, more attention to detail, more of a willingness to execute assignments and learn.

Oh and by the way, Come on Deion, get your a__ in camp and NFA for you any more.

No F*cking around would certainly have to be it. I agree with those that have guessed as much.

nhpatsfan said:
Glad to be at a practice with some real hitting. Sun burned, tired, and just got home...but The Boys are back :)

They make this stuff called sunscreen. No one ever need be sunburned again.

Re: Nfa

No Fcukin Around indeed

pats1 said:
No Failure Allowed.

No F'in Around.

(I think it may actually be the second one..."No F*cking Around," considering he said this was "serious business.")

Not Fade Away (dum da da dum di dum dum)? :)

I hereby call on all Patriots fans at training camp to take up the chant "N...F...A.....N....F..A..............."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes