PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perfect time to trade Daniel Graham (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Pats are loaded with TE's now, he's coming up to free agency soon, I'd be thrilled if they found a taker for this guy to help either with a draft pick or LB depth. God, it still pains me that the Pats traded up for this guy and ultimately passed on Ed Reed for this guy.

Re: Perfect time to trade Daniel Graham

Hope you brought Kevlar. ;)

and who would be a blocker for us? Watson cant really block well and neither can Thomas..were not loaded..i rather keep Graham .. maybe even resign him

so far..people have said
Trade Branch
Trade Pass
Trade Graham
Trade Gorin
Trade Faulk
Trade Beisel
Trade Green

..its like saying Trade DILLON! look at Maroney!..you need depth..leadership. BB laughed and said NO! to Denver for Graham-Lelie trade.

we have depth at LB..i mean we got a lot of young guys but not experienced as starters and stuff..its hard to learn 3-4

Depth is what comes September-October-November-December like BB said and how high of a draft pick do u expect to get for a guy whos been injured 85% of TC. He can still make plays for us..he blocks well for us.

Last edited:

Jacky Roberts said:
Perfect time to trade Daniel Graham

...Except for the fact that Belichick went on the record to say he wasn't going to trade Graham this season.

Remix 6 said:
and who would be a blocker for us? Watson cant really block well and neither can Thomas..were not loaded..i rather keep Graham .. maybe even resign him

so far..people have said
Trade Branch
Trade Pass
Trade Graham
Trade Gorin
Trade Faulk
Trade Beisel
Trade Green

..its like saying Trade DILLON! look at Maroney!..you need depth..leadership. BB laughed and said NO! to Denver for Graham-Lelie trade.

The RB analogy is wrong, because the Pats have several quality tight ends. The Pats have significant needs and you have to trade quality to get quality. I dont think Branch is coming back, so if they could parlay Graham into a receiver or backup LB, I'd be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeSixPat said:
...Except for the fact that Belichick went on the record to say he wasn't going to trade Graham this season.

What else is he going to say? I like Graham, but he has trade value.

Graham is in the last season of his deal, so not that attractive as a tradee, he is also a superior run blocking TE, who has above average speed and catching ability. Let's not trhow him away just yet.

Daniel Graham is freaking underrated. He is a valuable part to the offense. He gets injured at some point during seasons but he is one of the best blocking tight ends in the league. As of now he is better than Ben Watson as a tight end overall. He has underrated hands. And so what if we passed on Ed Reed? We still won 2 SB's in a row afterwards. Wilsons move to safety wasnt bad as he actually played good in those two SB seasons. Why dont we go and make a terrible trade and give away Graham for Lelie? Why not?

I'd rather use one last year of Grahams talent than trade him for someone or some mediocore Wide Reciever.

Last edited:

Yeah, I just hated it when Graham solidified the OLine, manhandled edge rushers and helped bring home multiple rings. Matt Light should be giving Graham half his salary for bailing him out on the left side.

wheres our quality at TE..lol? where?

Trading Graham would leave

Watson..1 full year of playing..still young and learning
Thomas..hes a rookie..you cant call him quality till he plays a real season down
Rasby..is he expected to make roster?

Mills will probably be at FB but even at Te..like Thomas hes a rookie

non of those are good enough blockers like Graham whos helped a lot verse Freeney..Peppers etc.

i dont see quality at all if we trade Graham

borg said:
Yeah, I just hated it when Graham solidified the OLine, manhandled edge rushers and helped bring home multiple rings. Matt Light should be giving Graham half his salary for bailing him out on the left side.

Jeezus, I'm not saying Graham is garbage, I'm saying with the wealth at TE, they have the opportunity to trade him for something they need. They are going to lose him to free agency next summer anyhow.

Jacky Roberts said:
Jeezus, I'm not saying Graham is garbage, I'm saying with the wealth at TE, they have the opportunity to trade him for something they need. They are going to lose him to free agency next summer anyhow.

read my post before this..no quality in us

Remix 6 said:
read my post before this..no quality in us

I guess it would depend on who they got back.

Jacky Roberts said:
But why not use another year of his talent? No point not to.

Kdo5 said:
But why not use another year of his talent? No point not to.

I guess with Graham and Watson, a guy like Thomas will be benched, as well as Mills (I doubt they use him at FB). They have depth here and holes in other positions. Watson is an emerging star and with Graham looking to bolt next summer, might be worth seeing what's out there.

Well either way BB said he wont trade Graham as we know.

We need Graham. He is one of the best blocking TE's in football. IMO the success of the 2006 team will be based on the success of the two headed monster of Dillon and Maroney. Graham will be a big part of that success. I'm not concerned with free agency in 2007 . I'm concerned with running it up teams like the Broncos arse during this year.

Jacky Roberts said:
They are going to lose him to free agency next summer anyhow.
Is that a fact?

We have great running backs, which is going to be our strength, why weaken the O-line?

Even if we do lose him to FA there's no reason to give up that much talent. Keep it while you can.

borg said:

I think you mean that Brandon Gorin and Tom Ashworth should be giving Graham half their salary for bailing them out on the RIGHT side. Which is where Graham has helped the most. Yes Graham has lined up some on the left side, but its mainly been the right side that has needed the help the past 3 years.

Jacky Roberts said:
I guess with Graham and Watson, a guy like Thomas will be benched, as well as Mills (I doubt they use him at FB). They have depth here and holes in other positions. Watson is an emerging star and with Graham looking to bolt next summer, might be worth seeing what's out there.

okay so when everyone is saying Pass is gone..and many dont like Evans..why wouldnt Mills be at FB...hes an H-Back type..i think they use him wherever they think he can make more plays obviously at FB because TE is deeper than FB position

Watson could have a breakout year or could dissapoint..too early to tell..he hasnt made a name for himself as a TE..people know him for his speed and chasing down Bailey. Watson also cant block too well..so keeping Graham helps Watson. Worth seeing whats out there..we get comp. pick next year for losing our FAs hard as high as a 2nd or 3rd rounder for McGinest-Vinatieri-Givens..i think Graham is more valuable right now than a 5th rounder that we would receive..and how many teams run a 3-4 defense and are looking to get a TE and let go of a pretty good LB? I dont see any .. and bringing a guy who doesnt know 3-4 or doesnt fit it just doesnt make sense. and BB said he wants to use a lot of 2 TE sets..and obviously you wont be passing everytiem you do a 2 TE set so 1 or both will be asked to block..and i dotn think they can take that responsbility because they are more of pass catchers than blockers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back