PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perfect time for Pro Bowl Disrespect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This is awesome news.

This is going to INFURIATE Tom and Rodney and the rest of the gang.

They're going to totally OWN the next few teams they play.

Talk about the perfect time for the perfect motivation.

Superbowl #4, here we come.

I just e-mailed my dillusional "maybe this is the year" Colt's fan friend with the same good news!:rocker:

i dont think any pats players really deserved it ....besides the DL

not to say some havent played well but the pro-bowl is for players who can play at a high level on a consistant basis which tom brady didnt do the best job of this year...before you jump all over me, tom brady is my favorite qb in the nfl but i still think other players had better years this year...warren/wilfork definatly had great years so far and i think samuels could have made it and hes having a good year too...

forgot to put in my point...the pats are a proud bunch and are going to play with an even bigger chip on their shoulder from here on out..

BB must be loving this.

"The whole league thinks you suck. They think you're a pile of stinky crap."

I read this on cbssportsline and thought you guys might enjoy reading it.

"I half agree with you there. First of all, let me say sorry for one of the 2 losses my Patriots laid on your Bears. I can see the anger you feel for the Patriots and Brady in your post. As to the "stop giving the quarterbacks the credit" comment, I can see the subliminal messages your brain is sending out over your worries about that bum Rex Grossman. But I also agree that that statement has much truth to it. Example...Peyton Manning...take away his O-line, stud running backs and stud receivers and you have a glorified Drew Bledsoe, or an aging Rich Gannon or an overrated Kurt Warner.........quarterbacks with great arms and not much more who win or won because of the talent surrounding them. Look at Warner now that he is not with the "Greatest Show on Turf." He is one of the worst QB's in the NFL today. Gannon was a journeyman bum for eons before Gruden surrounded him with talent. What, Gannon becomes a born again QB in his mid-thirties out of the blue? NOT! Bledsoe....enuf said. One day, Peyton Manning will be exposed, lose his weapons and lay on top of this scrap heap. I can't wait for that day.
Don't give QB's like Manning credit for stuff that others deserve. Excellent point. But you must single out Brady in this context and think the opposite. You must say to yourself how does a QB with his leading receiver being a tight end with 643 yards and his 2nd leading receiver being a WR with 613 yards end up being 9th in total yards, 4th in TD's, 8th in QB rating and 7th in least amounts of interceptions? Nevermind wins and losses, how does a QB with that glaring of a weakness at receiver post those stats? I'd LOVE to see the great Peyton Manning post these stats with no weapons to speak of.
Feel free to lookup Brady's record as a come-back QB when he is losing in the 4th quarter since 2000. It's tops in the league by far. Yes, all he does is win, but yes, so does the team as well. It speaks for the team yes, but it also speaks for Brady's cool, ****iness, confidence, decision making, heart, etc., those are traits that can't be taught. You are born with them and Manning possesses none. Too bad those things don't show up on stat sheets.
Don't forget he mentioned "Belichick and Brady" in his comments, not just Brady. Belichick is by far the best coach in the NFL and Brady is feeding off his smarts. And I don't want to hear any arguments about Belichick not being the best coach in the NFL. The man has 5 Super Bowl rings (2 as a the D coordinator with the Giants and 3 as head coach of the Patriots). Belichick's defenses made Parcells look like a genius. Belichicks Defensive game plan against the Bills in Super Bowl XXV is already in the Hall of Fame (way ahead of Belichick hiimself). Parcells has never gone to or won a Super Bowl without Belichick as his D coordinator. Belichick has won 3 without Parcells. At one time Belichick had a better playoff record as a head coach (nevermind D Coordinator) than Vince Lombardi. The only reason he doesn't anymore is because he has played more playoff games than Lombardi. If Belichick does not coach another game again he has already made the hall of fame. Same goes for Brady not playing another game again. Same goes for Manning too even. Yet Manning's picture will be right beside Dan Marino's with an asterik that says "yet never won a Super Bowl." Ha ha. That makes me laugh and sends shivers up my spine. The future looks great for a football lover like myself. I can't wait to see that.
Patriots.....
2001......11-5, won Super Bowl
2002.......9-7, winning record yet didn't make the playoffs on a tie-breaker
2003......14-2, won Super Bowl
2004.......14-2, won Super Bowl
2005.......10-6, went to playoffs, beat Jax then lost to Denver
2006.......10-4, potential to finish 12-4, will definitely make playoffs, trust me
The past 6 years........68-26, made playoffs 5 of 6 years, Won 3 Buper Bowls and maybe one more with 2 games and another playoff round to go.
Yet somehow this team sends hardly any representatives to the Pro-Bowl year after year, the Indianapolis Colts are dubbed the "Power Ranking" kings week after week, year after year, Carolina is favored to win the Super Bowl by Sports illustrated every year, the Miami Dolphins are going to unseat the Patriots for the AFC East crown this year, The Chargers are the best team in football and are primed to win it all, etc., etc., etc...
And don't give the "lack of respect" crying game and that all Patriots fans play the "lack of respect" tune. I don't want to hear that s----. I don't need that bull. I posted facts and these facts are true. They speak for themselves. Don't lack of respect me. I don't give a ---- about respect. All I want is one more Super Bowl ring to add to my collection. Three doesn't seem to be enuf for me. Sorry for feeling greedy."

I'm not mad. I think they got snubbed a little. I couldn't understand the logic of Rivers being picked over Brady though. Very similiar numbers but usually a veteran of Brady's caliber and merits would outweigh a close race with some kid who is basically a rookie in his second year. For some reason it didn't happen that way.

I liked what Warren did this year alot and thought he had an outside shot of making it. Same for Wilfork. Wrong again. Samuel,well interceptions don't mean everything unless you were Dionne Sanders. He's very solid imo but he is also not shutdown either. Truthfully with the new contact rules Dungy and Martz implemented into the NFL there is only 1 shutdown CB in the NFL and that's Champ Bailey. <And with the rules in place he is barely one. Any more touching rules and we may never see one again.

Seymour is an absolute stud and if he wasn't double and triple teamed or in a different system his middle name would be sack. His wingspan alone makes him better than 3/4 of the linemen out there.He deserved it imo.

"There are alot of guys in this room who want to play in a Bowl game this year, it's just not the Pro-Bowl"

-Tom Brady

BTW Did you hear Seymour saying that he talked to Ty Warren, when the reporters asked him if he was consoling Ty, Seymour just said, "He'll be ready to play this week!"

I can hear Rodney now, god I hope he plays this week!

"There are alot of guys in this room who want to play in a Bowl game this year, it's just not the Pro-Bowl"

-Tom Brady

BTW Did you hear Seymour saying that he talked to Ty Warren, when the reporters asked him if he was consoling Ty, Seymour just said, "He'll be ready to play this week!"

I can hear Rodney now, god I hope he plays this week!

FTW, you should use the Brady quote on your messages. I love it already.

1. The only Patriots that deserved to be in the Pro Bowl was Samuel and Warren. Seymour was a gift.

2. Why do you think our players even give a damn about making it to the Pro Bowl?

3. Why in the hell would Rodney have ANY reason to be upset? He's been hurt half of the freakin' season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots