PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Percy Harvin

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Rick Gosselin guarantees, "pencil it in," he'll be the rookie of the year. Hmm.

Rick Gosselin's NFL draft analysis

The Vikings are already planing on using him in the Wildcat offense. Vikings goin' wild(cat) with Harvin

I have no idea if we were coveting him, as some have said, other than it fits the well-established pipeline that seems to lead from Gainesville to Foxborough. Did I say that wrong?

As far as I know the Harvin-to-Patriots talk came solely from Brad Childress, who was convinced he'd outfoxed Belichick by drafting the kid. Personally, I'm not convinced -- the Pats showed no particular interest in Harvin before the draft, didn't draft any WR or RB, and a major character risk in round 1 is hardly their style. So maybe Childress heard something the public didn't...or maybe he got snookered.

Childress and his comments had to have been the dumbest thing to come out of the post draft.

As someone else said on here at the time - what's the best way to sell a draft pick to a fan base? Tell them the Pats were going to draft him had you not.

Childress is playing the game.

This guy is Troy Williamson Part II until proven otherwise.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back