Welcome to PatsFans.com

Per Reiss Gutierrez to the 53

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Pats726, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  2. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Interesting to see who is #2 and who is the #3.

3. WhiZa

WhiZa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That's what I was thinking. I'll predict Gutz is the #2

4. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

If I had to guess that is what I would guess Gutz knows the playbook better.

5. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Looks like we will see all 3 of our young QB's at some point this season.

6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Wonder which one of them played Favre on the scout team... Hope it earns him a game ball.

7. Mack Herron

Mack Herron In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +851 / 17 / -3

#24 Jersey

MG knows the plays better and should be #2, but KO is the better athelete. If he is #2, he could be used for specialty plays (e.g., option in the red zone).

8. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,911 / 191 / -145

Disable Jersey

If the Patriots need to use either one of them, this could become the worst loss in Patriots' history.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  9. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

Worst in history, spoiled are we.

10. Mack Herron

Mack Herron In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +851 / 17 / -3

#24 Jersey

Bit of an exageration. I don;t expect anone else to play for at least a month no matter what Cassel does. I am just speculating about a possible reason KO could be #2....

11. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,911 / 191 / -145

Disable Jersey

No. A team coming off of an 18-1 season, including 16-0, falling down to its 3rd string quarterback in a loss to the rival R-A-T-S would be a terrible loss. How terrible would obviously depend on the final score and other variables, but it would certainly have the potential to become the team's worst ever.

12. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

I personally feel that Gut is the guy, He just seems to have "it", not to mention he is born of fire(michigan). Let's say Casel throws up a real stinker, which by the way considering he has'nt started a game ina decade or so is'nt out of the realm of possibility, What is the patience barometer for this fanbase...... I would bet there would be allot of people pushing the panic button, fairly or unfairly.

13. SammyBlueCat

SammyBlueCat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I really hope not because if that is true, our OL really stinks.

14. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +122 / 41 / -25

#12 Jersey

You have to go Gutz #2......more time in the system......more experience overall.....Believe me, as good as he looked against the 2nd/3rd stringers this preseason....If Okee is coming in......we are in trouble......He will be GREAT in my opinion....down the road a ways.....but right now....he needs to learn.......

GO PATS

15. stcjones

Ratings:
    +122 / 41 / -25

#12 Jersey

ding ding ding.....we have a WINNER......This is the scenario I predict......This could very well be QB by committee if Cassel struggles during the next bunch of games.....which unfortuneatly I tend to see........hope I am COMPLETELY wrong....Go Pats!!! and GO MATT CASSEL!

16. stcjones

Ratings:
    +122 / 41 / -25

#12 Jersey

Mo.....did gutz break up with your sister or something? You seem to have a bad case of "red a##" in regards to this guy!!! :eek:

Lets face it...doesn't matter WHO comes in at QB MO....as long as they and the team are successful....I'm pulling for Matt Cassel to be a success....if he can't get it done....you better get ready to support Matt Gutierrez......them's the facts......GO PATS!!!

17. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Or a loser...ding ding ding... whose really hoping to be proven right rather than seeing this team and QB succeed...

If we see the other two take anything but a knee we're cooked. Gutierrez barely made it back to the PS, and not because he was in demand. O'Connell is a raw rookie from a system where he performed out of the shotgun... He's yet to take a snap under center against NFL starters...:rolleyes:

With fans like you this team doesn't need enemies.

18. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Unfairly, but so what? If you expected the pats to go 16-0 wven with Brady, you are in la-la land.

The pats were a 12-4, 13-3 team with Brady. With Cassel, who knows, but there will be losses. Is that so hard to accept? He'll play like a rook for a few games, get better as teh season goes on. Stay the course, man.

And why is starting a game so important? Isn't playing a game the important thing. Did you not see the game last week? He played over 3 1/2 quarters. He took the ball from the Pats 2 and moved it. PM me and I'll send you a DVD of the game. Cassel looked great, and unlike Brady when Brady came into a game unexpectedly, Cassel won.

19. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Spacecrime, I agree with you. I think the trouble for a lot of people is they feel no one is better than Brady. That was always true before now. He offcially an unknown quantity. I believe he'll be back to form next year, but history says the odds could just as easily send him on the decline, mentally. A year of rehab COULD make him timid.

People don't want to believe that. They hate the Bledsoe comparisons because Bledsoe never came back. Drew wasn't as a big a loss, at least looking back, as Brady would be, but I genuinely think some folks have a fear Cassel will be great a Brady will not return to form.

Too much to worry about right now. Our boy Tom is supporting Matt and the team, we need to do the same.

I also think it's ridiculous how people have written off the KC game. So many variables to factor in that make it a harder game that it would ever be if it was game #8.

Matt Cassel is a good quarterback. His back-up's are so far system guys, not vets. In less than 24 hours we'll have an inkling of where this season is headed and it won't be as cut and dried as a "W" or "L".

I'd be ok with a loss as long as Vrabes or AD knock Favre silly. Well... sillier.

20. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +389 / 6 / -20

#12 Jersey

Well said!

But if we win, Cassel gets a game ball for sure. Not sure they'll give it to another young QB too, diluting the impact. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.