PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Reiss, Floyd Reese not expected to return in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floyd Reece has negotiated some pretty good contracts while he was here. That aspect will be lost, but Nick Caserio is the player personnel star of this current front office. I am afraid that he will be a prime candidate for a GM position over the next few years.

(AP) Rumours swirl that BB ever vigilant for even the slightest edge had delayed the announcement of this sad news until today in hopes of best motivating the Patriots to go out there and 'win one for the "Floydster"'. Many speculate that the pecululiar timing of the announcement is an obvious (and some say callous) attempt to counteract the emotional edge the Birds are feeling over the well documented immenent retirement of LB Ray Lewis, team captian. BB offered no comment. :D

I hope Floyd walks out of the tunnel before the game and dances like a chicken hopped up on crack too.

I fully expect the Pats to win this one for Floyd, but not Floyd Reece. I think they will win this one for Floyd the Barber. And tell me one person in this country who doesn't give a crap about Floyd the Barber.

floyd-the-barber3.jpg

What is interesting is that there is a Floyd the Barber on the Sons of Anarchy.

Not quite the wholesome show Andy Griffith is - but close :p

Not sure why you all are using the "curious timing" words with this.

Meant curious timing on the news breaking, not on him leaving per se.

Meant curious timing on the news breaking, not on him leaving per se.

ok, but as I said, season ends in either 4 hours (now) or 2 weeks. If he is leaving - it becoming public knowledge 2 weeks ahead is not much of a surprise. ( So the guy probably has movers on tap etc etc. that make it obvious he is leaving NE.)

And departure of a faceless exec is not exactly a MAJOR DISTRACTION to active players. so timing wise (before a big game) to me is a 'big whoop' as well.

Also as far as I read it; there was NO OFFICIAL announcement. this was Reiss doing some 2+2 = 4 and speculating, possibly verifying by calling a question in to a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes