PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: Redskins release DE Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about something toward $2-3 million for 2 years? I would think that's worth 25 snaps per game.

Does this make Jarvis Green expendable? How about Mike Wright?

Perhaps a little more 4-3 with Taylor/ AD the variables with 4-3/3-4 looks.

The Redskins never fail to entertain me. It's really a gift.

Yes, They are friends.

Don't feed the trolls.

jasontaylor.jpg

I bet he's on a plane right now. He would be great at about 40-50% what he was making. I wouldn't go a hell of a lot higher, or longer the 1yr, but yeah, I'd be into that signing.

Lets not forget, the move from old to young does have occasional exceptions, and Taylor is one of those guys that could be an exception. We don't need old-ass backs either, but we brought in the other Taylor too, simply because he's got more versatility at 33 then any of our other backs (possibly excepting Faulk). That move was roundly applauded.

It would not surprise my one bit if Taylor called Brady last week and said "I'm most likely out at WA and I want to be in NE. lets get it done", suddenly making Vrabel rooster spot more expendable then all of us thought. Taylor can play a off the line and it gives us more flexibility up front.

Bank it. My guess is that the official Patriots announcement is made Wednesday at 12. :D

...... and yes, Taylor at 34 is better then Vrabel at 34, and not by a little. No disrespect to Mike.

Last edited:
Has Taylor ever even played OLB?

Yes. Miami ran a hybrid defense for a while that relied on Taylor's ability to play in a 3-point and standing up as an elephant/jack linebacker.

hmm, our vrabel replacement?

he was being being talked about up here when he signed with Washington...including HIM suggesting he'd like to play here...low base salary with incentives...why not?

This would be very cool.

...at the right price, of course.

I just got home from work and saw the "breaking news" crawler on the NFL Network and instantly thought "NE's gonna get him"....hopefully....

i wouldve kept vrabel for his versatility and knowledge and what he meant to the team if itmeans replacing him with taylor

also if taylor wants seperate clauses on off season workouts etc, BB wouldnt want to effect that with the team concept and offering special concession even before he has played a down for the team . these are some what potential issues to him coming here
That was my thought, too. BB always gives vets time off in camp, but wants them here for the off-season program.

I'd like to see taylor here playing OLB, but I'm not sure BB wants a guy who refused his old team's request for him to prarticipate in workouts.

Nothing wrong with putting family before work, as long as you realize that it does limit your options with employers.

Taylor has one more year probably to work. He might have done well to suck it up and fly home weekends this spring rather than turn down $8.5 million that no one else is going to pay him.

They will be fine, they have D Hall and Hayensworth as vetran leadership. :singing:

Along those lines, I heard they offered Haynesworth MORE than he expected. I mean, if that's true, it's just so typical.

Did someone say Brady likes this guy?

JT.jpg

So what Google search terms did you type in to return this pin up poster shot of JT? Seems to me you've got some issues you need to work out. Good luck with all of that.

Along those lines, I heard they offered Haynesworth MORE than he expected. I mean, if that's true, it's just so typical.

Yea, they had too - It's not like they can say, "Hey, come to Washington -we are a contender and we have a great core of vetran guys that want to win a championship - and a QB that can lead us there!"

So, it probably went like this, "We suck, how about $100 Million?"

That was my thought, too. BB always gives vets time off in camp, but wants them here for the off-season program.

I'd like to see taylor here playing OLB, but I'm not sure BB wants a guy who refused his old team's request for him to prarticipate in workouts.

Nothing wrong with putting family before work, as long as you realize that it does limit your options with employers.

Taylor has one more year probably to work. He might have done well to suck it up and fly home weekends this spring rather than turn down $8.5 million that no one else is going to pay him.

Until he say's........ "You know Bill, my body of work speaks for itself on what I'm willing to put in. I HAD to say that because I have only limited time left and I want TO GO OUT ON TOP. You and I know that wasn't happening".

That's his way of saying "I don't want to play here anymore, not even for 8.5M". Everyone in the football world will read those comments that way.

He comes here, does his early season stuff, get's the play book. Suddenly pulls up lame a practice early in TC and we all bash our heads on the wall and start "on the bubble" threads. Meanwhile BB winks at him and says, see you in early September ;)

Last edited:
As long as Jason Taylor is willing to take a 1 year vet-minimum contract to get a ring, there's no reason you can't have both Peppers and Taylor! :eek: My God.....:singing:

but that got me to thinking.. Peppers is very much like Taylor and he excelled in a 3-4..

Peppers = Weight: 283
Taylor = Weight: 244

I think a better comparison is Taylor to Rosevelt Colvin, though even Colvin played at 250#

Taylor is just a very lightweight guy, expecially given his height.

So what Google search terms did you type in to return this pin up poster shot of JT? Seems to me you've got some issues you need to work out. Good luck with all of that.

===================================================

I used the Photobucket search.

jasontaylor-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey