PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: Redskins release DE Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick always gives veterans time off in camp. If that's what it takes to get Jason Taylor here, he'll do it. I'd have to imagine his phone's ringing off the hook, but I'd also have to imagine the Patriots will be bidding hard for his services.

well he does for sure , no doubt. but it reallyisnt officially announced or agreed upon through the paperwork or the media, the kind which brett favre did. BB lets brady skip the workouts and other players too who have proven their value to the team.
iam not saying its a huge issue but something that can be sorted out.

Now are we talking about turning Taylor into an OLB here?

I think so. I can't vouch for his play last season, but as of two seasons ago, we now he has the athleticism for it.

Now are we talking about turning Taylor into an OLB here?

I think we'd HAVE to. Isn't he too small to be a 3-4 DE?

money is a factor also. we cut vrabel who is going to be 34 for money maybe and bring in taylor who is the same age and maybe spend more money and who needs to learn the system somewhat again.

Hopefully the "come here for less, even for one year, and be an invaluable contributor to what could be one of the best teams in history" pitch resonates with him. Instant upgrade over Vrabel, and gives us more time to groom Crable.

exactly how much money do any of you think Taylor will command after being dropped by the Skins?...more than 2 mil a season? 3 mil?...low base with incentives NOT a possibility?

Last edited:
money is a factor also. we cut vrabel who is going to be 34 for money maybe and bring in taylor who is the same age and maybe spend more money and who needs to learn the system somewhat again.

How much less than 8.5 million dollars is he willing to accept?

Yeah, this is a bit weird, that way. Is Taylor, at this point, better than Vrabes for the same money?

Hm. I still think we need to find a younger guy, even if Taylor came as a pass rusher. And in that case, Peppers would be a no go, cuz it's hard to picture him in space (based on limited game tape I've seen).

My $ says Parcells will bring him back.

He was out most of last season with an injury!!I rather grab Peppers who is younger!!

but if bb is hell bent on infusing youth in our team then he may actually shy away from taylor esp if he costs this high (8.5 mill $)

Love to have him! We can't afford the $8.5m. Besides we wasted $4m of it yesterday.
DW Toys

Taylor himself said he wasn't worth the money last year. He knows he isn't going to get big money again.

I'm surprised how much love Jason Taylor is getting. The Redskins way overpaid for him last year and way overpaid him to boot. I just don't think he has enough left in the tank to contribute that much, and we need to get younger and faster at LB.

If I were Mike Vrabel, I'd be really pissed if the Pats traded me to dump $4.3M of salary in a youth movement and then went out and signed 34 year old Jason Taylor for probably more.

So he wants to spend more time with his family, I aint buying that, he is just not commited to football as much as he is commited to his own branding.

jason-taylordancingwithstars.jpg

How much less than 8.5 million dollars is he willing to accept?

It would have to be a whole lot less. If it's not, Pats won't waste their time even talking to him.

He was out most of last season with an injury!!I rather grab Peppers who is younger!!

something about peppers i thought just now. he wants to play in a 3-4 since he says he has 'maxed' out in the 4-3. this is so much against BB's philosphy of 'just do your job' . What if BB decides to awitch to 4-3 for majority of the seasons ? iam not sure he would prefer players trying to dictate what and where they want to play. maybe peppers agent used this as a marketing ploy to involve specific teams.

It would have to be a whole lot less. If it's not, Pats won't waste their time even talking to him.

Vet min, tops. He's too freaking old otherwise and we could use every spare million on a difference maker.

This is either Jason Taylor being offended that Redskins would want to pay him less than what he considers market value, or Jason Taylor shooting his way out of town so he can sign with a contender.

This is either Jason Taylor being offended that Redskins would want to pay him less than what he considers market value, or Jason Taylor shooting his way out of town so he can sign with a contender.

Or Washington trimming the fat off its payroll to accommodate the Haynesworth signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back