PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per 98.5: Pats won't renew Brandon Lloyd's deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh they better be spending then. Do not want 06 all over again.

they got closer to the SB in 06 than they did this year......but yeah...they should buy a few toys

dump lloy, fell, ghostkowski.......add another 8M to the space....redo mankins and add some more

go sign welker, talib, kruger, melton, reed, and wallace...I'm assuming talib,kruger,melton,wallace contract can be somewhat cap friendly the nex 2 years or so....

draft:
- trade the 1st rounder for an early 2nd and an early 4th,
2a - S matt elam
2b - OT kyle long
3 - WR d'arick rogers
4 - ILB nico johnson
7a - SS - ray ray armstrong.....miami guy for reed to mentor
7b - OG earl watford

just start engraving the next 2 lombardi trophies now

Who is this mythical receiver that will do all these things?
Lloyd averaged 0.5 YAC in the playoffs. For starters......Find me a WR that can fall forward and we are up to 1 YAC.
FYI....Lloyd hates sunny days because he keeps tripping over his shadow......ba da bump

Not surprising.

I'd rather have Edelman and a playmaker on defense, honestly.

Good he ******* sucked. Ocho 2.0 who couldn't stay on his damn feet.

If this is true, I'm giddy with delight. I've been pounding the table that Lloyd's skillset set is best suited as a 3rd down #3WR. A three down WR must be able to make plays with the ball in his possession...not fall down. A possession wide out with no deep ball threat that is incapable of creating YAC does not deserve a starting role on a team with championship aspirations.
Look at how Baltimore played NE. Bringing a safety in closer to the LOS, they were able to blow up the Pats short passing game (53% completion rate). Having a Lloyd type brings no extra attention.

"Giddy with delight" doesn't strike me as quite the right emotion for the thought of the Pats having to replace a 900-yard receiver.

they got closer to the SB in 06 than they did this year......but yeah...they should buy a few toys

dump lloy, fell, ghostkowski.......add another 8M to the space....redo mankins and add some more

go sign welker, talib, kruger, melton, reed, and wallace...I'm assuming talib,kruger,melton,wallace contract can be somewhat cap friendly the nex 2 years or so....

draft:
- trade the 1st rounder for an early 2nd and an early 4th,
2a - S matt elam
2b - OT kyle long
3 - WR d'arick rogers
4 - ILB nico johnson
7a - SS - ray ray armstrong.....miami guy for reed to mentor
7b - OG earl watford

just start engraving the next 2 lombardi trophies now
Defense was elite that year. Still should have won the super bowl if refs don't hand that game to Indy on a silver plater. Still have nightmares about reche caldwell being mugged in the endzone.

Lloyd averaged 0.5 YAC in the playoffs. For starters......Find me a WR that can fall forward and we are up to 1 YAC.
FYI....Lloyd hates sunny days because he keeps tripping over his shadow......ba da bump
Not true. He had 16 YAC total on 12 receptions for an average of 1.33 YAC. Not good numbers but not .5 either. Clearly a possession receiver.

The only problem is the Patriots may have a HOF quarterback and
zero wide receivers. Don't kid yourself about them signing Wallace
or trading for Harvin. They don't want to pony up the money for the
best slot receiver in football. What makes you think they will pay 14 mil
for one of the other guys? I expect BB to bring in a boatload of washed
up guys like Stallworth, Gaffney, Owens, and Burress for veteran's
minimum. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell, BB can draft an
adequate wide receiver but don't worry he won't draft one in the
first three rounds.

Wait. Do you think BB just started this football thing last night?

No coach in the history of the game I'd rather have than BB but, let's not act like he doesn't make mistakes.

I'm confused, there's nothing to renew, do you mean they won't extend his contract? He's under contract for the upcoming season, he's not a free agent. Are they saying they are going to release him before his bonus is due?

Without stating who said precisely what and in what context on 98.5 why is this even a thread?

Not true. He had 16 YAC total on 12 receptions for an average of 1.33 YAC. Not good numbers but not .5 either. Clearly a possession receiver.

Looks like ESPN readjusted the YAC totals.....Lloyd went from 6 to 18 yds in the post season. Good catch. He does fall forward effectively....my mistake

If 900 on a season yards is "sucking", then I will gladly take a few more sucky receivers.

Exactly. Seems some people are amazingly glib about getting rid of Lloyd and his 900+ yards. Would you rather that figure be 1200 from more yac? Sure. But before we say cut the bum and roll the dice on a rookie, realize that those receiving yards ain't too bad.

I'm confused, there's nothing to renew, do you mean they won't extend his contract? He's under contract for the upcoming season, he's not a free agent. Are they saying they are going to release him before his bonus is due?

$3 million bonus due soon (probably within a few days of the start of the new NFL year, March 12. If the Pats release Lloyd before that is due then they carry over $2 million in dead money on to this year's cap; if they don't release him then they pay that money, and Lloyd counts $4.5 million against the cap this year.

Exactly. Seems some people are amazingly glib about getting rid of Lloyd and his 900+ yards. Would you rather that figure be 1200 from more yac? Sure. But before we say cut the bum and roll the dice on a rookie, realize that those receiving yards ain't too bad.

Lloyd is many of the negative things mentioned above; however, he is
currently the best wide receiver on the roster. Belichick is about to put the Patriots in the same pickle they were in 2006 when they lost their two starting receivers. BB hasn't drafted a good wide receiver since 2002 and
hasn't traded for or signed a good free agent since Moss and Welker.

Especially since he's not a #1 receiver in this offense.

They must be targeting a WR that they expect to be available in FA

Yes, a play maker who will be a threat down field and in the red zone.

Lloyd had 4 TDs with Gronk out for a number of games, Edelman out for a number of games and Geritol Deon Branch on the opposite side. He had a golden opportunity and didnt get the job done.

Asta Lavista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back