PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peppers trade rumor on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the Faulk happened to this thread?

This name game is pretty Gay. What!? Former players count.

This name game is pretty Gay. What!? Former players count.

Hey gays52, what former players are you referring too?

Last edited:
It's time to grab my Johnson and call it a thread.

Re: Cassel Trade Information on Radio Down Here

Thanks for the Carolina info, but I thought the Panthers were going to franchise Gross....?
Trying desperately to long-term Gross this evening.
DW Toys

i have always liked peppers but he would have to take a pay cut (i would think??) to play here.
if he wants a SB right then maybe he does it for a year or two.

Cassel is at almost $15m and Peppers would cost us about $10m. Expensive, yes. Saving CAP, yes.
DW Toys

If anyone thinks that he isn't serious about getting out of Carolina to go to a 3-4 team you are mistaken. He's already turned down a deal from Carolina that would've trumped Jared Allen's monster deal.

I'm not one to get overexcited about these kind of rumors. HOWEVER, I would say that there is a certain amount of logic to this one, if you make 2 very big assumptions: (1) Peppers really wants to play for a 3-4 team and is willing to negotiate a reasonable contract, and (2) Carolina has truly given up on Jake Delhomme after the debacle against Arizona. IF those 2 assumptions hold, then trading Cassel for Peppers works for both teams. The Pats free up $14.6M from their cap and can sign Peppers to a long-term deal with a lesser cap hit, addressing the pass rush which is one of their biggest needs. And Carolina saves face by getting rid of Peppers and his $17M cap hit which totally ties their hands, cutting Delhomme and freeing up his salary, and signing Cassel to a more cap-friendly long term deal. Cassel in Carolina, with Gross at OT and Steve Smith at WR, would be a nice place for him to end up.
The Pats would be fairly set at their front 7 for next year. They could either keep AD outside to pair with Peppers (which would be amazing) or move him inside to SILB and use Vrabel/Woods/Crable/etc. And Carolina could focus on keeping the rest of their team intact without the huge cap hit from Peppers, and on finding a decent DE in the draft or FA.

I doubt it will happen, but it's not entirely ludicrous.

I have mentioned this before and this would be intelligent. Swap Cassel to K.C. in an exchange of picks plus their second rounder #34. Swap the Chiefs #3 for Peppers. Carolina gets one more year out of Jake and signs Stafford to sit for a year and watch. Carolina has a good team. They won't get a shot at a top QB pick unless something like this happens. Now we get Peppers and the#34 pick which is like a late round first round pick as they say there are 37 first round grade picks this year.
We might have to throw in a low picks to sweeten the pot.
Thoughts?
DW Toys

I have mentioned this before and this would be intelligent. Swap Cassel to K.C. in an exchange of picks plus their second rounder #34. Swap the Chiefs #3 for Peppers. Carolina gets one more year out of Jake and signs Stafford to sit for a year and watch. Carolina has a good team. They won't get a shot at a top QB pick unless something like this happens. Now we get Peppers and the#34 pick which is like a late round first round pick as they say there are 37 first round grade picks this year.
Thoughts?
DW Toys

Sounds good to me, and you swept in and saved the thread!

I'm not sure this post would really Warren a response. ;)

We can't have a picnic unless we have Merri Weather. It's probably best that it would be Light out. Wil forks do or do we need spoons too? Didn't we have a TE who's name was Beer?
DW Toys

If anyone thinks that he isn't serious about getting out of Carolina to go to a 3-4 team you are mistaken. He's already turned down a deal from Carolina that would've trumped Jared Allen's monster deal.

Whats the issue with him and the Panthers anyway? I don't get it. The fans don't get it either and hate him.

And I even heard the Cowboys mentioned as a potential spot.:rolleyes:

Whats the issue with him and the Panthers anyway? I don't get it. The fans don't get it either and hate him.

And I even heard the Cowboys mentioned as a potential spot.:rolleyes:

He wants to play in a 3-4 defense.

He wants to play in a 3-4 defense.

I honestly dont know why he does either.

If he hits FA without being tagged who can afford the monster deal he wants? Denver and KC I heard are interested and are moving to 3-4s. They have money. Denver is cutting players by the hour.

Last edited:
Thoughts?
DW Toys
The only problem I see is that you are assuming Stafford will be available at #3.

I like Peppers as a player, but he is far too expensive to be gambling that he would be a great OLB in the 3-4. Belichick knows better than I and if he is willing to take the gamble, I will reserve judgment. But on the face of it, it seems crazy to trade for Peppers and make him one of the highest paid players in football to play a position he has never played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back