Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Keep the number #3 hoping for Curry

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • Expect to trade down with the #3 for more picks

Votes: 43 38.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BB signing a stuck up player like Peppers is 1 in a mil. Foget abowwww ittttttttttt

Last edited:
OMFG , Peppers + Thomas =16 millions in CAP .

We should remember that we aren't the redskins .

I'd trade down for more picks and defer at least one of them to next year. Peppers costs money. We can find someone cheaper and with a big upside in the draft.

Peppers is gonna cost alot and would be a conversion project. I don't see alot of the college game so no idea how good Curry is and if he's good enough to be a Patriot. Takes alot more than talent to play here.

So, to answer your question....I have no idea.

With the #3 pick, I'd hope Curry was still around. If he wasn't, I'd take Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith and be happy about the fact that, even if Brady has lost a bit of mobility, his blindside is covered. I definitely would not trade the pick for Peppers.

Last edited:
I can't say enough about Curry. His interviews, workouts and film just astound me. I gotta admit, this guy has got me hooked lined and sinkered. Imo, honest opinion,he will be one of best defensive players to come out in in the last 5-10 yrs.

I'd like us to take a chance on greatness and go from the oldest LB corps to one of the elite young ones within a span of 2 years. It would be pretty incredible imo.

Obviously, Belichick won't trade for Peppers unless a reasonable contract can be worked out. You all do understand that Curry would cost at least $10M a year with more than $25M guaranteed? So, the issue with regard to Seymour and Wilfork wanting more would still be there.

If we don't want to upset Seymour and Wilfork, then we would need to trade down to the best "value" part of the draft #6-12.

I can't see a Peppers trade for one big reason.

Belichick knows that a middle of the first round #1 draft pick is worth a lot to a football team. That's 5 years of medium level money for a potential star. You need those 1st round picks to pan out because they give you a lot of production for a smaller contract.

If Peppers were a FA, then I could see this more. But he's not.

I'll take a proven stud over a draft pick

I dont think Peppers is coming here

I'll take a proven stud over a draft pick

That's a sure way to kill any chances of making the Super Bowl. That's Redskins thinking.

Trading Draft picks + Huge Cash for a proven stud is how you gut your team. The big cash you shell out has to go to either FAs or else your own players with expiring contracts. You simply must take advantage of having cheap players that you pick up through the draft to support the efforts of the guys making the big bucks. The Patriots trade lower round picks away for player slike Corey Dillon and Moss, not 1st rounders.

This is exactly the reason why Matt Cassel wasn't traded today. If he were a FA, a team would have already given him his $10 million a year and moved on. If Cassel came out and said, I'll play for $5 million a year, then teams would be lining up to give the Patriots a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Very few teams want to give up high picks and $10 million a year.

And that's precisely why Peppers is not a fit in New England. Belichick is smarter than that.

Man if the Rams took Curry and we had the 3rd pick...HAHAH that would be something.

Man if the Rams took Curry and we had the 3rd pick...HAHAH that would be something.

Don't think so. Some people cried when the Jets took Vernon Gholston and we had the 7th pick, but it worked out OK.

Between Jason Smith and BJ Raji, we would be in great shape. They might have more value than Curry anyway.

Don't think so. Some people cried when the Jets took Vernon Gholston and we had the 7th pick, but it worked out OK.

Between Jason Smith and BJ Raji, we would be in great shape. They might have more value than Curry anyway.

Man, I would love for the Pats to get Jason Smith. I might prefer that to Curry, honestly.

KC gets Cassel. For the 3rd and 33. Maybe we send some other picks. or swap seconds.
You can only fit so many rooks on the roster.
the value of having your QB situation fixed fast for a new GM is too appealing for Pioli to give up.

They keep the 3rd until draft Day.

I think Carolina takes our lower first rount pick for Peppers.

You could see Peppers and Curry in this lineup.

But more likely the 3 gets used on a OT or Raji. Fits the payscale.

I was on the Carolina board and they hope we trade picks to them for him.
They have no first rounder this year and when Peppers said he didn't want to play here anymore most fans want him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes