PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pepper Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
ESPN's insiders. Whispers Around NFL has something on 1 of our good coaches

• A hot name in the Giants' search for a new defensive coordinator is New England DL coach Pepper Johnson, who played on both of the Giants' Super Bowl-winning teams.

i hope not. i wanted Pepper as our D cord last year but we did well with Peas. just hope PJ stays

ESPN's insiders. Whispers Around NFL has something on 1 of our good coaches

i hope not. i wanted Pepper as our D cord last year but we did well with Peas. just hope PJ stays

I agree. Pepper is an unheralded, important coach for us. He is the one responsible for successfully coaching players to strip the ball, tip the ball, intercept passes, and generate turnovers.

Pepper has worked his way up the chain, variety of duties, maybe he will get an opportunity... as much as I like him, he has done a good job here and will do a good job somewhere else.

well i really hope he doesnt leave
but if he does

ANTHONY PLEASANT!!!!!!

everyone always used to say this guy was like a coach on the field
why not bring a guy in to coach the d-line, that played the d-line for bb here and in cleveland
makes too much sense almost

The question anyone must ask is why would Pepper Johnson want to involve Himself with the Giant Situation with Tom Coughlin on such thin ice?To Me,just playing for the Giants isn't enough of an answer in this case.

I've been wondering why there hasn't been more buzz about Pepper, the players always have good things to say about him. Hate to lose him, but it would be good if he got a coordinator opportunity somewhere.

Good point on Coughlan's thin ice, perhaps BB & BK will make a counter offer the way they did Pioli and Dimitroff. He or Pees are bound to be grabbed sooner or later.

Pepper gets credit from Ty Warren for turning his career upwards. Warren says how Pepper tore apart his game ... enhanced what he coould do well and got him to stay away from stuff that wasn't his game....sounds like a futer HC to me.

Why would he stay? He has done a great job and then when he was the clear frontrunner after Mangini left, they went out of the organization to hire a new DC ahead of him. I would look at my options as well.

The Giants hired the Eagles LB coach as their defensive coordinator the other day.

Why would he stay? He has done a great job and then when he was the clear frontrunner after Mangini left, they went out of the organization to hire a new DC ahead of him. I would look at my options as well.

peas was inside the org

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey