PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pepper Johnson gone from coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Staff Changes

Pepper really gets the respect of the players and being a BB player and on his staff for years one would think his X's and O's are excellent as well. I think he will make a good HC someday and he probably felt that leaving and stepping out from the shadows of BB would help him get their faster and how much more can he learn from BB.

I have been thinking for a while now that Jim Schwartz will be added to the staff. I think Schiano will go back to college or I might consider him.

Jeff Howe is reporting that Pepper may have been frustrated with him inability to move up the coaching ladder in New England. He was passed over for the DC job by Patricia.

I have been thinking for a while now that Jim Schwartz will be added to the staff. I think Schiano will go back to college or I might consider him.

Jeff Howe is reporting that Pepper may have been frustrated with him inability to move up the coaching ladder in New England. He was passed over for the DC job by Patricia.

He was here longer than Patricia correct? He should be frustrated. I don't like Patricia. I think that they could do better, IMHO.

I think a change of scenery will be good for Pepper. I hope he lands a DC coordinator job. Thanks for all your hard work Pepper.

Re: Staff Changes

Thank you Pepper for your service. Much appreciated.

Personally, I think it's time to make some changes in the defensive scheme.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up, if we don't promote from within I'd like to see us go after Schwartz, make him DL coach/Assistant HC or something.

Why do people keep forgetting that we had one of the best defenses in their league until 4 key starters went down (Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, and Talib for like half the season as well as Dennard hurt most of the year)?

Its always been reported that Johnson wanted the DC job and he was pissed he never got the job and probably the only reason he stayed with the Pats as a position coach was because of his friendship with BB.

I think he realizes he is never going to get his shot at the DC position at NE so he needs to move on to further his career.

I wish him the best.

This AFTER Vrabel already signed with Houston. Damn

Time to bring in Bruschi!!

Though I wonder a little how much of Bruschi was just heart, grit and instinct and how much was smarts.

Though I wonder a little how much of Bruschi was just heart, grit and instinct and how much was smarts.

He comes off a little dull on ESPN

He probably makes more at ESPN, works shorter hours and is home for supper every night...

Why would he give that up???

He probably makes more at ESPN, works shorter hours and is home for supper every night...

Why would he give that up???

Plus he gets to bust tony's balls every week.

Pepper seemed like a good guy, and not to be a Nancy Negative, but I'd be hard-pressed to remember anything he did or said coaching-wise that seemed terribly impressive or insightful, even in sideline banter... i.e. Weis, Crennel, Pees, Mangini, Scar, McDaniels, O'Brien or almost anyone else I can think of. Of course, they all wound up being DC or OC at one point, so they'd have more visibility.

Regardless, good luck, Pepper!

Move up or move out.....too many years at the same level.... He will reappear somewhere else

Given the play of the new LBs over the past two seasons, this is not surprising.

Will we find out if BB let him go or if he just wanted to leave?

If BB let him go that would make me feel better. Maybe he was disgusted with how the defense played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back