PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

People who don't want Moss for big $ and want to spend on defense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Maybe you should have read my post better, and especially the part where I stated: "I differ from your opinion in that I don't blame the front office as much with Monty and Chad because there really was no way they could have foreseen that both of the starting ILB would be forced into retirement."
:bricks:

You went in two directions there. Blaming the organization for not having a back up plan and then saying there was no way they could have foreseen losing their two ILBs.

Which is it?

Last edited:
Enlighten me.

Describe to me how exactly you’d spend the money that would be saved and - to what specific defensive players you’d give it to.

That would easily be answered if we knew what Belichick's design is for 2008 forward. This is something I have a problem with after every season ends. Those here that complain about who gets signed and who doesn't. But nobody here has any clue what direction Belichick wishes to take the team.

We can guess what he may be doing based on past history but in reality we haven't a clue. So ... all that being said if Belichick felt we really needed Moss then he would be signed right now ... just as AD was last year. Whatever his plan is ... we'll find out soon.

IMO anything over $7 million is too much but I'll say $8 million for the heck of it. Also ... IMO Belichick has a 3 year plan in the works ... not a 1 year, and perhaps a 2 year but my guess is he has a 3 year plan.

If we go all the way so be it ... if not .. he's not going to bankrupt the team to go to the SB every year ... sometimes reloading is a necessary evil. If reloading is what he is doing then $$$ on Moss is a waste of time.

You went in two directions there. Blaming the organization for not having a back up plan and then saying there was no way they could have foreseen losing their two ILBs.

Which is it?

No, I'm pretty sure what I said was that I hold the front office less accountable for the ILB fiasco than the WR fiasco given that there was no way they could have foreseen the loss of two starting ILBs retiring due to a stroke and a history of concussions.

No, I'm pretty sure what I said was that I hold the front office less accountable for the ILB fiasco than the WR fiasco given that there was no way they could have foreseen the loss of two starting ILBs retiring due to a stroke and a history of concussions.

I'm over it. Bottom line: Through hind sight, blind luck, divine intervention,whatever...Branch and Givens have been busts. BB guessed right.

... sometimes reloading is a necessary evil. If reloading is what he is doing then $$$ on Moss is a waste of time.

That's certainly an interesting riff on the Moss standoff.

That said, i think that Belioli
can reload ... aim and fire at the same time.

Bottom line: Through hind sight, blind luck, divine intervention,whatever...Branch and Givens have been busts. BB guessed right.

That seems to be where you and I differ and I'd appreciate it next time if you didn't resort to putting words in my mouth.

Yes, Branch and Givens turned out to be busts when they left, but neither you nor I know what they would have done had they remained. This, however, is besides the point. My point is that they opened the season with serious holes at a critical skill position, and as you stated, made "desperate" moves to fill these holes. The players picked up turned out to be the wrong moves because two of the three are no longer with the team with one having been cut in midseason. Yes, the best front office in football does and will make mistakes and I personally think letting a player of Moss' caliber walk would be a serious mistake.

Lastly, while I'm always more partial to defenses, it's not defense alone that wins championships or else teams like the Steelers and the Ravens would have more rings in this decade.

Last edited:
That seems to be where you and I differ and I'd appreciate it next time if you didn't resort to putting words in my mouth.

Yes, Brach and Givens turned out to be busts when they left, but neither you nor I know what they would have done had they remained. This, however, is besides the point. My point is that they opened the season with serious holes at a critical skill position, and as you stated, made "desperate" moves to fill these holes. The players fill picked up, turned out to be the wrong moves because two of the three are no longer with the team with one having been cut in midseason. Yes, the best front office is football does and will make mistakes and I personally think letting a player of Moss' caliber walk would be a serious mistake.

Lastly, while I'm always more partial to defenses, it's not defense alone that wins championships or else teams like the Steelers and the Ravens would have more rings in this decade.

1. I never put words in your mouth.

2. I agree, it could be a serious mistake letting Moss walk.

3. Branch could have played out his contract. He chose to force an 11th hour trade. You can put that on the organization till your blue in the face, but I'll never see it your way.

That's certainly an interesting riff on the Moss standoff.

That said, i think that Belioli
can reload ... aim and fire at the same time.

He's done that also ... ask Corey Dillon.
We'll soon see. What I always wish I knew this time of year is who is
on his list of players who may be cut before and by training camp.
If we had that list we could guess alot more.

If we go all the way so be it ... if not .. he's not going to bankrupt the team to go to the SB every year ... sometimes reloading is a necessary evil. If reloading is what he is doing then $$$ on Moss is a waste of time.

Going to the SB every year is the whole friggin point! You can't win the SB without being in it.

1. I never put words in your mouth.

Fine, I'll rephrase. I'd appreciate it next time if you read my posts better so that I don't have to waste time writing replies as seen in posts #40 and #42.

3. Branch could have played out his contract. He chose to force an 11th hour trade. You can put that on the organization till your blue in the face, but I'll never see it your way.
I've not argued that Branch should have been kept or that his loss alone constitues the screw up that I'm referring to with respect to the WR position. But at this point, it seems to me that this doesn't really matter.

:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back