Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pentagon burns controversial book on Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patsfanin Philly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

FOXNews.com - Pentagon Destroys Copies of Controversial Memoir Written by Army Officer

>>>>The Pentagon has burned 9.500 copies of Army Reserve Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer's memoir "Operation Dark Heart," his book about going undercover in Afghanistan……….
    The U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency attempted to block the book about the tipping point in Afghanistan and a controversial pre-9/11 data mining project called "Able Danger."
    In a letter obtained by Fox News, the DIA says national security could be breached if "Operation Dark Heart" is published in its current form. The agency also attempted to block key portions of the book that claim "Able Danger" successfully identified hijacker Mohammed Atta as a threat to the United States before the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.>>>>>>>
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. hudlander

hudlander Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And this surprised who?

The military are nothing but a bunch of bullies.
    They denied Roswell and supressed that evidence.
    They assisnated Pat Tillman.
    The military is nothing but a bunch of meathead punks who want rubber stamps for everything in the guise of "Patriotism."
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

Have always found it interesting that we spent more money on investigating the shenanigans involving Bill Clinton and Monica, than we spent on 9-11...

From the onset this whole rush to judgement and almost immediate identification of the culprits has always made me concerned about the conclusions they reached prior to the investigation... the outcome was predictable and controlled.

Military madness has ruined my country...

Pentagon destroys thousands of copies of Army officer's memoir - CNN.com

4. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really??

Maybe you are talking about the higher ups...either way I find your blanket statement offensive.
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

Offensive is the operative word on this forum, save up and go down to Target and ask if you can buy some thick skin..
  6. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have plenty thick skin, and Target would be a long drive for me they don't seem to have any in the middle of the desert....how would the forum regulars acted if the same tripe was stated about homosexuals? Then it would be an issue.

Same as before, little band of closet military haters in here. Oh, I know it's coming...We support the troops!!!

No you don't...angry about everything and you think you have all the solutions. It's a big world outside of New England.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

You are dealing with lefties who think you are one of the bad guys, they have never served and know nothing about the military and the sacrifices involved. I would ignore the ignorant and hateful.
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +348 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

So you're saying that no "lefties" have ever served in the military? Is that your claim, here, 13?

Coz I'd have to disagree with you, you know.
  9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

In this forum there is 1, wistapatsfan. And he claims not to be one, so I guess his statement is correct no one in this forum that is a hard lefty, has actually served in the military.

But the fact you take on 13's post and not hudlander's says a lot.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

No based on my personal experience and what I have seen on this forum lefties tend to be hostile to the military.

Perhaps I am jaded by how I was treated in the 70's while in uniform.

BTW have you or Mr or any of your kids served?
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What branch did you serve in 13? I wasn't aware that you had.

The military was screwed up beyond belief in the 80's. They still are, but it isn't because of the troops. It's because of the Brass and bureaucrats who have control. Troops do way better at their jobs than anyone else does but the Pentagon is a nightmare of inefficiency. If the morons who ran that place were running the EPA, they would all get fired.

Hey, bmf31c- Don't worry. There'll be a Target near you soon. Hopefully when you get home for good. Stay safe.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

USAF Dec71-Sept 75 basic at Lackland spent rest of enlistment at Hill AFB UT, had orders for Pleiku canceled before deployment, base was being closed. Easy tour season pass to Snow Basin was $160 for the season, worked a swing shift great duty.

Went in as a E-1, left E-4 passed E-5 test but didn't stay around. Went to the U Of Utah after.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

Have you read any of his other posts? I wouldn't let anything he says bother you.

BTW, thank you for your service. It's appreciated on my end.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

The resident knee jerk rightie raises his ugly head once again, the comments were referring to the sensitivity of the poster... this is a political forum, for which the mods have chosen not to have enforceable rules.. instead it is a political free for all in which infractions are only given dependent on whether a mod takes his meds that day or if he is in a bad mood...

When you come here, then you are fair game.. no matter who you are, if you cannnot deal with it, do not come and play.

In your world if a military person comes here we are just supposed to play nice, is that your vision.. different rules for different people????

BTW your comments could never be further from the truth, your revered righty George W. so loved the military he lied to the american people about Iraq.. he loved them so much he led them to a war in which 4K+ died and over 30K+ were injured and maimed.. he so loved them he sent them with inferior equipment and did not know the capability of the enemy.. he loved the 'merican people he spent about 1 trillion dollars on this lie.. he so loved the Iraqi people over 100K women and children(collateral damage) were killed and a country was completely destroyed(which we have to rebuild) the only people who are really happy are the merchants of death(war profiteers) and the oil profiteers, who he really loves:D:D:D

George Bush so loved the military he and his merry bunch of neo con draft dodgers (Cheney, Perle, Wolfowitz and Rove) willingly sent young men and women to a completely unneccessary war based on lies...

All the while many "lefties" loved the military so much they did not support sending them to Iraq.. they wanted peace which would have led even more love for the military.. how is that for "sensitivity" towards the military.. you do not have a clue as to what you are talking about, as usual.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +348 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Enlisted or drafted?

And, to answer your question, no, neither my husband nor myself were in the military nor were my sons, although my youngest has tried to enlist several times but keeps getting turned down for a pre-existing medical condition.

I'm not sure that makes any of us "anti-military," however. My father served 7 years in WWII, my uncle is still MIA presumed dead since 1943, my sons fathers were Viet Nam vets and I've got several cousins and uncles who either have served or are currently serving in the military.

One can support something strongly without ever having participated in it - not every anti-abortion believer has adopted an unwanted child, not every civil rights believer has marched with Dr. King, not every person who believes in God attends church services.
  16. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

DarrylS, I'm not here looking for an eye poke contest and I have no issue with critique of the military, when it is factual based. In fact, I have on a number of occasions joined in and provided a further perspective. I seem to remember having a number of (pleasant) conversations with you, when you used a different user name...maybe I am wrong and it was someone else.

When the military is attacked as thugs, murderers etc by an uninformed poster shall I stand by and say nothing? No, I will stand up and defend the honor of the whole. There are bad apples and criminals but isn't that the case in every profession? It is okay to condemn the whole for the actions of a few?

As for what "unneeded actions" and the resultant outcomes, speak first hand to an Iraqi or Afghan that lived under Saddam or the Taliban. It may mean nothing to you, but people here have a voice in a new Democracy. They do not live in terror under a brutal regime that murders dissenters. Women are allowed to go to school. Just a few of the many advantages Americans take for granted, that people here are truly grateful for. There is pain and suffering on both ends, war is dirty. Much work is still needed to be done, but it is being done and goals are being accomplished. Like it or hate it, that is what is happening. I see it firsthand, I'm not reading it third party on a website.

Critique is good...Slander is wholly different.

Wistah, RW, Thank you kindly for your well wishes.

All of the Vets, Thank you for your service, Welcome Home.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Nothing is perfect, where would America be today if not for the Military defending it.

:confused:
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

c'mon Bmfc we all know you people covered up Roswell.

I bet you have a laser pistol in your desk right now.

On a more serious note. I'm willing to speak up against a lefty if they seem at least slightly credible and say something out of bounds; but I won't be bothered with denouncing trolls who tout goofy conspiracy theories.
  19. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Shh!!! The laser pistols are highly classified! The Men in Black will be around later to reprogram you.

I hear you, I probably should of just let it roll. It just chaps me when I read it.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Good timing.