PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pennington to stay in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Chad Pennington has reached an agreement with the Jets to restructure his contract, a move that will allow the QB to stay in New York, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. Pennington will make $3 million this year, with incentives that could earn him up to $9 million.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5384330

Last edited:
Thank, god. Let's hope ol' noodlearm makes it back to being the starter next year. That's two guaranteed division wins for the Pats.

That should make Jest fans very happy.:rofl:

hwc said:
Thank, god. Let's hope ol' noodlearm makes it back to being the starter next year. That's two guaranteed division wins for the Pats.

Not to mention what happens if he somehow starts to achieve his likely very NLTBE incentives midway through the season.....JETS will be dropping like flies.

I wonder if Eric would have taken this job had he known how easy the housecleaning would be and how difficult the reloading would be in an uncapped future.

At least old Noodle was able to get a few more bucks to take care of his shoulder after 2007 thanks to the 30% rule. ;)

Schefter says they will now persue Kitna as a backup who really wants to be a starter and likely will.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Finally some good news! Gomer will be back under center for the NYJ for another half a season.

Odlirama said:
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Finally some good news! Gomer will be back under center for the NYJ for another half a season.

Yeah. And you just know that Belichick will really respect the deep ball....

We'll see how ol' noodlearm's rotator cuff holds up against a steady diet of double safety blitzes. Heh, at least the Jets kept all their veteran offensive lineme.....oh, wait, nevermind.

Wow, and here I thought New York would make the right move by cutting his sorry expensive ass and drafting Cutler.

Cheers!

I suspect that they made this move as being the most cap friendly. Wouldn't there have been a massive penalty for cutting him?

gomezcat said:
I suspect that they made this move as being the most cap friendly. Wouldn't there have been a massive penalty for cutting him?

Absolutly. This was the best $ decision for both parties. They FO had the leverage. Either restructure or get cut. It would have hit hard, but CP would rather stay put in NY for a renegotiated contract. It was , for the current situation, a win-win. So now he is just a $3M tutor.

Too bad I was hoping the Pats would get the chance to sign him to be the back-up, for the equipment manager!!!

FreeTedWilliams said:
Too bad I was hoping the Pats would get the chance to sign him to be the back-up, for the equipment manager!!!

Yeah, but he would injure his shoulder picking up Sey's pads. :D

I don't think that Jet will keep him he is damaged goods

BionicPatriot said:
Wow, and here I thought New York would make the right move by cutting his sorry expensive ass and drafting Cutler.

Cheers!

The Jets really did themselves in extending Penny to all of that dough. Being a Patriots fan, I am happy.

Long Live Ducks Chuckington!

I did a quick search and the projected salary cap hit for cutting him ranged from $9-12 million. That's why he's staying.

gomezcat said:
I did a quick search and the projected salary cap hit for cutting him ranged from $9-12 million. That's why he's staying.

Why they paid him that in the first place is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes