PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalty for Jet's tampering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caf

Rookie
Reaction score
If the Jets are found guilty of tampering with respect to Branch's situation, what would be the panalty. Would the Jets be obliged to give up a draft cholice to the Pats or would they merely be fined? If anyone has any information, please post the same...........Thanks...............

That's actually come up with Milloy and the Redskins. The Jets would lose a draft pick, but there's nothing written that the Patriots would receive it.

Tampering is so hard to prove that it's never been tested.

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
That's actually come up with Milloy and the Redskins. The Jets would lose a draft pick, but there's nothing written that the Patriots would receive it.

This is pure speculation on my part, but the difference in this case might be that something in the documents filed by Chayut with his grievances or something learned during the discovery process in preparation of trying the grievances could provide the proof.

dryheat44 said:

Penalize the Jets?

Jeez......why don't you just go kick a dead puppy too.

Isn't the NFL penalizing them enough by making them play out the season?

I feel there is no way the Pats will get anything from the jets, and I Think the chances of the jets being found guilty of tampering are nil. HOWEVER, that said, it would be pretty damn funny if they were to get in trouble without even landing Branch.

This isn't going to happen - its just BB tweaking a division rival a bit... but if it would be a draft pick for compensation - and probably a pretty low one at that.

In the NFL there are no dead puppies to kick.

Except for the Detroit Lions.

What about Charles Rogers?

Slagathor said:
Penalize the Jets?

The Jets are currently tied for first in the AFCEast, it isn't -that- bad. ;)

If the Patriots win the tampering charge, the Jets have to give the Pats the pick they got from KC for Herm, and the Jets have to re-hire Herm to be the "HC of the NYJ"-no, no that's too harsh...

BB is tweaking the Jets and just throwing a "shot across the bow" to make them mind their Ps and Qs especially with our upcoming free agnets. I don't think the league will issue any finding or punishments in this instance.

Slagathor said:
Penalize the Jets?

Beautiful!!!!!!!!

I don't know. Might be a shot across the bow of the NFL powers that be.

Maybe I am just a bit paraniod, but after I read that the Seahawks are getting a special 2 week roster exemption to allow Branch to learn the offense, I have to wonder if the Leaugue did not strong arm this thing. They are pretty touchy about greivences.

The Pats might be making a point they can rock the boat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back