Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pelosi's House Ethics committee racist?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by khayos, Aug 2, 2010.

1. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Interesting article. If the R's were in control, I wonder what the D's would be saying about this. I would not have noticed if this reality was not posted here because the media does not seem to have noticed either. Maybe this article will bring it out. The disparity is pretty undeniable and strange, if not outright racist by definition.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +879 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

There was a little discussion that I saw a part of on Morning Joe(MSNBC). A black guest(didn't know who he was) said that blacks in Washington have been investigated at a much higher rate than whites. He said in an analogy that it isn't right that blacks get pulled over at disproportionate rates but at the same time when they get pulled over they better not have a dead body in their car. If they were bad they were bad, in other words.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +879 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

It would be nice to see who doesn't have skeletons in the closet. they've known about Rangel for years and it slid. They also knew about Murtha yet nobody ever thought he would go down ... if he was still around we could contrast his treatment to Rangel and Waters and the blacks have a point. they can be seen but they must not be heard ... I agree with them on this one though I don't excuse them for any violations they may have committed.

Obama is the standard for African-Americans ... this is the image they want front and center. Anyone who taints that image will be axed. If the President was Latino then the Latino's in Congress would be under the microscope. Same for a Christian, a mormon or even an Atheist.

The worst thing you can be in Congress is of the same category as the President at that time.
    All part of my power broker theory that is really rearing it's ugly underbelly lately. The worst part of it is that the other members of congress distance themselves because they know it is all out of their control - they know they are lucky to be the chosen ones for their section of the country.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  6. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Actually the link says that at one point this year the only members under formal investigation were black.

One day this training camp every player BB cuts will be black. I think on that day we should call him Bill Belicracker.

I could comment on micro-sized samples, coincidences and statistical clumping, but I won't.