Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pelosi wins Democratic leadership fight

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Washington (CNN) -- House Democrats voted Wednesday to make Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, their leader for the 112th Congress, overcoming objections from moderates who argued that she was partly responsible for the party's overwhelming defeat at the polls two weeks ago.

Pelosi wins Democratic leadership fight - CNN.com

Since most of the Blue Dogs lost the election, I'd say her objecting of Moderates is fine with most, since moderates rejected them in the last election.

I'm not sure how to feel about this though, its kinda luke-warm...Like I don't really care.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Nancy Pelosi...last time I saw her, the last thing I said to her was...

"Hey Nancy...See You Next Tuesday!":D
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Well that's the master plan which is why she is still in. they are blaming the dogs for their losses ... blaming them for not being loyal. Real funny here where a Congressman represents the people who elected them and they are called disloyal. she is a huge money raiser so she'll stump in 2 years for people more left so they get where they want to be.

what we need is a Congress with a few of everyone from super liberal to neo-con ... the system would work better that way IMO.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

It seems like she didn't learn the lessons of 1964 and 1972. In 1964, the Republicans nominated someone considered extreme, Barry Goldwater who got crushed in the general election. They learned their lesson and nominated Richard Nixon in 1972 ( who looked very moderate compared to Wallace on one side and Humphrey on the other.). The Democrats nominated George McGovern in 1972 seen as too liberal and he lost 49 states. They learned their lesson and Jimmy Carter won 4 years later. Both sides moderated. If Ms. Pelosi thinks she can go further to the left, G-d bless her but she may find that they can fit in a smaller caucus room come 2012......
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Good post and it makes little sense from where I am sitting.

the country does not want to be right or left. They want to see issues debated, they want the media to opine on the debate and they would like to see good honest voting that is not always along the party line. also more camera's airing the debate would be nice even if symbolic in nature.

America wants good honest government where the issues are debated on their merit and not decided by which PAC's support the issue the most. next election those that do not get it will be replaced both left and right and it will get worse before they get a clue.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  6. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Too bad. She'll prove to be a good speed bump in the way of getting things done.
    Polarizing figure she'll be.
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 5 / -2

They just don't get it do they. Did they not understand that this past election was a repudiation of their agenda, and job performance? They are as out of touch as they come. If the Dems were smart, they'd have cleaned house, and pushed Obama to pull a Bill Clinton, and move to the center. Oh well, ideologues sure are a stubborn bunch. I'm sure the pubs are all happy, since her mug and persona will likely mean another 30 seats in 2012. Meanwhile we'll be stuck with with her getting in the way till then.