Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pelosi Urges Catholic Church to Play 'Major Role' in Immigration Overhaul

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, May 11, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

FOXNews.com - Pelosi Urges Catholic Church to Play 'Major Role' in Immigration Overhaul

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday urged Catholic leaders to "instruct" their parishioners to support immigration reforms, saying clerics should "play a very major role" in supporting Democratic policies.

"The cardinals, the archbishops, the bishops that come to me and say, 'We want you to pass immigration reform,' and I said, 'I want you to speak about it from the pulpit. I want you to instruct your' -- whatever the communication is," said Pelosi, who is Catholic, speaking at the Nation's Catholic Community conference sponsored by Trinity Washington University and the National Catholic Reporter.

"The people, some (who) oppose immigration reform, are sitting in those pews, and you have to tell them that this is a manifestation of our living the gospels," she said.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Pelosi should be more concerned with her fellow worshipers letting their children go to Church alone instead of trying to get The Catholic Church mixed up in her filthy politics.

Dear Nancy
    Seperation Of Church And State you lousy bum, keep your religion out of the countrys politics.

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

Well in nancy were serious about the Catholic Church shoe wouldn't be an exteme advocate of Abortion on Demand.

Nancy should go to confession and stop advocating the killing of children before she gives advice on the Gospel to Catholic Bishops.

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Imagine a ruthless, dishonest, lying, back stabbing, conniving slimey politician like Pelosi actually "going to church"

If anybody is headed to hell when they leave this world it's that wretched blinking tooth sucking monster.

Oh Jesus, somebody stop me.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,527 / 33 / -55

No Jersey Selected

So basically, like the Bush administration, separation of church and state has completely gone out the window with this administration as well.

6. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think many if not most Hispanics are Catholic so there's a method to Pelosi's madness not to mention there's something in it for the church, as in a groundswell membership amidst the decline of religion here in America.

The Rhambo Gang wants immigration reform badly-votes,votes,votes.

Regarding their embracing of religion, they speak with forked tongue.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

This administration is turning into a carbon copy of the Bush administration and it will only get worse, Obama looks like a long legged goofy kid but make no mistake about it he is a Slick Chicago Politician Bullsh!tter.

8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Unbelievable. This woman's off her freaking rocker this time. She must be senile or something to want religious nuts - and I mean FREAKING NUTS!- to help her party pass some half-assed legislation while at the same time, opening up public and governmental processes to said sociopaths?

Sure! Go right ahead, Father -spew whatever kind of bullsh!t you want from the soapbox. No one's listening to you anyways...but keep your dirty hands off the kids, freak!

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 15 / -29

At first glance she seems nuts, but what are the reforms they should be supporting.. did I miss something???

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +629 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

The Catholic Church has a long standing role in immigration in The United States. They've been involved since the very beginning and they have countless programs already in place which aid immigrants.

I've linked to a good article which explains some of the history and some of the current involvement.

Migration Information Source - Immigration Reform and the Catholic Church

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Seperation of Chuch and State they shouldn't be supporting anything to do with the US Government

What they should be doing,
    Defrocking and destroying the lives of the dirty f-cking rotten Pervert Priests in their ranks, the animals, the swine.

Pelosi Should Rot In Hell (with her priests)

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +564 / 15 / -29

Know about that and even know some of the priests involved in that movement.. I was asking what policy is Pelosi asking the bishops to support?? Is there a new policy in the Senate??

That last formal policy I remember was Ronnie Raygun's Amnesty...

13. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -4

Of course, she's never done anything of the sort, but spin, spin away!

What do you know about Pelosi's personal religious practices?

14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -4

If churches start advocating policy, aren't they supposed to lose their tax-exempt status?

(Seems to me the Catholic Church should deal with their own internal pedophilia "overhaul" before embarking on other issues.)

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +564 / 15 / -29

Probably so, but in the past administration the lines got really blurred in many areas and on many issues.... precedent has been set, much to my chagrin.

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

Pelosi claims to be a Catholic. The Catholic church considers abortion murder. Hence from the POV of her faith she is advocating murder of the innocent.

17. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To wit... the Pope saying he talked about pro-life views and Nancy talked about her kids.

Catholic divide: Pelosi meets the Pope - First Read - msnbc.com

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -4

and the Catholic Church's view, it may shock you to realize, isn't fact. (See pedophilia for a very clear example) So what you meant to say is that she should "stop advocating what the church views as the killing of children." Got it (big difference).

as for her faith, what I was asking is what do you know about her practices regarding confession? Maybe she has been to confession. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that's none of your business.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

In short no otherwise all the Black Churches that host sermons by dem politicians would lose their tax exempt status. I don't think Churches are supposed to endorse candidates but that is ignored on a regular basis.

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

Who said it was a 'fact', try to follow Pelosi is a Catholic, no one forces her to remain a Catholic. The Catholics have beliefs that members of the church are supposed to adhere to. Pelosi doesn't adhere to the church's teaching about abortion.

Whether the church is right or not is besides the point when it comes to Pelosi's status as a member of the Catholic church.