Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pelosi: Her Catholic Faith 'Compels' Her to Support Same-Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, May 10, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

Cynical or clueless who can tell.

Pelosi: Her Catholic Faith 'Compels' Her to Support Same-Sex Marriage | CNSNews.com

The same 'reasoning' (?) she uses to rationalize supporting abortion. Now if she has her own views bully for her, but why pretend to be a Catholic if you don't buy into the whole Pope thing, cause the Church she claims to be a member of is pretty clear on both same sex marriage and abortion. She may not realize that according to her Church facilitating those things gets her a ticket to hell if she doens't renounce those views.
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think if the church can look the other way on raping little boys and facilitating that rape then maybe they'll cut Speaker Pelosi a little slack.
  3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

This speaks to her lack of integrity. the Church has done plenty of bad stuff of course the failings of the clergy doesn't affect the legitimay of the teaching received from God (if you are a church member that, how the game is structured).

If you disagree with church teching on fundamental issues just leave.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'd argue that if those guys 'received' permission from god to hide child rape then maybe they screwed up interpreting some other stuff they've 'received' from god. For all we know god may very well have been screaming "Leave the gay people alone" for the last 1500 years now and these bozos have 'received' things wrong.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

The problem is that "God" did not teach this, nothing in the new testament speaks to this issue..

White haired men made these decisions..

The Catholic Church has enough to worry about..
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

Well I'll let the Pope knwo you have weighed in on What God did and did not 'teach'. Perhaps the Pope will ask you to write an Encyclical on what God said as opposed to the white haired guy, BTW what color is your hair? :D

See if you are a member of a church you need to buy into that church's view of reality.

Clearly Pelosi doesn't get this.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I'd venture to say that virtually all Catholics disagree with at least one or more of the church's techings.[sic] Birth control would be one of them.

Apparently you disagree with the church and the bible on who gets to make the final judgement.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

They're all a bunch of lying scum bastards, 90% of all politicians in America are Homophobes including President Paddle Ears and all the members of his church, especially his Reverend, the Preacher Wright.

The lying bastards are Using Innocent Gay People to get VOTES.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

Tremendous leap of faith here.. you believe in everything folks in Rome tell you what to do and how to live your life.

So you cannot show anything in the new testament about gay folks.

Interestingly what the New Testament does say, once again the Golden Rule dictates how we should live..

Matthew 7:1

Luke 6:37

Shame on you and all of the right for judging anyone, never mind someone else's faith.. your views are unconscionable.. totally disengenuous. Your actions constitute least 32 Venial Sins.. now go to confession and tell the priest that you have been judging people, again!!!!
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

I know plenty of Catholics who have said basically the same thing.

Now, Pelosi may be full of ****, but the sentiments she stated are echoed among the Catholic flock, even if you (and the Pope) don't like it.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

I found a number of things I disagree with the church on (12 years with parochial schools) so I left the church and haven't been in a catholic church in the last 40 years cept for my mom's funeral.

Easy.

Trying to use her religion as cover when her religion is directly the opposite of her views is about as gutless as it gets.

Just say I think my church is wrong on issue x....
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -11

There are actually a lot of devout Catholics who feel the same way she does. I have known many, especially people who are gay or who have gay family members. Do you think only a fundamentalist can be devout? There are religious gay Muslims, gay Orthodox Jews, and others, and those religions are generally at least as anti-gay as the Pope.

Trembling Before G-d (2001) - IMDb
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

Do not judge, lest you be judged.. you continue to judge this women, it is none of your business...

She quotes the golden rule, do onto others as you would have them do unto you..

All the rest is bullshyt, and none of your business.. to judge someone's faith is about a disengenuous as it gets..

Your faith is personal, and not something to be bantered about in the Conservative News Service or the topic of discussion boards... what a bunch of freaking tools.. Jim Hopf and the naked basement boys must have thought this up.
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

If you choose to be a member of a religion you should try to adhere to the tenets of that faith. Instead by openly defying thse teachings AND THEN using her heretical views to justify here position, that is esentially mocking the Church and it's teachings.
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

If Pelosi is right that the Catholic Faith compels her to support same sex marriage then somebody ought to tell the Catholic Church about it.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

If you choose to be a member of a religion you should try to adhere to the tenets of that faith. Instead by openly defying thse teachings AND THEN using her heretical views to justify here position, that is esentially mocking the Church and it's teachings.

Of course being gay isn't a sin, just sexual activity outside of marriage which the church defines as the joing of a man and woman for the purposes of creating and raising children.

That is their deal. No one forces you to participate or believe.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

Her faith is none of your or the Conservative News Service Business.. you folks do not get it, who gives you the right to question another persons faith..

You do not even understand religion, never mind Catholicism..
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

Her faith is none of your business.. faith is a private matter, between you and god and not something to be bantered about on Conservative News Service or internet message boards...

Do not judge, lest you be judged....

You folks do not understand the basic tenets of faith as taught in the New Testament..
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -11

The Catholic church's economic message is to the left of Ryan, for which he's come under fire. The church also quite clearly opposes libertarian economic principles, and has for at least decades. I guess you're ready to apply your same thinking to Paul Ryan and other economically conservative Catholics, or will you find a way to carve out exceptions?
  20. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I didn't pull her faith out of my azz, she shoved it up there:rolleyes:

....but that's besides the point. She may or may not be spinning her understanding of the Catholic faith's support of same sex marriage(I am skeptical) in order to pander to Catholics but I haven't seen a lot of evidence that the Church itself is endorsing it in any way shape or form.