PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pees still 'pissed' about defensive breakdown in AFCCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patsjo14_08-14-07_S36O025.502d77c.html

You gotta love this guy who is so apparently mad at himself more so then the players themselves who were on the field during the final quarter of the 2006 AFCCG.

I think I like this guy even more so as DC than Crennel - Very smart man who is always thinking like BB and seems as if he is taking the breakdown on defense during that game as a personal issue and a vows to make sure it does not happen again if he can help it.

Since he is still irked about the loss that may be a good thing for the season ahead.

I like the fact he is going to keep Wilson at Safety unless forced otherwise,I don't like to see a player move too often out of position if it is not a neccessity but only because of inury.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patsjo14_08-14-07_S36O025.502d77c.html

You gotta love this guy who is so apparently mad at himself more so then the players themselves who were on the field during the final quarter of the 2006 AFCCG.

I think I like this guy even more so as DC than Crennel - Very smart man who is always thinking like BB and seems as if he is taking the breakdown on defense during that game as a personal issue and a vows to make sure it does not happen again if he can help it.

Since he is still irked about the loss that may be a good thing for the season ahead.

I like the fact he is going to keep Wilson at Safety unless forced otherwise,I don't like to see a player move too often out of position if it is not a neccessity but only because of inury.

If RAC had been able to speak a little, you would like him just as much as Pees.

Belichick is conforming to the league mandate that his coaches be available fro questions. He has let the OC and DC hold press conferences.

It is interesting to see Pees blame himself and his players for giving up the 18 point lead. He is with the program.

Anywhere else, they would be wailing that 15 guys were down with the flu, and the ones playing were showing effects and just ran out of gas after a half of football. Jet lag was also hurting them.

The bottom of the roster couldn't hold; but the guy refuses to make excuses...

Do you think BB will take him to the woodshed for being so open? :confused:

Belichick is conforming to the league mandate that his coaches be available fro questions. He has let the OC and DC hold press conferences.

It is interesting to see Pees blame himself and his players for giving up the 18 point lead. He is with the program.

Anywhere else, they would be wailing that 15 guys were down with the flu, and the ones playing were showing effects and just ran out of gas after a half of football. Jet lag was also hurting them.

I am aware of that, just pointing out that RAC is actually a very smart guy who is also a good communicator too. Peas certainly looks to be of quality but I would replace him with RAC in a heartbeat if the option became available.

Last edited:
At the rate Bill is letting the asssitant coaches speak, he will have run through all by the time the preseason is over. It also seems he is making them available in the semi-controlled environment of a press conference, where an off-hand remark in the heat of battle might be less likely.

Do you think he will then shut it down for the season?

Jeez. I've read this article five times and I'm not catching any such vibe at all. It seems a very generic piece. We watched the game, looked for mistakes, and hope to correct them. Very Belichickian.

I guess we take what was said a bit differently,I think by what I read is that Pees is determined not to let it happen again and takes some of the blame..Thats what I see when I read it

I like Pees, but man Josh McDaniels the Offensive Coordinator sucks.

It has to be Nem who else would it be cept i thought he'd have a screen name like my eyes see thru weis lies 1 or something like that.

I read the article and now I see dead people everywhere.:eek:

One thing I have never quite understood is why football fans insist on calling facts excuses.

Personally, its NOT an excuse to point out that they were relying on their 3rd string safeties at points in the 2nd half. Its not an excuse to point out that their top 3 RBs were out with injuries (reportedly). Its not an excuse to point out that the Pats were without Seau and Harrison, two guys who shored up the Pats run defense tremendously.

Those are all facts. They played a part in the Pats losing. Its not an excuse. Just like its not an excuse to point out that there were 3 plays where the referees made the incorrect call or didn't make a call at all. The first one was the PI call on Hobbs. Hobbs was whistled for "face guarding" which hasn't been a rule in ages. And, if there was any contact, it was so incidental because Wayne was not impeded at all from adjusting. In fact, the ball was underthrown and hit Hobbs in the back of the arm. The second call was the Offensive pass interference against Troy Brown. Troy shouldn't have been called for the DB intentionally running into him. The last was the non-call on Kelvin Hayden. Hayden mauled Reche Caldwell and CLEARLY impeded Caldwell's ability to catch the ball. Hayden should have been called and the Pats should have had the ball at the the Colts 1.

Those are facts. They aren't excuses.

Those are all facts. They played a part in the Pats losing. Its not an excuse. Just like its not an excuse to point out that there were 3 plays where the referees made the incorrect call or didn't make a call at all. The first one was the PI call on Hobbs. Hobbs was whistled for "face guarding" which hasn't been a rule in ages. And, if there was any contact, it was so incidental because Wayne was not impeded at all from adjusting. In fact, the ball was underthrown and hit Hobbs in the back of the arm. The second call was the Offensive pass interference against Troy Brown. Troy shouldn't have been called for the DB intentionally running into him. The last was the non-call on Kelvin Hayden. Hayden mauled Reche Caldwell and CLEARLY impeded Caldwell's ability to catch the ball. Hayden should have been called and the Pats should have had the ball at the the Colts 1.

Those are facts. They aren't excuses.

What about that roughing the passer on the last INDY drive against TBC??. I thought that was complete BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes