PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pedroia Signs 6 Yr Deal

dalero

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per Gammons DP signed a 6 yr $40+million deal. Sounds like he gets alot of cash up front and the club gets a very managable contract. Sounds like a win win for both sides.

awesome thats huge :D

Big move, and a great move thank god they realized his value to our team!

I love it. I was worried he would go the Youk & Papelbon route and go year to year until he's a free agent.

Great move, great reward for a great player...

that is a bargain!! Great Deal.

He totally sold himself short, but it's not as if $40 mill is peanuts or anything.

Good the mouth will be here for 6 more years.

Hopefully Youk is going to get some more cabbage.

They signed him CHEAP.

6 years, 40 Mill, to sign him until he is 32 years old.

That is a ridiculous bargain if I've ever seen one. The guy has been in the league 2 years and has a ROY, league MVP, gold glove, and silver slugger trophies.

Actually, it was a horrible deal for Pedroia, but I guess you can't fault the guy for being old school, like Brady and Bruschi.

Horrible? The guy has played two seasons and just banked a ton of money. If you look at the rate for players signing deals prior to free agency this ranks right up there, especially for a second baseman.

Horrible? The guy has played two seasons and just banked a ton of money. If you look at the rate for players signing deals prior to free agency this ranks right up there, especially for a second baseman.
i agree. i dont know how anybody can say pedroia didn't get a great deal. there is always a lot of risk when you wait till free agency. if i were him i would have done the same thing. 40 mil sets him up for life. hes a young guy. when this contract runs out he will be 32. he can cash in again.

He is the best second basement in the game.
Only in the league two years, he's pretty much won every award you can get at his position.

He is signed through his prime years as a player, the ages 27-32 years.

The guaranteed money isn't special because all player's deals are guaranteed.

I LOVE that the Sox just signed the best second basemen in the game for only 40 million through 6 years of the best years of his career.

The guaranteed money isn't special because all player's deals are guaranteed.

The guarantee is with respect to deals that haven't been signed yet. As of the signing he's much more immune to career-ending injuries than Papelbon is. Sure Pedroia's only got 1/2 a loaf, but Paps has to live with the possibility that he'll get no loaf at all.

Chase Utley signed a 7-yr, 85 million dollar deal.

Pedroia signed a 6 year, 40 Mill deal.

When you factor in defense, speed, batting average, Pedroia stacks up well against Utley in terms of being an overall player, I think one could legitimately argue that Pedroia was as good if not better.

How is this not an absolute steal for the Red Sox.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back