Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peanuts for Everyone!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 10, 2012.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Thought I'd start a thread where facts don't rule....just opinions.

I was on a flight recently on an airline that typically hands out little bags of peanuts and pretzels.

But on this particular flight, they didn't hand out any peanuts. When I asked why, the attendant told me it was because there was someone with a peanut allergy on-board.

Thankfully, I had my own peanuts in my carry-on!

If your child wants a peanut butter & jelly sandwich to bring to school, then by all means, your child should get to bring a classic P&J sammich to school.

Let us not be ruled by tyranny of the minority.

Opinions?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

The liberal wants to run your life from the time you get up until you go back to bed (according to their rules)

They are supposed to be Tolerent, actually they are full of shlt.
  3. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Seriously you start a thread about peanuts on a plane or lack there of. Why couldn't there have been a snake on the plane under your seat to bite you on the azz? :singing: What about that women suing southwest airlines for $800K for giving her a cup of tea that was to hot. She spilled it and burnt herself. Her lawyer said the tea was to hot for the airline industry. :confused:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +196 / 8 / -8

Apparently, people with peanut allergies can go into some kind of allergic reaction by simply smelling peanuts, which is why airlines don't really offer them anymore.

I don't know. I suppose back in the day, people with peanut allergies simply just died, leaving the rest of us to enjoy peanuts in peace.
  5. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:scared: Its a plot by elitist liberals to hoard all the peaunuts for themselves.
  6. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -1

Love to see how you'd feel if your kid had peanut allergies
  7. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Can see the headlines in the Daily Mail now.... Child dies on plane from allergy to peanuts. Negligent flight attendants hand out peanuts etc.
  8. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Apparently, people with peanut allergies can go into some kind of allergic reaction by simply smelling peanuts, which is why airlines don't really offer them anymore.

I don't know. I suppose back in the day, people with peanut allergies simply just died, leaving the rest of us to enjoy peanuts in peace.

This was simply great Nunchucks. :)
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Peanut Allergy People should not eat peanuts, I can't recall ever smelling peanuts unless I stuck one up my nose but of course I could be wrong.

:bricks:
    "helen"
    "what"
    "do you smell something"
    "yes, i think it's peanuts"
    "this is the captain speaking, please put on your seat belts, we're going to crash"

Co-Pilot To Captain:
    "f---ing peanuts"
  10. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its just being safe Harry. You honestly think if there are instances of people having allergic reactions to peanuts even from the slightest contact, the company won't take extreme measures to protect them from suits?

Any smart business would be wise to make this election, or I'm sure they won't be in business very long. With that being said, as the thread starter mentioned, he managed to sneak peanuts on the plane. I think the better question is what are the flight companies going to do about that, if this is the case indeed? Are companies going to begin taking legal action against people that "smuggle" peanuts on planes now?
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

There's a reason airlines try to oblige peanut sensitive individuals - the reason is that some peanut allergies are so extreme that even non-direct contact with peanut dust can cause death.

http://www.clinicalmolecularallergy.com/content/7/1/4

Airlines:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekep=15618

So the allergy sufferer and the airlines are going to go to all this trouble to ensure the traveler doesn't drop dead en-route, thereby screwing up not only their own plans but the plans of every other passenger on the plane, and you're going to whip out your own little bag of peanuts because you can't possibly exist for an hour or two or three without a peanut. Plus, you obviously feel it's your God-given right to please yourself at the expense of everyone else around you.

Grow up, PR....the world doesn't revolve around you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

I agree, we now live in a rapidly changing world, I am slowly beginning to realize that it isn't 1946 anymore, Norman Rockwell is dead.
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

I've been on many flights in the last 5 years, I can't remember the last time they gave out peanuts. And couldn't care less if they do. I usually take a Snickers bar with me.

My niece has a severe peanut allergy, so I can see where the airlines are coming from. It's better to error on the side of caution than to have to land a plane somewhere because a kid stopped breathing.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
  14. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +397 / 4 / -10

its like this......embrace liberalism, but count on the results of their programs to have the opposite result from the intention, and you'll do just fine
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Perhaps they should transport beehives as well on planes... too bad for those folks also..

Have you ever seen anaphalactic shock?? It can get out of control quickly..

Nice to see you chose to put children in harm's way, and ingested your peanuts..
  16. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This sounds like every proposal I've heard from most liberals and conservatives my friend. You can't trust any of them and you're a fool if you do.
  17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

She shouldn't have been born stupid I guess Hebeill! But I'm with you 100%.

Someone did the exact same thing and sued McDonalds years ago....what is amazing is that both people actually won....very sad that people don't assume hot tea or coffee SHOULD burn you.

Regarding this thread....just felt like posting something out of the ordinary.

And I always look under my seat for snakes!
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

I really miss the olden days dude
  19. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I remember the McDonalds lawsuit but they weren't sued because of the coffee and it being too hot technically, they sued the corporation because they failed to print that disclaimer stating this on their product.

Unfortunately, it happens and obviously as we've seen, it works. I agree though, the concept is mind boggling because we understand that the coffee or tea is going to be hot when we ordered it.
  20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Everyone is allowed to bring their own peanuts onto any flight. Whenver I go to an airport, the first thing I do is buy a couple of bags of nut & raisin mix for my trip. I eat them on the plane and in my hotel room.

Sometimes I hold the open bag against the ventilation system so the smell travels throughout the hotel....just kiddn':p