Welcome to PatsFans.com

PBS most trusted/Fox News and MSNBC least fair

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

No surprise here.

Poll Finds PBS Most Trused Name in News - 2010-02-18 17:20:26 | Broadcasting & Cable

A new poll finds PBS among the most trusted institutions in America and the most trusted name in news. According to an annual poll conducted by GfK Roper Public Affairs & Media, 40% of Americans trust PBS' news and public affairs programs a "great deal." Fox News was second at 29% and CNN was third at 27%.

Additionally, when asked to chose whether news coverage, investigations and discussions of major issues on PBS programs was "liberal," "mostly fair" or "conservative," 40% chose "mostly fair." NBC and ABC were second with 33% each followed by CNN (31%), NPR (29%), Fox News (25%) and MSNBC (24%).
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Read that this morning, surprised at the findings on Fox News:rolleyes:
  3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

It is just the opposite of another recent poll that had Fox as 'most trusted" or
    'most trused" (Don't they proof the headlines at Broadcasting &Cable?)

Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
    I'd like to see how the questions were framed because I don't believe 40% of the country even watches PBS let alone knows how fair they are!!!!
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree with you to a point, but I don't think you can equate the political leanings of this organization (although I admit that it's hard to tell what their leaning is) and that of Politico. Politico makes no bones about their hard-right bias. The majority of their front webpage is dedicated to the CPAC convention. I don't see that with the B&C site.

Either way, you're right about the poll language being leading in both cases. Whoever's logged on to POLITICO is more likely to watch FOX. The same can be said for left-leaning pollsters.

BTW, Frontline is the best news show of all time.

News Hour is the only news show that doesn't emphasize hot chickes posing as reporters (not that there's anything wrong with that. I often watch FOX just for that) and soundbite reporting. They spend more time on each story than any other outlet.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

If a Liberal Left Wing Democrat gets caught robbing a bank you'll never hear about it on PBS, that's why I'd never trust them, if you want the whole story go to FOX, if you hate Sarah Palin and get your rocks off hearing her Trashed day after day, hour after hour, head over to MSNBC and drooling Mush Mouth Matthews..

Walter Cronkite is dead so is his one sided sh!t.

NOW WE HEAR "BOTH SIDES"
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

there you go with your daily predictable, obligatory comments about Palin.. if anyone else mentions your little closet fantasy, you start screaming like a little piggie..
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

I agree, the stuff on Afghanistan, Iraq and the roots of our economic crisis are very well done.. unfortunately for the most part, people are content with the synopsized, politicized views from blogs..
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I had forgoten her today then sure enough there they were the obsessed NBC clowns looking at me out of my TV screen and every other word out of their mouths was "Sarah Palin"

If the people that are frightened by her would stop talking about her I would forget her, the whole country is like that, her enemies keep her on the front page.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

You are the only one talking.. most are trying to forget about her on both sides of the aisle...
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Do they call for the withdrawal from the wars or blame Obama for the mess this country has RIGHT NOW the way they did with The Hated Bush, do they ever mention one of their favorite Bush Bashing Weapons, Gitmo? (all that sh!t is still going on) it would take two weeks to relocate the Gitmoians, why hasn't it been done.

Obama has kept all of the Bush Policys in place then added some of his own crap...where have all the crybaby's gone..............:confused:
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Watch MSNBC.....................
  12. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I happened to watched Frontline last night and was shocked that they laid the blame for the current economic crisis on people in the Clinton Admin. And a couple of the people responsible for not overseeing the OCD's are now top advisers in the Obama Admin.

Now they did point out that a woman, I can't remember her name, in the Clinton Admin was warning about unregulated OCD's and was getting slapped down. The one problem that I had with the report was their not bringing up Fannie and Freddie, which was the basis of the OCD's in the first place.

As far as PBS being "the most trusted", their ratings are so low that they can't really be compared to the others.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Their ratings are low because the majority of American viewers have the attention span of a flea on Red Bull. If it takes more than 20 seconds to blurt out the surface items of any story, they reach for the remote. That's what politicians count on - the unwillingness of the People to try to understand the truth about what's really going on outside of Octomom, Idol, and Tiger. That plus (and I'm guilty of this) PBS doesn't feature talking heads who double as models and the men don't do a lot of screaming and talking over the guests. They're normal-looking people who have polite discussions, and that's no fun.

So are you going to watch Frontline again?

BTW, did it occur to you that the reality is that Fannie and Freddy weren't actually the main cause of OCD's (is that the same as obsessive compulsive disorder?)
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Perhaps it is because that most of their material is not sensationalized, did you ever see the stuff on Iraq or Afghanistan..it was over the top.
    '
    There was a show called "The Warning" about a woman who tried to alert everyone about Derivatives.. the "Obama's War" was excellent.. as was a "Death in Iran" and "Inside the Meltdown" and "The Man and The Storm"..

The reality is that most people are content with the puke on the right and left wing blogs, and believe that that is where the truth is found.. they do not have the patience for in depth reporting.. prefer fast food news.. Frontline is certainly thought provoking.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Try not to watch Network news.. too many pretty people, never trust pretty people..
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I'm pretty......................:D
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

I do not trust you.. you could be the ugliest person on the earth and still would not trust someone who loved the war under George, but now hates it under Obama..
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Pretty UGLY!:D
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I don't hate the Obama War I hate the War Protesters, war is war, they should still be doing their thing and Protesting.

I don't hate the Obama war, this country should be trying to kill every dirty smelly Religous Fanatic Terrorist on this planet for what they did to America on 9/11, if Obama is killing these bastards good for him.

I hate The Hypocrits (the sean penn crowd) it wasn't the war they hated it was "Get Bush"
  20. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +628 / 6 / -18

That's because most people aren't really interested in news. They're interested in entertainment. That's why I tend to shy away from cable news.

I watched Al Jazeera once. That was interesting.