PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pay homage to

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric5280

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
the most important player in the history of the Patriots franchise. Without the efforts of this man, the Patriots would have 0 rings. I am sure of this.

t1_lewis_all-01.jpg

the most important player in the history of the Patriots franchise. Without the efforts of this man, the Patriots would have 0 rings. I am sure of this.
I disagree because there are multiple indications that Bledsoe was heading for the bench very very soon even if that incident hadn't happened. It may have been too late to salvage 2001, but they probably would have had Brady at the helm for the subsequent seasons.

t1_lewis_all-01.jpg
Sure, Bledsoe would still be playing and Brady would still be on the bench if not for that hit.

Nah, like Qui Gon said, Bledsoe was on his way out anyway. Mo Lewis only sped up the inevitable. We'd still have 2 rings.

I own his Jersey......it hangs on my walls

I disagree because there are multiple indications that Bledsoe was heading for the bench very very soon even if that incident hadn't happened. It may have been too late to salvage 2001, but they probably would have had Brady at the helm for the subsequent seasons.

Wrong. There would've been so many Bledsoe rumpswabs all over Belichick it wouldn't even have been funny. Instead of everyone jumping behind Brady while Blesdoe was hurt, you would have had all the Bledsoe rumpswabs in the stands, media, and forums like this one that would've been hoping for Brady to fail and for Belichick to get fired. Belichick had a mediocre Cleveland resume and was 5-13 after his first 18 games here. It would have been so much more difficult if Bledsoe got benched instead of him getting hurt. I for one was so damm happy when Bledsoe got knocked out. I thought the guy sucked and he did, no matter how many pats homers tried to defend the guy. It's funny, but I'm starting to think the former Bledsoe rumpswabs are the biggest fans of Glass. The similarities are striking.:D

Last edited:
Wrong. There would've been so many Bledsoe rumpswabs all over Belichick it wouldn't even have been funny. Instead of everyone jumping behind Brady while Blesdoe was hurt, you would have had all the Bledsoe rumpswabs in the stands, media, and forums like this one that would've been hoping for Brady to fail and for Belichick to get fired. Belichick had a mediocre Cleveland resume and was 5-13 after his first 18 games here. It would have been so much more difficult if Bledsoe got benched instead of him getting hurt. I for one was so damm happy when Bledsoe got knocked out. I thought the guy sucked and he did, no matter how many pats homers tried to defend the guy. It's funny, but I'm starting to think the former Bledsoe rumpswabs are the biggest fans of Glass. The similarities are striking.:D
Please. Belichick does whatever he thinks is going to win him games. He had no problem benching Kosar and he would have benched Bledsoe, no matter how unpopular it was. And when Brady started winning, everyone would have shut up. Remember that after Bledsoe healed, there were a lot of fans who thought he should get his starting job back. How'd that work out?

Please. Belichick does whatever he thinks is going to win him games. He had no problem benching Kosar and he would have benched Bledsoe, no matter how unpopular it was. And when Brady started winning, everyone would have shut up. Remember that after Bledsoe healed, there were a lot of fans who thought he should get his starting job back. How'd that work out?

Do you honestly think it would have been as easy of a transition if Bledsoe was healthy, sitting on the sideline, and the fans in the stands had an alternative to give them reason to boo the sh*t out of Brady if he started off a game bad? I mean, really, it's common sense. Brady would have had way more PRESSURE if Bledsoe was benched instead of hurt.

God Bless Mo Lewis...Amen

Do you honestly think it would have been as easy of a transition if Bledsoe was healthy, sitting on the sideline, and the fans in the stands had an alternative to give them reason to boo the sh*t out of Brady if he started off a game bad? I mean, really, it's common sense. Brady would have had way more PRESSURE if Bledsoe was benched instead of hurt.
And we've all seen how Brady chokes under pressure. Belichick would have been watching of both them practice, right? At some point, if Brady was better, it'd have shown in practice. And at that point you can bet Bledsoe would be riding the bench. What everyone else thought about it wouldn't play at all into the decision. One man makes those decisions and he does it according to his system.

Last edited:
Be a Bledsoe hater all you like.

If it weren't for Drew [& Bob Kraft in equal parts] this franchise would be in LA or St Louis right now. Fat lot of good 3 Lombardis would have done you on the beach in LA.

I think we can recognize that Drew was flawed; especially compared with a QB who is being compared in his first 10 years in the league with the top 5 QBs of all time. But is that really fair.

Drew did a lot for the franchise; thank him for it even if he never got us over the top. (and if it hadn't been for Tuna in the Packer SB you can make a good argument that Drew would have had a SB ring [of his own] too.)

Can't do it I have always respected Drew Bledsoe and will forever.
He made the team a competitor with his rocket arm and physical toughness.
We could of done alot worse that Drew as our QB.
Brady is by far the most important person to our dynasty.
I hated Mo Lewis when he took out Bledsoe but seeing Brady take the field for the first time this is gonna sound cliche but he looked like he belonged.

I think that's true.

I also think they would have waited too long for us to win the SB that year.

So good on Mo. No mo Mo, thank you.

Can't do it I have always respected Drew Bledsoe and will forever.
He made the team a competitor with his rocket arm and physical toughness.
We could of done alot worse that Drew as our QB.
Brady is by far the most important person to our dynasty.
I hated Mo Lewis when he took out Bledsoe but seeing Brady take the field for the first time this is gonna sound cliche but he looked like he belonged.

I agree, but with one caveat. It's a lot easier to view Drew's contributions in a more positive light with three shiney trophies sitting in Foxboro. Winning heals even the deepest wounds.

Be a Bledsoe hater all you like.

If it weren't for Drew [& Bob Kraft in equal parts] this franchise would be in LA or St Louis right now. Fat lot of good 3 Lombardis would have done you on the beach in LA.

I think we can recognize that Drew was flawed; especially compared with a QB who is being compared in his first 10 years in the league with the top 5 QBs of all time. But is that really fair.

Drew did a lot for the franchise; thank him for it even if he never got us over the top. (and if it hadn't been for Tuna in the Packer SB you can make a good argument that Drew would have had a SB ring [of his own] too.)
I also blame lard butt Tuna(and the Jets) for that superbowl
loss but remember also that Bledsoe crapped the bed with 3 or 4 ints as well.

Couldn't disagree more NSA...

see Kosar v. Testaverde

Pretty comical that homage is being paid to a guy who almost killed the man who took your team from a 1-15/2-14 franchise to a Super Bowl. Guess that's why despite the Lombardi's New England isn't considered a football region. There are some great fans on this board who are highly intelligent about their football, but stuff like this, just wow.

Pretty comical that homage is being paid to a guy who almost killed the man who took your team from a 1-15/2-14 franchise to a Super Bowl. Guess that's why despite the Lombardi's New England isn't considered a football region. There are some great fans on this board who are highly intelligent about their football, but stuff like this, just wow.

Please knock off the holier than though crap...

I tend to agree with some of what you say as I have always felt uncomfortable reading the Mo Lewis stuff on this Board (I didn't enjoy seeing Bledsoe hurt and do believe BB would have made the change sooner rather than later).

However beware of throwing stones from glass houses. Your true "football fans" in Dallas ran a legend out of town in Tom Landry and kicked his ass while he was going out the door. These same "true fans" then went ga-ga for TO after he disgraced your franchise with his antics on the 50 yard line "star" while with the 9'ers. So please don't lecture us as to what defines true fans or a true football region.

And you know this because of... common sense.. need something more empirical than how your world works. Not sure how you learned history, but that is what it is and there are always questions in hindsight, however some stuff can't be changed in the real world.

Yeah, it's sad.

Please knock off the holier than though crap...

I tend to agree with some of what you say as I have always felt uncomfortable reading the Mo Lewis stuff on this Board (I didn't enjoy seeing Bledsoe hurt and do believe BB would have made the change sooner rather than later).

However beware of throwing stones from glass houses. Your true "football fans" in Dallas ran a legend out of town in Tom Landry and kicked his ass while he was going out the door. These same "true fans" then went ga-ga for TO after he disgraced your franchise with his antics on the 50 yard line "star" while with the 9'ers. So please don't lecture us as to what defines true fans or a true football region.

It was Tom Landry's time to go when Jerry fired him. Just like, in looking at the results, it was Bledsoe's time to go when Brady replaced him. However while the fans are still going to support the team, I've never heard a case of anyone being disappointed at the very least in the way Jerry Jones handled things. And while there's nothing that can be done to prove this, I'm confident enough that I would bet the lives of myself and everyone that I love that if some player had ran over Landry on the sidelines and almost killed him, resulting in Jones having to replace him as a coach, and the team going on to win 3 out of 4 Super Bowls as they did, there sure as hell wouldn't be any message board posts saying pay homage to this man. As for T.O., I really don't care what he does as far as sideline celebrations, whether he's on The Cowboys or an opponent, the guy is a moron, as long as it doesn't cost the team 15 yards I could usually care less about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots