PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pay cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We've all seen the faux Goodell pay cut to a $1. Who here doesn't think the league votes this epic failure a 'bonus' to make it up? That said with all the fan biatching and whining here, real people who work in the league offices and for teams are seeing substantial real pay cuts. The good news is that these working families will be made whole IF the full season happens. I wish them the very best. Stay tuned.

Goodell, Pash slice salaries to $1; NFL employees lose 12% - USATODAY.com

Nice thread start and 100% ditto. These teams are pretty large entities that employ the full spectrum. Sadly, the most effected will be the least covered in media.

Last edited:
a megalomaniac with an IQ below 80...instead of making a category 5 hurricane out of a mild breeze (Whygate), personally baby sitting the worst organization in football with their degenerate toe sniffing,obscene public remark making,megaphone mouth head coach, rapist QB, drunk driving , women beating and deadbeat dad defensive players and criminal sideline tripping asst's,he should have been building bridges between the owners and players these past four years and doing EVERYTHING in his power, MAXIMIZING his time spent on averting this current DISASTER.

No matter the outcome in 2011, this preening,mugging for the cameras 24/7, Little Lord Fauntleroy needs to be unceremoniously BOOTED from ANY involvement with the NFL..and then subsequently investigated by the federal government for corruption.

a megalomaniac with an IQ below 80...instead of making a category 5 hurricane out of a mild breeze (Whygate), personally baby sitting the worst organization in football with their degenerate toe sniffing,obscene public remark making,megaphone mouth head coach, rapist QB, drunk driving , women beating and deadbeat dad defensive players and criminal sideline tripping asst's,he should have been building bridges between the owners and players these past four years and doing EVERYTHING in his power, MAXIMIZING his time spent on averting this current DISASTER.

No matter the outcome in 2011, this preening,mugging for the cameras 24/7, Little Lord Fauntleroy needs to be unceremoniously BOOTED from ANY involvement with the NFL..and then subsequently investigated by the federal government for corruption.

Dead on accurate. Perfect description.

Usually, I feel merit pay advocacy in certain situations is a scam, but in Goodell's case it seems right on, that is if it needs to be rounded up to a minimum of $1.

Because the millionaires and billionaires can't get over their greed the little guy has to suffer too. They're willing to show up to work. Why penalize them?

Here's news that many NFL teams are cutting or plan to cut coaches salaries ~25%. The assistant coaches average over $350K so some in government would call them 'rich' even after the pay cuts.

Given this, I don't think a coaches organization is improbable. Given the pay and long hours I don't think it unreasonable either. This position would be a first for me. :)
Owners may experience an unintended consequence here.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-03-16-coaches-salaries_N.htm

Last edited:
Bills cutting pay for their employees.

Bills start pay cuts during NFL labor dispute - Yahoo! News

Actions have consequences. Sadly, here the consequences fall on those with little to gain from a settlement other than salary retention.

Figures it would be the Bills with the story of cutting pay. I'm suprised they haven't brought in Canadiens to do the work for them already at half the cost. Just sell that team to a owner that cares and can market it properly and gtfo of the business Ralph.

Figures it would be the Bills with the story of cutting pay. I'm suprised they haven't brought in Canadiens to do the work for them already at half the cost. Just sell that team to a owner that cares and can market it properly and gtfo of the business Ralph.

Yah but now the SB Champion 'non-profit' Packers and many other teams have also cut pay. Bummer.

Last edited:
We've all seen the faux Goodell pay cut to a $1. Who here doesn't think the league votes this epic failure a 'bonus' to make it up? That said with all the fan biatching and whining here, real people who work in the league offices and for teams are seeing substantial real pay cuts. The good news is that these working families will be made whole IF the full season happens. I wish them the very best. Stay tuned.

Goodell, Pash slice salaries to $1; NFL employees lose 12% - USATODAY.com

So he's now being paid on merit?

Here's the latest details on pay cuts for employees of the 32 teams.

Caught in the middle: NFL team employees could give up salary - USATODAY.com

For once I agree with the Colts - protect the lower salaried employees. I was in upper management in High Tech with several companies and come the inevitable downturn the culture was cut upper management salaries first and by the largest %, with lesser % cuts for middle management before cutting salaries or letting productive development people go.

Interesting that the Packers, Giants and especially the Jets have been quick to cut and cut deeply (Jets). The Patriots have yet to act.

Last edited:
Al Breer just tweeted the following regarding salaries:

DeMaurice Smiht: 1.2 Million
Jeff Pash: 5.5 million.

Roger Goodell: (wait for it)

10 FRIGGIN MILLION... No way is that guy worth that much money..

Last edited:
That's not news nor is Goody's now taking $1 instead.
We all know that once the CBA is resolved the owners will vote him a $9,999,999.000 'bonus'.
Pathetic.

The owners are like a Board of Directors and the problem I have with corporate America BODs is that they most often way overpay the good ol boys they hire as CEOs. Incestuous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back