PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Paxton signed by Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Paxton to Broncos

Did we ever indicate any interest in Dawkins?

The Patriots? No idea... but I indicated interest in having him on that team and, really, that's all that matters.

Paxton’s agent Paul Sheehy wrote in an e-mail. “The only issue is how much is the long snapper position valued on that team versus elsewhere in the league? Again, if there’s interest out there from other teams, financially, it has to be huge by long-snapper standards for us to consider leaving.”

From James Sanders ready to hit market - BostonHerald.com overtaken by events now. But for me, it puts Paxton up there with Givens and TBC as guys who abandoned the Pats but caused no hard feelings in me.

When was the last time he did (not counting intentional safeties)?
Bingo. Best longsnapper in the business.. I can't ever remember a bad snap from him. While unheralded, I think worth the money easily.

Bingo. Best longsnapper in the business.. I can't ever remember a bad snap from him. While unheralded, I think worth the money easily.
Oh it's heralded, I think it was Cincy that gave a slightly higher contract to their LS, making Paxton #2 in LS$$.

God bless Lonnie! Many Thanks!

Paxton’s agent Paul Sheehy wrote in an e-mail. “The only issue is how much is the long snapper position valued on that team versus elsewhere in the league? Again, if there’s interest out there from other teams, financially, it has to be huge by long-snapper standards for us to consider leaving.”

From James Sanders ready to hit market - BostonHerald.com overtaken by events now. But for me, it puts Paxton up there with Givens and TBC as guys who abandoned the Pats but caused no hard feelings in me.

I wouldn't say that Givens and TBC "abandoned" the Patriots. I honestly don't think that TBC was in the mix at the time. Givens was offered #1 money (at the time) to be a #1 receiver for the Titans. You can't begrudge him that.

As for Lonnie, I said a month ago that there might have been some sort of friction based on the fact that Paxton only got a 1 year deal from the Pats this last time around.

I won't say that there are no hard feelings because I can't speak for the Pats or Paxton. What I do know is that the Pats lost the bust long snapper in the league. And everyone clamoring and saying that it was a wasted roster spot sure wont be saying that if the new long snapper costs us a game with a bad snap...

Great, there goes are 1st Rd. pick. If I was in charge I'd draft Long-Snappers with EVERY pick.

Lonnie Paxton is gone. The dynasty is over.

Personally, I would be thrilled if we got a LS who could actually contribute as a backup at a position, saving a roster spot.

I would be happy to have a LS that is as consistent as Lonie Paxton ... obviously Denver valued him more than we did. Denver Post is reporting this as a 5 year contract dollar amount wasn't available. If we take the top LS in the draft (Irwin - Hawaii), he will only be a long snapper. This is the most under appreciated position in the game.

I'll miss tailgating with Lonie Sr, his Carne Asada steaks, and getting a chance to wear Lonies Super Bowl Ring ... good luck and congrats Lonie.

Last edited:
Much as I appreciate his reliability, don't most teams have a very reliable long snapper? Can't say I see a lot of LS controversies (though it's bad not to have a reliable one).

Seems not too long ago that Ken Walter was the only one who could hold Vinatieri's balls, and we got past that.:)

I just heard about this tonight so I know it's old news, but wanted to throw in my $.02.

At first I was really shocked; who among us can ever forget the snow angel that night? Or that Lonnie made the snaps on the FGs that won us two Super Bowls?

But after a minute, I thought, Come on, he's a long snapper; not exactly a franchise player. How often do you hear about these guys? Mainly only when they screw up, which isn't that often, so that means there's plenty of good ones to go around. A little sad to see him go, yes, but how many guys you see in the stands wearing Paxton jerseys anyway?

I would be happy to have a LS that is as consistent as Lonie Paxton ... obviously Denver valued him more than we did. Denver Post is reporting this as a 5 year contract dollar amount wasn't available. If we take the top LS in the draft (Irwin - Hawaii), he will only be a long snapper. This is the most under appreciated position in the game.

I'll miss tailgating with Lonie Sr, his Carne Asada steaks, and getting a chance to wear Lonies Super Bowl Ring ... good luck and congrats Lonie.

Expressions of serious man love are OK these days Markey!

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't consider losing Paxton to be that much of a concern. Considering the other players that left via free agency and were replaced, finding another long snapper should be a breeze. There will be dozens of undrafted college seniors that played center that can be brought in to compete for the job, along with Hochstein - and Denver's former LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots