Welcome to PatsFans.com

Paul's Points: Predictions for the NFL Season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Box_O_Rocks, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/articles/paulspoints_09-08-2006.html

He forecasts the Pats to win the AFCE with a 14-2 record and loose to Denver in the AFC Championship game - oh well, at least he started out okay...
  2. FloridaPatsFan

FloridaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Box, read Bill Simmons page 2 article on ESPN.com about the upcoming NFL season and what he says about Denver. I know he's a homer but he makes his point so clearly that its hard not to agree. He basically says that the drafting of Jay Cutler is the worst thing Denver could have done to the shaken confidence of Jake Plummer. Cutler is the future QB of Denver and its a matter of time before Plummer starts throwing dumbass interceptions that the fans start calling for Plummers head. Shanahan has made it clear that Plummers days are numbered. His confidence will be the first to go. Simmons point: Denver will not be in the superbowl.
  3. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

I'm not ready to pick a Jake Plummer Collapse. The fact is, we've been waiting 3 years for Plummer's collapse, and he has been among the league's better QBs over that time span.

I think Denver should be more worried about the loss of Trevor Pryce. Pryce did not put up big numbers onver the '05 season, but he was a Seymour-esque presence on that line, stuffing the run and drawing the double teams. Withougt Pryce, Denver will struggle to force a pass rush, greatly limiting the effectiveness of a great secondary, and opening things for offenses.
  4. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think he pretty much has collapsed every year - in January when it counts. He sure did last year in the title game.
  5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

The AFC West is going to beat up on each other.

Denver has to prove they can run the ball with Bell and Bell, and if they can get the tough yards, plus they lost Jeb Putzier, but they did pick up Walker.