PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Paula at Superbowl Half. What are they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Sox_Fan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Paula at Superbowl Half. Halftimes have become a joke these days! Is this setting stage for surprise?

Check out her most recent meltdown at an airport where she started screaming uncontrollably and flipping out. They're nuts if they hire her.

Paula Abdul may be the single most important figure in the history of professional sports cheerleading. Furthermore, I think she made one of the great music videos of all time, plus several of the honorable-mention ones.

Even so, I have no idea why anybody would hire her for a big gig at this point.

My vote for halftime would have been either AC/DC or ZZ Top. Now that says football (at least to me anyway). After the past couple of years, I'm surprised they didn't try to book Clay Aiken. :eek:

Last edited:
My vote for halftime would have been either AC/DC or ZZ Top. Now that says football (at least to me anyway). After the past couple of years, I'm surprised they didn't try to book Clay Aiken. :eek:

if that's the choices i say zz. i can't stand the singer for ac/dc. give me bon scott all day.

, I think she made one of the great music videos of all time, plus several of the honorable-mention ones.

I hated the stupid dancing cat music video and when that came out i was under 10. There was just no reason to put a stupid cat that almost tried to resemble a gangster in a music video. I mean the song was opposites attract but i dont think gangster cats with tiny mohawks and one pierced earing were the idea Abdul was trying to go for. If so then shes more of a freak than any of us ever knew.

skatkat2.jpg

I mean look at this stupid cat.

Is there a reason it seems that too many superbowl half times recently feature musicians who are just too old?

Last Year -- Prince -- 20 years past his prime
2 Years Ago- Rolling Stones -- 30 years too late
3 Years Ago Paul Mcartney -- 40 years

AC/DC gets my vote.

Coming out with a new album soon. Hope the tour hits ye olde New England.

if that's the choices i say zz. i can't stand the singer for ac/dc. give me bon scott all day.

I used to feel like you about Bon Scott and the new guy (don't know his name) but after watching scads of videos of him, and after seeing him live, I will admit that his scratchy voice has grown on me.

Paula at Superbowl Half. Halftimes have become a joke these days! Is this setting stage for surprise?

Who cares about that as long as the Patriots are playing?

Dude, you MUST change your screen name.

Is the Super Bowl on FOX this year? That is the only way I can see this making sense, you know, to tie in an adverisement for that American Idol show alot of people have not heard of. :rolleyes:

They might be better off getting Britney.

Is there a reason it seems that too many superbowl half times recently feature musicians who are just too old?
...and not American. Although U2 had, IMHO, the best SB halftime show ever.

I could've sworn they said that Tom Petty was doing halftime this year. No?

I heard Tom Petty was already set for halftime.
Guess not.

Paula Abdul may be the single most important figure in the history of professional sports cheerleading. Furthermore, I think she made one of the great music videos of all time, plus several of the honorable-mention ones.

Even so, I have no idea why anybody would hire her for a big gig at this point.

Boy, are you easy to please.

I heard Tom Petty was already set for halftime.
Guess not.

he was announced last week. i think that someone's yanking chains out here...seems to have worked too.

Huh, I just looked and, from what I can tell, Tom Petty is still performing. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Could be like Super Bowl XXXV in '01 that had Aerosmith, 'N Sync, Britney Spears, Nelly, Tremors & The Earthquake Horns, and Mary J. Blige on the bill. All I could say about that show was Oy Vay...

I like Kid Rock and Justin Timberlake is tolerable. Any chance of them doing a halftime show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots