Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patters=Nazi FTW=Moderator

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInEaglesLand, Feb 12, 2006.

1. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Just look at this board whenever one of Patters boyfriends(mikey, NEM, AAB) gets called out for what they are, he locks the thread. I have yet to see 1 thread locked by FTW. The liberal fags can say or do whatever they want, attack you, post how soldiers are war criminals, post the same thing 10 f-ing times, nothing is said. Than turd posts a rebuttal to mikey's lunatic left post and it gets closed.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=31109

This is exactly why the left is the nazi party in America do it there way are don't do anything.

2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Patter was just doing his job as the moderator.

Turd was maliciusly attacking me.

In fact, Patter should not have only closed the thread, he should also have permanently banned Turd from posting.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Exactly what I was talking about, now he wants Turd banned for turning the table on him, CLASSIC!

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Far left Liberals that love to squash and censor everything that they don't agree with.

That is the reason the new world (Net, Fox, Talk Radio ect) is driving them insane, THEY CAN'T CENSOR IT.

The little Liberal Moderators of the country love to Puff up their chests and tell you what defenders of FREEDOM AND CIVIL LIBERTIES they are, they Pride themselves on being against "Bigotry, Racism, ect" but watch what they do when somebody they don't agree with trys to exercise a little of that freedom, then you will see some REAL BIGOTRY.

Double Standard Cruel Phony's. Freedom of speech is only for the speech they agree with.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

We have rules that we all agreed on at the time that Ian appointed moderators. Those rules included: no personal attacks and no bigoted posts, among others. That means it's okay to call liberals "troop killers" and conservatives "Nazis," but it's not okay to apply those terms to individual members in the forum.

When name-calling is done in the heat of discussion in the middle of a thread, both FTW and I usually let it go. When it's the subject of a post, then we have to respond or we'll get back to the point where other patsfans are complaining to Ian about the forum.

A condition for keeping the political forum alive is that we don't alienate patfans who may on occasion visit the this forum. People like FBN, JoeSixPat, PatsFanInMaine, and Zuma seem to be less and less involved, and I believe it's at least in part because of the nasty tone of many of the posts.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

I have always advocated that this forum be kept open, however recently I have noticed a tendency to just rant and rave without any substantiation. I no longer will voice my opinion in support of whatever is going on here, I think this forum and a certain few have deteriorated intelligent discussion into self centered babble.

It is unfortunate that there have been some intelligent threads introduced that just descend into name calling, conjecture and begging of issues. Not that anyone cares, but imo integrity has been lost and what once was a valued discussion group is now a reactionary forum for people frustrated with what is going on in this world.

Terms like liberal fags, the word cunt which I read yesterday make us no better than the lowest members of society, the quality of this forum has been diluted significantly.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Your a real Neo Lib Mike, as soon as the heats on "Ban & Censor" stamp your feet and "get rid of em".

Cindy Sh!than gets a standing ovation---Ann Coulter gets a pie in the face. (The Liberal Way.

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

It's really a problem. I too have favored a very open forum and have resisted just about every attempt to ban or suspend someone, but maybe we need a different approach. I wonder if I should delete individual posts when they are inappropriate. The problem with that is that I wouldn't catch all of them, and it's even more subjective than a warning or closing a thread. There is no good soluton, but the best one might be if participants in the forum had a little more respect for each other.

10. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The last paragraph is particularly salient. The tone does appear to have become more aggressive and angry in the last year or so. The quality of debate has suffered as a result.

11. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 27 / -38

#15 Jersey

Nobody was banned. Now go have a good cry for yourself PFIEL. You're a joke.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

In other words, no talking back to the Liberals. If the Liberal calls the President of the United States a "Scum Bag" the response should be "oh gosh, gee, darn it"

Liberals have no idea what the "real world is like", they live in Oz.

13. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 27 / -38

#15 Jersey

If a neo-con supports that kind of language towards former presidents, isn't it the same thing?

14. JLC

JLC Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I still think you're FOS on that one, NEM. There's no way to continually berate an office holder without without eventually damaging the integrity of the office itself.
    $ .02

In response to the general tone here, it does seem to have deteriorated over the last few months. Time to go back to football.

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

The tone has deteriorated because of Harry Boy, PFIEL, and to a lesser degree patriotspride and Turd because they are crude and rude. If Harry Boy and PFIEL were not in the forum, the forum would return to what it was, with a larger percentage of real debates and discussions. Although some will think I'm singling out right-wingers, the fact is no others in this forum post personal attacks that are as rude and offensive as these:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=41890&postcount=1
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=41793&postcount=1
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=41447&postcount=12
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=41194&postcount=8

Prove me wrong.

16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Yeah and Pelosi, Reid, Durbin, Kennedy, Mckinnley, Schummer, Clinton, Boxer, Feinstien, and others have nothing to do with that?

17. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,059 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Three more years NEMmie bro! And I'm glad!

18. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Single me out because I used the term "fag", BFD, you choose it now live with it!

You say absolutly zero about the vile garbage mikey or NEM post( oh I wonder why? :rolleyes: ) now you want to jump on me, *** you!

Prove me wrong! You can't.

19. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,059 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

What does a smoldering wooden stick have to do with anything?

-p (confused, as always)

20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is true, those are pretty gross. And yet, only the libs "are in the red" with shameless behavior. How interesting.