Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patters is unfair

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Forgive the clever title, but I'd like to draw the righties attention to something. Several of the righties think I am unfair--quick to criticize their personal attacks and slow to criticize those of the liberals. I don't think that's true, though I'm sure I've made some mistakes. But, here's what I want to point out to righties:

Many of you are quickly offended when you feel I have treated you unequally. You feel that I am dishonest and sometimes use my power as moderator to take sides. Well, that is similar to how black people, gay people, immigrants, and others feel, but on a more regular basis. The same kind of prejudice that you feel I direct at you is what minorities feel lenders, employers, landlords, stores, and so on direct at them.

Imagine if you had to put up with someone unfair several times or more each week. Wouldn't it get to you? Wouldn't you think something should be done? That's what civil rights is about.

You are extra sensitive to discrimination because you are not used to being discriminated against. Like I said, I try not be biased as a moderator, but if I am, I hope it at least makes you more understanding of those minorities who are fighting for equality and civil rights.
  2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Patters is unfair... progressives on the board get shameless behavior flags and I have yet to see one for a "conservative"
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Patters is unfair, product of the drive by media, Washington Post, New York times. Dan Rather, perky Katie Couric, Ted kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid......
  4. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's amazing how you can be so superior and condenscending.

And, to be sure, I am a single straight white male - the single most discriminated sector of society.

Fire a black or hispanic, you're labeled a racist.

Fire a white female and you're sexist.

Fire a white male - good for you.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

You aren't unfair, you're just wrong about everything . . . or most things, anyway :)
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Whitey is the "Discriminated" now, wait till the Cynthia McKinney's and Belafontes really go to work on them, then you will see some REAL racism.

The "White Mother F-ckers" are in for it. "Whaaaaaaaa, mommy their picking on me":(
  7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There is a lot of truth to that. Twenty and thirty something white males are the last to get a job interview, all other things being equal. Its called reverse discrimination and its a real phenomenon.
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Chevy, my post is a tongue-in-cheek. While the message is serious, I wasn't expecting the righties to respond with thanks.

Even if you think you're among those most discriminated against, then you should be able to understand where different groups are coming from when they say that they too face discrimination. Perhaps if white men like yourself joined with blacks, gays, and other groups that are fighting discrimination, we could get something done.
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I want to discriminate I should be able to. If I own a business and want no white or no blacks or no gays then that's what I should be able to do. If I can hire enough people due to this, it's my loss but it should be my right to hire whoever I want.
  10. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Mine was only partially TiC ... And the key isn't some public show of unity and whatnot ... It's for all of us to live by the tenet "I'll take care of my business, you take care of yours, and neither of us need to burden society." That will keep us all far too busy to be racist.
  11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

I noticed the great Patters decided to close MGColby's threads about mikey , but when mikey, NEM, AAB or other various liberals attack people threads aren't closed, matter of fact they are quickly defended by Patters usually.

[​IMG]
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

That's the point of this thread. You are very sensitive to what you perceive is discrimination, so imagine how other gorups -- gays, blacks, Latinos, immigrants, and so on -- feel when they are discriminated against. Perhaps now that you've experienced what you perceive is prejudice, you'll be more sensitive to these issues.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

So now you're teaching us a lesson about being "sensitive" by acting in a prejudiced manner towards those of us who have opinions that differ from yours.

I think it's time for you to resign if you're honest. You've overstepped your moderators boundaries. Get someone to replace you and go back to bing a regular poster. Your admission, however subtly, that you are, in effect, acting in a prejudiced way as a moderator, disqualifies you from the job...I don't know why you'd want to do it in the first place.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Whaaaaaaaaa, mommy he called me a bad name, sob, blubber splutter.
    :bricks:

Two Liberals Over Coffee:
    "Bush is a f-cking slimey chimp scum bag white mother f-cking drunken pig coward b astard"

"You can say that again"

"OK, Bush is a f-cking slimey chimp scum bag white mother f-cking pig coward b astard"

"Thank You"
  15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thats awesome!!!!! You forgot drunken.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

AQM

First you post garbage from junk websites and than holler your old crazy head that it is "documented" facts, BS the crap is debunked as soon as you type in those addresses, and than when you are called on your lies you run, never to be heard again in that thread, than that is when you will conveniently start another thread with a cartoon, photo shop or you stupid quote from Roosevelt. You are so predictable.

Put your foil hat on, download FatEd Shultz to your Ipod, crawl under the desk and pray today isn't the day it is all going to end.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  17. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that Roosevelt. What a piece of crap for saying things like that.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

PATTERS,
    Not fair, not fair, in another thread Pujo called me a "blackguardianism" what the f-ck is that?

My wife says it means "A ss Hole"

I'm a Neo Con, call me anything you want, us Neo Con's can take it, the poor little sensitive Neo Libs are very fragile so we should respect their sensitivity, they are "Kind And Caring", "oh look dear, a butterfly" :bricks:
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Actually, wistah, what I said is that he's sensitive to "what he perceives is discrimination." I'm quite confident I apply the rules fairly, and have certainly closed as many threads or issued as many warnings or sent as many PMs to liberals as I have to conservatives. And when someone points out I've applied an uneven hand, as PFIEL did yesterday, I look over the evidence and quickly correct my mistake. My goal as moderator is to help the forum get past the b.s., not to punish people, and sometimes a warning or closing a thread makes it easier for people to return to substantive discussions.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Drunken:
    No, it's in there :rocker: